New 1200 cc Bonnies revealed

Being water cooled may help the new engine to survive
in modern restrictions. I prefer an air cooled motorbike
such as the CB or the W800.

Somehow a bit overdressed this new Bonnie with it's
huge motor. Too far away from the original idea.

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
Well,an original '68 Bonnie except for the color and tank paint scheme! (Black was not a color that year, and I believe the lower scallop is incorrect.) That being said, it's hard to beat an original T120 Bonnie in the looks department. But I'm biased:
Uh-oh, I promised my wife is hold off on buying another bike, but this Thruxton R gives me the wallet tingles: http://www.morebikes.co.uk/scoop-20...vealed-64-more-torque-and-killer-1960s-looks/
 
Yes I remember now, that was a repaint. Owner liked black bikes. I think the lower scallop is correct.

Wow that Thruxton R is killer!
 
The version with full Ohlins and Brembo m50s is one of my favourite new bikes.

8b345c4708efe4eacf8b76f80ff40a9e.jpg
 
I really like the look of this new Bonnie in all it's versions. Wish there was a spec sheet with weight, seat height and power figures. The Thruxton model looks to be a serious performance bike.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Very Nice IMO.. factory gaiters and grab rail, they fixed the pipes pretty much, and the chrome oval air cleaner is a nice touch and nod to the past, seat even looks better, engine covers look better. Tank is still to bulbous though




and an original 68 Bonnie

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/68%20Bonnie_zpsqfyojyp7.jpg.html]
I really like the look of the "bulbous" tank on the Bonnie and wish I could own both. Right now, I'm struggling to own the CB.
 
That thruxton looks unbelievable .For petes sake ditch the fake carbs though we are all over it. I traded my thrux in for the cb because the finish wasn't up to spec. It was a wicked fun bike to ride though once sorted just didn't have the go to back up the racy look. Now it seems as if they have sorted that bit out. Well done triumph. I do love the brand i owned three prior to the CB. Those boys over on the T-RAT website are no doubt cracking their piggy banks open. I bet that thruxton will run 12 k though. Heres my old thruxton-->

[url=http://postimage.org/]images upload
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnMpPkjwyE&feature=youtu.be]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnMpPkjwyE&feature=youtu.be

They have always had a flare for the dramatic
 
Triumph did well to mount a longer tank on the Thruxton models befitting their different ergonomic layout. Do wish they had made the tank on the other models a bit slimmer to the rear. Good job overall.
 
Ferret, was the brake on that '68 Bonnie on the left side?

0a2c74f816b9e7c73645f69542f88e78.jpg
 
I believe it was Cormanus. Just beautiful bikes weren't they?
 
So it's liquid cooled but has cooling fins. It's injected but has carbs. Maybe someday we can run a cooling medium through the forks or handlebars. If the CB had that bulky rad in front who would have bought it? My W650 had the proper look, as does my CB, as does the V7. Until then bodywork or side shots only when liquid cooling....
 
Lovely. I like the look of the new one too. I'm interested in how small it looks with someone on it. There's not just kmoney's photo above but I saw a bit of Brookland's video which made it look modest in size next to the people looking at it.
 
The air cooled street bike is a living fossil and is destined for extinction. I love my CB. That beautiful air cooled four was one of the reasons, that and knowing bikes like this will soon be victims of ever more stringent emission controls.

I think Triumph did an outstanding job upgrading the Bonnie. The radiator is well concealed and the cooling fins actually aid in keeping coolant temps down. Styling is near perfect.
 
The Honda CB is a dinosaur? It is air and oil cooled, runs perfectly maybe better than that Triumph. It is possible that air and oil cooling may be here longer than you think. Maybe longer than EPA mandates.
 
Back
Top