Nantucket Nine

Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Dang where is that quote where ACK said he was done farklin and spending money on this bike?

Seat looks good Ack. Comfy inside eh? Sorry bud. Last day of March. got out for 151 miles today. A little windy, but sunny and near 70. You will see days like that too..you know those 3 days in August lol

Did you get more snow?
I think there's more then 1 in here?

12 weekends in a row for snow.
 
Man that stinks. Is that normal for you? We've had a mild one this year. Basically 3 weeks of snow. Of the first 90 days of the year I have ridden 50 of them.
 
Thread starter
Stock shock is back in. I want my high pipe back on and the Ohlins was to close IMHO. Sold the Ohlins and a Penske replacement should be here next week. I worked with the PA shop, nice people and great service. Talking to the factory direct makes me more comfortable. During my shock sale I learned the middleman I ordered it from put a spring on 40lbs heavier then I ordered? Help with the sale though, 215 seems a more popular weight.



[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/shock001.jpg.html]

[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/8983PB_zpsfwx8s6k5.jpg.html]
 
" I'm done spending money" now where did I hear that? Lol

Cool looking shock Ack!

Oh yea, 40# heavier spring? That had to be a lot stiffer than you wanted.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
" I'm done spending money" now where did I hear that? Lol

Cool looking shock Ack!

Oh yea, 40# heavier spring? That had to be a lot stiffer than you wanted.
It sure didn't feel like it was to stiff. It was so smooth, with the stock one back the difference is huge. Can't wait for the Penske. Sadly I could only get a dark blue spring, I think they use HyperPro.

The ferret_imp said:
" I'm done spending money" now where did I hear that? Lol

Cool looking shock Ack!

Oh yea, 40# heavier spring? That had to be a lot stiffer than you wanted.
I also sold the Ti colored muffler for the new black one Akra makes now.............

Now this HAS to be it!! :D:D:D
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
" I'm done spending money" now where did I hear that? Lol

Cool looking shock Ack!

Oh yea, 40# heavier spring? That had to be a lot stiffer than you wanted.
It sure didn't feel like it was to stiff. It was so smooth, with the stock one back the difference is huge. Can't wait for the Penske. Sadly I could only get a dark blue spring, I think they use HyperPro.

The ferret_imp said:
" I'm done spending money" now where did I hear that? Lol

Cool looking shock Ack!

Oh yea, 40# heavier spring? That had to be a lot stiffer than you wanted.
I also sold the Ti colored muffler for the new black one Akra makes now.............

Now this HAS to be it!! :D:D:D
It sure didn't feel like it was to stiff. It was so smooth, with the stock one back the difference is huge. Can't wait for the Penske. Sadly I could only get a dark blue spring, I think they use HyperPro.

The ferret_imp said:
" I'm done spending money" now where did I hear that? Lol

Cool looking shock Ack!

Oh yea, 40# heavier spring? That had to be a lot stiffer than you wanted.
I also sold the Ti colored muffler for the new black one Akra makes now.............

Now this HAS to be it!! :D:D:D
You think so, I already have two on the list, screen and Laam seat. where does it end:P
 
I had a 650 pound spring on my FZ-1 when what I wanted was really a 600# spring. I bought the shock and spring used off a FZ forum member that weighed about 40# more than me and thought only 50# diff, no big deal. But it was sooo stiff.
 
That's a large finishing nail, glad it didn't puncture the tire. couldn't have stuck in the knobby:s Chicken strips are part of being on Nantucket.
 
Yep Ack, I have never seen a dirt bike with ABS:) We'll I have also not run dirt in 30 years. So, that's a new shock and can this week:thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
Yep Ack, I have never seen a dirt bike with ABS:) We'll I have also not run dirt in 30 years. So, that's a new shock and can this week:thumbsup:
It's much much improved, no more 100ft stops!!!
Most "Adventure" bikes have a switch to disable it. I've always had at least 1 off roader my whole "dirty" life.

CIP57_imp said:
Yep Ack, I have never seen a dirt bike with ABS:) We'll I have also not run dirt in 30 years. So, that's a new shock and can this week:thumbsup:
Not at all, here's my logic.... Since these are replacements for the replacements, they don't count. :D :clap:

This one doesn't count either being a safety item. It's a Neotec which is an updated Multitec. I've had Multi since 2006 and thru 4 bikes.


[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/001_zpsztmmtcsl.jpg.html]
Matches nice too....
 
Ack, I heard a rumour that the telephones don't work on the island because the tech is too busy farkling to sort the problems? Is that right?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Ack, I heard a rumour that the telephones don't work on the island because the tech is too busy farkling to sort the problems? Is that right?
No, I run a tight ship out here. Plus I'm never more then 7 miles away, what can happen? :biker:
If this wasn't a tiny island I would have never got this job, I was the only one that took the offer. I wish I researched this place more but my old job was a nightmare.

Have a great time next weekend, your going to love the riding.
 
Thanks, Ack. I'm sure I'll enjoy the riding, your country and the camaraderie. I'm sorry you won't be there on the much farkled Beemer. :D
 
Back
Top