Need Assistance in Finding a CB1100 Deluxe or 2013 Red w/ABS

sorrentino100_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all! I've been searching on Craigslist and Cycle Trader for a CB1100. Would still like to find a 2014 Deluxe but, according to Honda in California, there are no new ones available for sale.

I searched but have only found one Deluxe in Oregon with 8000 miles for $8999 plus a few hundred dollar doc fee. Tires are probably close to having seen better days and a valve clearance check will be in order.

I really do like the look of the Deluxe much better than the Standard. The quilted seat, matching color side panels, 4-into-2 Chrome Exhaust, aluminum color engine and sprocket cover make this bike look much nicer than the Standard.

My second choice would be a 2013 Red with ABS.

So, if any members have a 2014 Deluxe for sale or know of a dealer or other private party that does, I'd appreciate if you would post and send me a PM with details. Also, if you have the same info on my second choice, the 2013 Standard Red with ABS.

One final question is do you think it would be possible to arrange financing through Honda on a private sale if I went to the original selling dealer for the bike?

Thanks!
 
Deluxes are tough to find, but if you are patient the right deal will come along eventually. Fall is typically a good time to buy bikes. Also, ABS is worth getting-I love it on my '13. Here is a nice one avaiable now:

CB1100 Forum

Don't know about a factory loan on a private sale but any bank should be able to arrange one.
 
AndyHe_imp said:
See AndyHe's first link above... Mosites Motorsports is located near Pittsburgh and they had a '13 red ABS and a '14 black standard (both new) in stock the last time I was there.
 
Thread starter
I found a used 2014 Deluxe with just a tick over 2000 miles. I'll know more tomorrow about making a deal.

Thanks for all the responses.
 
I am thinking of selling mine, has all the accessories below, but no ABS and it's in the DC area. !3k miles.
 
INTP_imp said:
I am thinking of selling mine, has all the accessories below, but no ABS and it's in the DC area. !3k miles.
Is it rude to ask why you're thinking of selling, INTP?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
INTP_imp said:
I am thinking of selling mine, has all the accessories below, but no ABS and it's in the DC area. !3k miles.
Is it rude to ask why you're thinking of selling, INTP?
Is it rude to ask why you're thinking of selling, INTP?
Lost a couple friends recently to motorcycle accidents, had a couple more that are recovering from serious accidents. My younger teenager is getting her license soon, so I would need the room and $$ to get yet another automobile.

But I am only thinking of it at this point.
 
Just got word today that the bike is mine.

I am getting the engine guards, rear rack, heated grips and 4 year warranty. The dealer will be installing the heated grips.
 
Congratulations, Pete. What model did you get?
 
Quote:Lost a couple friends recently to motorcycle accidents, had a couple more that are recovering from serious accidents...
I feel you. When that lady just about backed out of her drive into me or that guy in the 4x4 Ford truck whipped into that Trading Post parking lot as I was trying to leave and missed me only because I stopped short real quick, he was not sober, I revisit my passion for riding and then remember that this is a passion and all men die but very few live for their passions.
 
And DLXs are the most symmetrical ;)
 
I can't believe you got a 4 year warranty! That's a deal right there and I hope you never get to use it :)

My 1 year warranty ran out 2 years ago...
 
Back
Top