New 2013 ready for the road

geosar_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
The final package arrived today so I have finished the first phase.
I have installed: Honda luggage rack, Willie and Max Universal Hardcase bag guards, Honda engine crash guards, Puig Plus windscreen,Grab On foam grip covers a Go Cruise throttle control and some small bullet LED rear turn signals relocated to make room for my Nelson Riggs bags, Kuryakyn universal throttle rocker, 3M clear bra for the tank. I am impressed with how well the inexpensive Go Cruise works as a cruise control


I am still trying to understand the ergonomics-at 6'2" the Puig does not offer great protection. I may need to get some handlebar risers for longer trips. And my right knee seems to gravitate to the very hot engine.


[url=http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/geosar69/media/IMG_0539.jpg.html]

Cruise control and throttle rocker

[url=http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/geosar69/media/IMG_0542.jpg.html]
 
You've been busy, geosar, and it looks good.

Forgive my ignorance, but What's the difference between the cruise control and throttle rocker and why have both?
 
Thread starter
The cruise control actually allows me to take my hand off the throttle on long trips. The throttle rocker is the little tab on the lateral portion of the throttle. I bought one 20 years ago and discovered that my milage was improved because I just rested my hand on the throttle and apparently do not gun it as much. Smoother driving.

We shall see if they both stay.

I have not had a new bike in years and I forgot how much fun it is buying accessories and learning from a group like this.

George
 
Cormanus,

I have the throttle rocker (that exact same one as a matter of fact) and a cruise control on my CB. I like being able to relax my hand when not using the CC. Otherwise, for some reason it starts to tingle. My left hand doesn't do that.

Same thing on the ST, rocker and CC
 
Wow another CB with all kinds of goodies. Looking good George.
 
Lookin' good, Geosar! I see we have similar mods. Your Go-Cruise looks a bit different than mine. I got the polished aluminum one with the adjustment screw. Let us know how that one works for you.

Is that an Alaska Leather Butt Pad on your seat? I've got one on my CB750 and was planning on ordering one for the CB11. What size is that one?

Looks like you're ready to ride. Good weather all around AZ this weekend.
 
Thread starter
I actually purchased it in 2005 for my Wee-strom. It is 14x14 inches. Great vendor to deal with. I was considering getting an air hawk as well.
 
Thread starter
The Tank Slapper people have a precut product.

I, however, for better or worse have been studying Scoobynut's clear bra tutorial in the how to section of this forum. Bought the 3M film on Ebay mixed my baby shampoo/water and alcohol/waterband waiting for a sunny day.

George
 
Its in Mechanical and Technical section
 
Thread starter
I installed one panel of the 3M clear bra film. The area which is abutted by the seat is now protected. Scoobynut's tutorial was invaluable but there is definitely a learning curve to stretching and squeegeeing the material.

Patience, patience and lots of soapy water.

I like the result and thank Scooby a lot.

George
 
Thread starter
Stretching the film is the key. It took a while to figure out how to stretch the film and squeegee the bubbles out.
 
Thread starter
Today my CB has been completed for now. I took the bike to Jerome, Arizona with some friends. I installed an Airhawk 2 (the cheaper version) and it makes all the difference . I also installed the Rox 2 inch risers and the fatigue in my back is much less.

Placed the rest of my 3M clear bra on the tank to protect it from the tank bag. 340 miles, and ready for the summer season.
 
Alright geosar, now ride the wheels off that thing!
 
Thread starter
Thank you Ferret.

Still mulling the gaiters. I am not certain removing all of those front wheel items is within my abilities.
 
Back
Top