sanoke_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Happy Trails!
sanoke
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It's great! There is absolutely no buffeting and the still air pocket is from just below the top of my helmet all the way down to below my knees. Best part is that there is absolutely no airflow over my hands. I was going to install heated grips but now I'm not sure that I will need them. I actually bought the windshield about 7 years ago and used it on my 1981 Yamaha XS850 Triple. Sold the bike a couple years ago and kept the windshield. On a whim, I thought I'd give it a try. Fits like it was designed for the CB1100 and works even better.Gypped_imp said:How is the wind coverage on that? I assume it blocks a lot, but does it cause any odd buffetting? I was thinking about getting on for this winter since the fly screen ain't really cutting it at night.
Just the picture. There is plenty of adjustment on the mounts and everything clears nicely.Flynrider_imp said:Hey that's a Plexi 3! I've got one for my 750. I didn't think they'd fit on the CB1100 since Nat. Cycle didn't include it on their fitment page. Were there any installation issues? When eyeballing it, I was thinking there might be some interference with the front turn signals. Are your signals right up against the shield, or is that just the picture?
No issues with the handling and I've had it up to about 85mph so far. Just got the bike a couple days ago so I don't know what the gas mileage should be. I'm getting about 55 mpg on the highway with the shield.The Spaceman_imp said:Holy crap that's a lot of plastic to push along. What does it do to the handling at speed? Do you get better or worse mileage?
Mine is the original Plexifaring, not the 2 or 3. Judging by the pictures, the Plexifaring 3 is very similar. They list it for the XS850 like my original so I imagine it would work fine. Don't need ear plugs at all but then again, I'm an old fart and after years of abuse, my hearing isn't quite what it used to be.Lambotte_imp said:So is this particular shield still for sale? I have visions of gearing the bike for a long tour and this would seem to be the final piece needed.
Kevin
Honda CB1100
Honda CBR500R
Yes, still available at $229. Do you need ear plugs or is it a quiet air pocket?
Thanks for posting the pic.
Yes it is. No longer have the Shadow. After putting 100,000 miles on it I sold it to a local guy that just wanted something for around town. I still have the V-strom (95,000 miles) and the Maxim 550 has something over 122,000 miles. I got the CB1100 to replace the Maxim as it's starting to use a bit of oil. Really do like the CB1100 a lot!Ole_imp said:Is this the same Sanoke who used to post all the great Colorado pics over on the Honda Shadow Forum?We loved your pics.
BTW I traded a perfectly good Shadow Phantom on this here new CB1100 last November when all I had seen of this new bike was a pic on the interwebz
Ya, me too. I did not know right away after purchase if this CB11 was a keeper. But now that I have 3100 miles on it I can safely say that yes it is a keeper.sanoke_imp said:Yes it is. No longer have the Shadow. After putting 100,000 miles on it I sold it to a local guy that just wanted something for around town. I still have the V-strom (95,000 miles) and the Maxim 550 has something over 122,000 miles. I got the CB1100 to replace the Maxim as it's starting to use a bit of oil. Really do like the CB1100 a lot!Ole_imp said:Is this the same Sanoke who used to post all the great Colorado pics over on the Honda Shadow Forum?We loved your pics.
BTW I traded a perfectly good Shadow Phantom on this here new CB1100 last November when all I had seen of this new bike was a pic on the interwebz