NEW 2014: CB 1100, CB 1100 EX

ingobohn_imp

Been there
Thread starter
At least here in Germany and/or Europe, two (!) new models of the CB 1100 are announced:
- CB 1100 2014
- CB 1100 EX

The CB 1100 2014 model comes with a 6 gear box, new color "graphite black", modified signal lights, 17,5 L fuel tank, gear indicator, 17" rims, and more dashboard info (avg. consumption etc.)
The CB 1100 EX comes additionally with spoke wheels, a 4-2-2 exhaust, and painted side covers.

Here is a link to a german motor bike magazine, it is in German language of course. ;)

EDIT: Added some more information. Caution - I found sometimes contradicting information regarding the two models, e.g. some say only the EX has 17" rims, some say both models have.
 
Six speeds, a gear indicator, and a bigger tank, that is fantastic!

Is it possible Honda was compiling the wish list from comments made on this forum? Certainly ticks all my boxes.
 
Thread starter
Confusing the Russians... :D
Here is the official press release of Honda Germany regarding the CB 1100 EX. What confuses me is that the regular CB 1100 (non-EX) is not mentioned at all, so I do not know if the EX is an additional model or replaces the regular CB 1100).

Use e.g. Google Translate to find out more...

Here are some key features of the CB 1100 EX 2014 which indeed contradicts in some points to what I posted above:[ul] [li]17,5 L gas tank[/li] [li]Reworked design of the side covers[/li] [li]Seat with quilting/stitching[/li] [li]Softer seat for more (?*) comfort[/li] [li]Spoke wheels with high shoulder rims (therefore still tubeless?*)[/li] [li]4-1 exhaust[/li] [li]Exhaust 40 mm shorter[/li] [li]6 gear box[/li] [li]6th gear is an overdrive, gears 1-5 "untouched"[/li] [li]New chrome rings around the dashboard[/li] [li]Gear indicator[/li] [li]Dashboard now shows current fuel consumption, average fuel consumption and - if the fuel gauge goes to red - the remaining reach (km)[/li] [li]The signal indicators (blinker) are slimer[/li] [li]Maximum torque is now 91 NM at 5000 RPM (before: 93 NM, 5000 RPM*)[/li] [li]Double-walled exhaust manifold to avoid discoloration[/li] [li]Front wheel 110/90-18, rear wheel 140/70-18 (so no 17" rims*)[/li] [li]Side covers under the seat are a bit longer (what do they mean?*)[/li] [li]Pillion handle is higher (what do they mean?*)[/li] [li]Head lamp is mounted 25 mm higher (closer to the dashboard)[/li] [li]Weight 260 kg (+2 kg due to bigger tank*)
[/li][/ul]
* my annotations/remarks
cb400four_imp said:
ACK

Unfortunately, I might have bought my CB 1100 too early. :(
But the good news is that it seems that Honda really listened to what the customers said. :thumbsup:
So all who plan to buy the CB in 2014 will get a really good update!
 
Man, this is good news to me. I just hope the 2014 comes back to the states with the above improvements. Honda really has listened it appears which seems to be a rare thing these days with big companies. I am really excited to hear the news here.

I have been in no less than 4 or 5 dealers lately and not a single one of them could tell me squat about the 2014 CB's or if there will even be one.
 
I just made a deal for my 2013 ABS model last night because who knows what we'll see or when we'll see it. Oh we'll, I still like the red and I can always trade up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That is great news!!!! I plan on buying one in 2014. I will feel better though if/when it is officially confirmed to be coming to the states next year!
 
Bugger. That over drive would sure be nice. I like the looks of the stretched colour matched side covers too.
 
Good news, glad to see Honda expanding on the CB1100 lineup! Hopefully we'll be seeing them here in the States for 2014.
 
I need more money!!!

The specs from the German page are so enticing. The new seat looks nice (reminds me of my K&H seat), the double walled exhaust, overdrive, upgraded computer functions...

I can't imagine this wouldn't be coming back to the states for 2014.
 
Thread starter
x-ref: official video
The ferret_imp said:
"In UK it replaces..."

I spoke with my dealer today (he was on a Honda Germany Dealer Convention last week), he did not have more information about the CB 1100 EX than I already had (that is normal - the Internet is often faster and Honda lets their dealers stay in the rain). He did only know that the CB 1100 EX will hit Germany in spring 2014. He did not know the price* and he did not know whether it replaces the old CB11 or will coexist (as a kind of "premium" model).

Now it would be interesting to know the pricing...

* He only said, that due to inflation compensation prices for Honda bikes will go up in Germany in 2014 roughly about 300 EUR (depending on the model) which also includes the CB 1100.
 
biker_imp said:
Seems that the guys waiting for a black model finally get a really black one:
2014 Honda CB1100 Announced
Congratulations. I like that color schema.
I just noticed in the photos on this black edition page, there's no exhaust on the drive side. Isn't the 2014 supposed to have a 4-2 exhaust? I know I saw it in the official video and press photos...
 
17.5 liters is 4.6 gallons. That would be nice. I like the gear indicator. 5 or 6 speed makes no diff to me. I like the mag wheels, I like the 4 into 2 pipes. I dont care for white. Silver engine would be ok. I need Honda to be like a car dealer...I want to order one the way I want it lol
Joola_imp said:
biker_imp said:
Seems that the guys waiting for a black model finally get a really black one:
2014 Honda CB1100 Announced
Congratulations. I like that color schema.
I just noticed in the photos on this black edition page, there's no exhaust on the drive side. Isn't the 2014 supposed to have a 4-2 exhaust? I know I saw it in the official video and press photos...
I just noticed in the photos on this black edition page, there's no exhaust on the drive side. Isn't the 2014 supposed to have a 4-2 exhaust? I know I saw it in the official video and press photos...

Depends of its a standard or an EX I think
 
Thread starter
Now the price (in Germany) for the CB 1100 EX is released: it will be 1000 EUR above the old CB 1100 (which will be discontinued). With all the changes/optimizations in mind, this is a fair price I think.
Old CB 1100: 10900 EUR (plus handling fee of 265 EUR)
New CB 1100 EX: 11900 EUR (plus handling fee of 265 EUR)

Source: "Motorrad" magazine
 
This is huge. If they are confirmed for the US, I'm getting one! The 6 speed does it for me - plus they kept the centerstand!
 
I hope the new larger tank will fit the 2013 bike. That's about the only improvement I really, really want.

The 6 speed I can do without. The CB11 is already the lowest revving bike at highway speed that I've owned.

I like what they did with the side covers and exhaust on the EX bike. They are closer to "classic Honda" than the current ones.
 
I love the spokes, I'm getting those. They have to be cheaper then the Excel set and if they come to the US even better :celebrate:
 
Back
Top