Bheezy27403_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Put fresh oil in last Sat. Put new Avons on Fri. Thought I should scrub them in so I headed up to a campground I frequent in the Pisgah National Forest. Rented a travel trailer and spent Monday, Tuesday and the bulk of Wednesday riding the area. Just under 600 miles. Hwy 221 from Linville falls to Blowing Rock should not be missed. Tons of good riding up there, BRP included. Was a bit chilly but I waited til about 10-1030 to head out so it wasn't too bad.
On my journey there I took Hwy 67 out of Winston to 268 out of Elkin to avoid 40. Enjoyable riding. As i got to the forest I had mapped a few great looking, curvy roads through the forest to the parkway. Turns out they were, for the most part, GRAVEL! Went over 2 mountains on single lane, unkempt roads. The CB didn't miss a beat. Was a little harrowing however.
All in all was a great time and I learned to appreciate the CB just a little more.
On my journey there I took Hwy 67 out of Winston to 268 out of Elkin to avoid 40. Enjoyable riding. As i got to the forest I had mapped a few great looking, curvy roads through the forest to the parkway. Turns out they were, for the most part, GRAVEL! Went over 2 mountains on single lane, unkempt roads. The CB didn't miss a beat. Was a little harrowing however.
All in all was a great time and I learned to appreciate the CB just a little more.