Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I was actually wondering about this myself. I by far prefer the black cast wheels with the polished rims over any other option. But I'm glad that Honda is offering the spoked rims for anyone who desires them (wherever the EX model is going to be offered that is). But whether they use tubes or are tubeless is not something that I would want to overlook.Scoobynut_imp said:Some nice detail photos from this Italian website:
Honda CB1100EX e CB1100 MY 2014
Has anyone commented on whether the spoke wheels are tubeless or not?
At first I thought, wow, cool, spoke wheels! Then I remembered what it's like to clean them...
...but would the new tank also fit to the old gauge meter in the old dashboard? I do not know.Flynrider_imp said:I hope the new larger tank will fit the 2013 bike. That's about the only improvement I really, really want.
The 6 speed I can do without. The CB11 is already the lowest revving bike at highway speed that I've owned.
I like what they did with the side covers and exhaust on the EX bike. They are closer to "classic Honda" than the current ones.
This is one thing, I do not understand: For me the new (higher) head lamps do not look better, indeed it looks worse...Joola_imp said:Looks like they kept the horn in the same location even though they raised the headlight. The Road Comet fairing wouldn't work like this (without an adapter) since it mounts to the horn and headlight brackets.

Scoobynut_imp said:Some nice detail photos from this Italian website:
Honda CB1100EX e CB1100 MY 2014
Has anyone commented on whether the spoke wheels are tubeless or not?
At first I thought, wow, cool, spoke wheels! Then I remembered what it's like to clean them...
According to the (German) tech specs the CB 1100 EX comes with so called "high shoulder rims" which might mean that the tires are tubelessRboe_imp said:My Griso has black rims with spokes. Oh man they do look good! I'm not all that big on cleaning so it's not really an issue for me.
Each spoke has an o-ring so it's tubeless tires for me. If the Honda has tubed tires that may be a deal breaker for me (I'm dreaming, unless I win the lottery I ain't buying it anyway).
Otherwise; I'm sorely tempted if it comes over here. Sorely tempted.

Looks like the limiter is still there in the pic'sbiker_imp said:Has anybody got any information about the speed cutter in the 2014 models?
Looks like the limiter is still there in the pic'sCIP57_imp said:Looks like the limiter is still there in the pic'sbiker_imp said:Has anybody got any information about the speed cutter in the 2014 models?

I'm with you Spaceman, I like my 2013. The duel exhaust is nice, but I'll keep my 2013.The Spaceman_imp said:The only feature on the EX that interests me is the double walled header pipes. I don't like spoked wheels and my gas tank is bigger than my urine tank. I guess 6 speeds would be nice, but I'm used to the 5 speed by now. And I love the red color.
Guess I'll be keeping my limited-edition, one-year only 2013.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I suppose that's why they decided to raise the headlight too. I'm just being a little mischievous here, but in 30 or 40 years I see the 2013's being the sought after model, much like the '69 CB750 is now. And just as a '75 or '76 CB750 is a better bike in almost every way than a '69 or '70 CB750, excepting maybe outright power, the early model 1100s may eventually have that same cachet, despite lacking the spoke wheels or the 6-speed transmission of the post-2013 model. If I'm not dead by the time it's decided then it will be fun to see if I was right. Then again, If I'm not dead by then, it will be fun simply to not be dead. :rofl:SUPERCRUZ_imp said:Okay, so there are a couple of vids out on Youtube for the 2014 CB1100 EX. I love the dual exhaust, seat, and the addition of 6 sp and the gear indicator. In my opinion, the tank looks a little bulbous and I am not a fan of the spoked wheels or the new side covers. It is an attractive package but the bike almost looks like Honda is trying too hard to make the bike resemble a 70s CB750. Maybe that is the purpose.
Wonder if the dual exhaust and seat would fit the 2013. May have to think about those down the road. Overall, a nice bike with some nice upgrades. Owners will be proud to own this bike and Honda did a nice job and listened to their customers.