Navigation Sunglasses

Yeah, that is cool stuff, Gone.

Years of other crowd funding opportunities have finally evolved into this nicest package I have seen yet.

As with most crowd funding tech projects, this looks super sexy. Asked of others before it, will this project deliver?

It is still interesting and the most practical-looking promises.
 
Thread starter
I have a Brake Free helmet brake light that was once a crowd-funded product. Not all of things are smoke and mirrors…
 
How does it work? I put my $300 down and if they get enough orders I get my glasses? It looks like they met their minimum and more, correct?
 
I am tempted to start a poll, asking how many of you/us might
- buy it
- try it
- try it, if it was free
- can't wait for it
- would never touch it ???

ROFL
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I have a Brake Free helmet brake light that was once a crowd-funded product. Not all of things are smoke and mirrors…
^^ +1 ^^ and very happy with it.
Travels between my two helmets.
 
pdedse_imp said:
How does it work? I put my $300 down and if they get enough orders I get my glasses? It looks like they met their minimum and more, correct?
There are no assurances. A fair percentage of high tech crowd funded projects fail to deliver. So beware. Some return a fraction of the money, most none.

The Gecko_imp said:
I am tempted to start a poll, asking how many of you/us might
- buy it
- try it
- try it, if it was free
- can't wait for it
- would never touch it ???

ROFL
I am considering it Gecko. Need more time to assess the project risk. Example: If the U.S. goes into an economic "war" with China, will you see it by summer 2024? (most likely fall 2024 even if no conflict).
 
I wear prescription glasses so I don't think this would work for me, plus I don't use a GPS often enough to justify it and can just use google maps blue toothed to my ear thru my Scala Freecom 4 if needed for turn by turn directions.

So put me down in the Nope column Gecko.
 
The main issue I see here is the fact that they are sunglasses. I’d be game for a heads-up display if it were built into a (good) helmet, but I’m surely not the only rider who wears prescription glasses.
 
I can't understand why they think anyone wants to read messages while riding, that is just asking for it.
 
Tev62_imp said:
I can't understand why they think anyone wants to read messages while riding, that is just asking for it.
... agreed. I'd just turn that option off.

I like the option to enhance to "map view" at a push of button.

This is where Beeline Moto is weak and you can over and underrun a turn in a complex intersection.

I wonder if Blucap will integrate traffic conditions into its routing? This is another weakness in Beeline Moto.
 
Thread starter
If you look, they aren't just sunglasses, looks like there's a snazzy little button that pops off the tinted lenses, and the clear lenses are underneath, and prescription lenses look like a possibility too.

The messages? Yeah, I'd want the option to not have those flash on the lens. All I need... coming home from work, and Mrs. G texts "I'm going to be late, there's chicken in the fridge, take it out and maybe turn on the air fryer..."

If it only works with their proprietary mapping app, I wonder how adaptive it is. I don't get out and visit customers much anymore with my current role, so don't need navigation on a daily basis. But, when I go to the museum on weekends, I use Waze, as it will suggest re-routes if the freeway I'm on is blocked up ahead.
 
Thread starter
Dug through their website a bit more intensely just now, after a few cups of coffee.
First of all, if you want to know what Downtown L.A. looks like early on a Sunday morning, watch their demo videos. I'm assuming that's when they filmed, riding around the Disney Music Hall and Pershing Square. There's no traffic, and the homeless wouldn't be stirring yet.

Also, in their order information, it says "Estimated delivery June 2024".

Hmm... that's a ways off. Does show they have 157 takers so far.
 
Thread starter
Nachodaddy_imp said:
If I can get a pocket-protector and slide-rule, I'm in!
Don't forget a short-sleeve dress shirt and a thin tie.
 
Whoops, guilty of not reading to the bottom. I’d like to see an image of what the projected map actually looks like on the glass, instead of a render. Still, if they can successfully manufacture them, these look like a handy toy for anyone who navigates through cities a lot.
 
Back
Top