Navigation Sunglasses

Gone in 60_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
If I can get a pocket-protector and slide-rule, I'm in!
Don't forget a short-sleeve dress shirt and a thin tie.
Don't forget a short-sleeve dress shirt and a thin tie.
and black rimmed glasses
 
3rd_Gear_Steve_imp said:
Whoops, guilty of not reading to the bottom. I’d like to see an image of what the projected map actually looks like on the glass, instead of a render. Still, if they can successfully manufacture them, these look like a handy toy for anyone who navigates through cities a lot.



 
Haha I’m starting to think you work for these people! =P genuinely, that’s pretty cool. I don’t see it being worth $500 to me, but I would have been all over it 10 years ago when I rode everywhere in a city.
 
Never mind all the tech aspects….Would you/could you wear them inside your full helmet? Would it be more comfortable to go to an open face? What if you have a self darkening visor like I do on a couple of helmets. Will it be too dark if using both visor and glasses?

I’m very particular about which glasses I wear. The only ones I can stand to wear for long periods that have the lenses I prefer are Julbo’s.
 
Frulk_imp said:
Never mind all the tech aspects….Would you/could you wear them inside your full helmet? Would it be more comfortable to go to an open face? What if you have a self darkening visor like I do on a couple of helmets. Will it be too dark if using both visor and glasses?

I’m very particular about which glasses I wear. The only ones I can stand to wear for long periods that have the lenses I prefer are Julbo’s.
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/04...p;q=92&s=4df2701f8a294229b5e17deffc3573ce

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/04...p;q=92&s=0fbc0bf87f0d2ff193d4a5fedc8627cd

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/04...s=true&s=b70f5a81914f2085207af5784d861691

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/04...p;q=92&s=faad9a91f39de393a95526b207212462
 
There could be a chance after the first year of use, the companion app might be subscription-based.



... or perhaps any new features must be paid for.

One example that comes to mind: Incorporate traffic statistics into the map routing.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
There could be a chance after the first year of use, the companion app might be subscription-based.



... or perhaps any new features must be paid for.

One example that comes to mind: Incorporate traffic statistics into the map routing.
Looks like after the first year of app usage, the subscription commences at $1.90 U.S. per month.
 
how does it know where you want to go? I wouldn't have wanted to take that last left turn lol
 
Thread starter
Maybe that's where they're going to build the factory.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Maybe that's where they're going to build the factory.
:rofl:


The ferret_imp said:
how does it know where you want to go? I wouldn't have wanted to take that last left turn lol
The rider punches in their destination into a mobile app and over the Bluetooth communication link it instructs the eyewear device to update the LED-driver object to emit a refreshed image. I assume the brighter green graphic path is the route.
 
Back
Top