GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
For those who have or are interested in Honda beasts with DCT ...
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yeah, the littl' double thumper has to rev a bit more to deliver and smooth out.The ferret_imp said:GO I rode today's 52 mile ride all the way in user mode, (more aggressive than standard...between standard and sport I'd say) and it is less throbby, but of course the rpms are running about 1,000-1,500 rpms higher than standard and about a gear lower than I would normally ride. It seems to become no longer a "leisurely ride" but a more sporty ride.
I dunno. Tomorrow I'll ride in standard and see how I feel. lol
In standard mode the DCT Shifts into 2nd at 11 mph, 3rd at about 21, 4th at 31 or so, 5th at maybe 36 or 37 and 6th by maybe 45 always shifting at 3200 rpms or less. So you are riding around at 45-55 mph in 6th at less than 2500 rpms, most of the time. Probably why it feels throbby lol.redbirds_imp said:There must be a greater difference in the riding experience with the DCT as opposed to the manual. My manual feels "throbby" and underpowered but only in 6th gear at less than 65 mph. 5th is top gear for me in most circumstances. On my recent trip to Florida I did a 40 mile ride on I-75 to bypass Ocala; 85 to 90 mph was about average to stay up with traffic with one burst to 95 mph to pass a line of trucks. 6th gear worked great at these higher speeds and bike felt very smooth. Riding through Lakeland I met with some heavy traffic and multiple traffic lights that made me wish I had the DCT. Everything's a trade-off.
The OEM screen holds firmly together at 104 mph.The ferret_imp said:In standard mode the DCT Shifts into 2nd at 11 mph, 3rd at about 21, 4th at 31 or so, 5th at maybe 36 or 37 and 6th by maybe 45 always shifting at 3200 rpms or less. So you are riding around at 45-55 mph in 6th at less than 2500 rpms, most of the time. Probably why it feels throbby lol.redbirds_imp said:There must be a greater difference in the riding experience with the DCT as opposed to the manual. My manual feels "throbby" and underpowered but only in 6th gear at less than 65 mph. 5th is top gear for me in most circumstances. On my recent trip to Florida I did a 40 mile ride on I-75 to bypass Ocala; 85 to 90 mph was about average to stay up with traffic with one burst to 95 mph to pass a line of trucks. 6th gear worked great at these higher speeds and bike felt very smooth. Riding through Lakeland I met with some heavy traffic and multiple traffic lights that made me wish I had the DCT. Everything's a trade-off.
Put it in sport mode and it shifts at about 42000-4500 and you get in 6th at about 56 or 57 mph.
Btw my new Givi touring shield recommends a max speed 81 mph, lest the well nuts that mount the shield get pulled out of their mounts by wind pressure.

The OEM screen holds firmly together at 104 mph.GoldOxide_imp said:The OEM screen holds firmly together at 104 mph.The ferret_imp said:In standard mode the DCT Shifts into 2nd at 11 mph, 3rd at about 21, 4th at 31 or so, 5th at maybe 36 or 37 and 6th by maybe 45 always shifting at 3200 rpms or less. So you are riding around at 45-55 mph in 6th at less than 2500 rpms, most of the time. Probably why it feels throbby lol.redbirds_imp said:There must be a greater difference in the riding experience with the DCT as opposed to the manual. My manual feels "throbby" and underpowered but only in 6th gear at less than 65 mph. 5th is top gear for me in most circumstances. On my recent trip to Florida I did a 40 mile ride on I-75 to bypass Ocala; 85 to 90 mph was about average to stay up with traffic with one burst to 95 mph to pass a line of trucks. 6th gear worked great at these higher speeds and bike felt very smooth. Riding through Lakeland I met with some heavy traffic and multiple traffic lights that made me wish I had the DCT. Everything's a trade-off.
Put it in sport mode and it shifts at about 42000-4500 and you get in 6th at about 56 or 57 mph.
Btw my new Givi touring shield recommends a max speed 81 mph, lest the well nuts that mount the shield get pulled out of their mounts by wind pressure.![]()

In theory, if the well nuts are seated properly, then positive forward motion pressure against the head wind would just support the nuts, ... no?The ferret_imp said::rofl: I did get up to 72 the other day on the freeway (only 7 over so I was safe from the OHP) . I did a lot of staring at those wellnuts lol
Congratulations. How did Santa know?jimgl3_imp said:I just got a Givi screen for Christmas for my NC and I love it. I don't go fast enough to worry about any speed problems.
Congratulations. How did Santa know?GoldOxide_imp said:Congratulations. How did Santa know?jimgl3_imp said:I just got a Givi screen for Christmas for my NC and I love it. I don't go fast enough to worry about any speed problems.
