Need recommendation for throttle lock

Jim_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I need a recommendation for a good, not too expensive, throttle lock. That flasher switch inhibits the use of the generic one that the dealership sells. Thx
 
A number of members use the Go Cruise or Go Cruise 2. I have one but haven't used it yet as I have a BrakeAway (expensive, so rules it out for you :). )

Ferret has pics of his Go Cruise somewhere. The Aluminum one is the one to get.

And of course there are other throttle locks.
 
I'm using a Go Cruise 2 in polished aluminum.

42285b558e2df4cd5059d3319f016152.jpg


Picked it up on Amazon for around $35.
 
Go-Cruise 2 in black aluminum. Although I must admit it's a recent acquisition which I've used in limited capacity


 
I'm posting this video which is a 15 minute, yes 15 minute, review of the Omni Cruise throttle lock. Made in the USA. An Aussie does the review. Be warned though - apart from extensive use of the great Australian adjective there is one use of another expletive when he gets a little surprise when out on the road. If you have the patience to sit out the 15 minutes, you might get a laugh out of it. This bloke is your archetypal Aussie. Ya just gotta laugh. On the other hand maybe it doesn't cross cultures. Let's see.




Cheers
For free you also get another GoPro mount idea.
 
I have a Go-Cruise 2 in black aluminum. Just like Ferret's. One thing I like about it is that I can take it on and off to use on whichever bike I am riding. Plus it didn't cost much.
 
I have a black go cruise. Not sure which model, it has the knob for tightening and loosening the lock. It's wonderful. Being able to get your hand off the grip for a bit on long rides is a huge plus.
 
I tried a Kraco (sp?), bar end knob that locks down throttle, didn't work - at all. Now using a cramp buster to rest my palm on. Since I mainly ride country roads works adequately. On a highway I'd buy something else.
 
I'm using the kaoko throttle lock on my adv bike. They're not cheap...so you may want to keep looking.
But I will say that they rapidly deploy to action in a second or two and don't vibrate itself out of grip hold. Im still on the fence w this product for the cb11 only bc it only comes in black and thus I would have to change out the other chrome bar end for another black bar end....which I don't want to do.
kaoko throttle lock
 
I took the brakeaway off my last bike before I sold it. Hoping to make it work on the cb1100. Bars were bigger on the other bike. I need to contact them to find out.
 
Capt, which model and how are you anchoring it? Pics please
 
ahh not the plastic one, but the metal one, I see. Is your thumb thingy backwards? Isn't it supposed to be on the near side of the throttle?
 
No you push it back to lock, and to release pull it forward. Also you can shut the throttle off just by closing it. It doesn't lock so tight that you can't close it in a emergency. Much easier to use than the Throttle Miester.
 
I have the Vista Cruise on my CB750. It works great and the actuator lever is right next to my thumb. Flips on and off in an instant. They specify the same model for the CB1100, but due to the difference in throttle cable positions, the actuator sits up much higher (i.e. not close to your thumb). I didn't really care for that position, but now that I think about it, the Vista Cruise on the CB11 wouldn't be that different in operation than the Go Cruise. You need to hold the throttle with one hand and flip the lever with the other.

Ideally, Vista Cruise could have come out with a version that would position the lever on the CB11 like it is on the other CBs (right next to your thumb). If they did that, I'd ditch the Go Cruise in a heartbeat and mount a Vista Cruise. They do work very well.
 
Back
Top