Nantucket Nine

Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
I'm thinking I'd go for a Kawasaki DRZ if I lived on Nantucket.
I'm just drawn to my motor and drivetrain. I like the low-end power and love no chain. I've ridden a DRZ here, more fun off then on.
I'm still getting use to these tires on the street, but this thing handles great. I'll be back to CB speeds by the weekend. :D
 
Thread starter
Just got caught in the rain AGAIN!! Tried to get an early ride in :huh:
I think the knobbies are catching most peoples eyes, I've yet to find 1 person who's seen the TV ad.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Just got caught in the rain AGAIN!! Tried to get an early ride in :huh:
I think the knobbies are catching most peoples eyes, I've yet to find 1 person who's seen the TV ad.
Is that the one where the studly guy rides his ArrrrghNinety through town and pulls up in front of the bar? Then he and the super-hot bartendress make goo-goo eyes at his bike?

I'm pretty sure the bartender boinks him because he has an AreNineTee. It's the only plausible outcome of the scenario presented. Unless he has a few drinks, starts to ride home, gets pulled over in a DUI roadblock, goes to jail and has to bail out, gets his bike confiscated, then hires an attorney, spends $10,000 on fees and fines, and pays 10X the standard insurance rates for the next 5 years...
 
Thread starter
That's the one, I see both the BMW ads all the time.
On the TV ad they fail to mention the 6 month wait?
I just spotted an R9T on last nights, "What's in the Barn" show.

BMW: Bikes Made Weird
 
Thread starter
1 week in and hit 300 miles today.
Havin' a great time. Doing about 50/50 on/off. Have been finding all kinds of dead-end roads that really don't end, they just change to dirt and sand. No problem now, alot more riding :D

Dislikes to report:
No fuel gauge-Reserve light comes on and counts miles run on reserve.
No temp gauge
That's about it, like with the CB display I'm sure they'll add them next year.

Getting 42 MPG so far, has that in the display? With avg trip speed and a live MPG reading. It does have a gear indicator, speedo and tach.

Bike Report = Thumbs Up
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Just got caught in the rain AGAIN!! Tried to get an early ride in :huh:
I think the knobbies are catching most peoples eyes, I've yet to find 1 person who's seen the TV ad.
Is that the one where the studly guy rides his ArrrrghNinety through town and pulls up in front of the bar? Then he and the super-hot bartendress make goo-goo eyes at his bike?

I'm pretty sure the bartender boinks him because he has an AreNineTee. It's the only plausible outcome of the scenario presented. Unless he has a few drinks, starts to ride home, gets pulled over in a DUI roadblock, goes to jail and has to bail out, gets his bike confiscated, then hires an attorney, spends $10,000 on fees and fines, and pays 10X the standard insurance rates for the next 5 years...
:rofl: that made me laugh. In my county that is the most plausible scenario. They give out yellow and red license plates for dui offenders here.. The Scarlet A. They are everywhere!
 
Ferret,

Spaceman writes the truth doesn't he? Thats life if the U.S. nowadays. Be it bike or car.

I never heard of the different color tags before. I guess they like to really embarrass people. The Scarlet letter on our heads will be next :)
 
The ferret_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Just got caught in the rain AGAIN!! Tried to get an early ride in :huh:
I think the knobbies are catching most peoples eyes, I've yet to find 1 person who's seen the TV ad.
Is that the one where the studly guy rides his ArrrrghNinety through town and pulls up in front of the bar? Then he and the super-hot bartendress make goo-goo eyes at his bike?

I'm pretty sure the bartender boinks him because he has an AreNineTee. It's the only plausible outcome of the scenario presented. Unless he has a few drinks, starts to ride home, gets pulled over in a DUI roadblock, goes to jail and has to bail out, gets his bike confiscated, then hires an attorney, spends $10,000 on fees and fines, and pays 10X the standard insurance rates for the next 5 years...
:rofl: that made me laugh. In my county that is the most plausible scenario. They give out yellow and red license plates for dui offenders here.. The Scarlet A. They are everywhere!
Wow, really? That's harsh, and I doubt it's a deterrent. Just vindictive and mean.

Of course there are no license plates, fines, etc. for the thousands of old farts driving around whacked out of their minds on Oxycotin, and whatever other drugs their "physician" (drug dealer) has prescribed them. Skynyrd's "You been arrested for drivin' while blind" has a completely different meaning here: they're literally blind.
 
Thread starter
Pleased to announce I've begun the second and final, last one, no more work, no more money, just riding from here on..........upgrade.
I boxed up my UCU for Bren Tune a BMW tuner for a re-map.
Lots of maps since the motors been out for 3 years.
I'm getting a tune for an all stock on 93 octane. They have maps for 3 octane choices, pipe w/ or w/o cat, slip-on, air filter, track or street.....and more.
The place is in central Mass, should be back by Tues.
The UCU was right under the seat, 2 clips 1 plug. Out in 5 minutes.

Good results for my set-up with cat:


Update:
Simple? The body control ECU is right under the seat?
Sent the wrong comupter, knew I should have waited for the manual. This one is burried like the CB but my tank isn't so easy to remove. Project off until the winter or they have a flash unit for a grand?
 
Thread starter
Stock lasted almost 6 weeks........
The ECU this time, not the BCU, is out and being remapped. I also have an Akrapovic high-pipe coming.

What a mess..........
 
How close is that to the engine in the 2014 R1200RT which I think gets 125HP?
Oh yeah....and kinda funny you sent in the wrong computer :-)
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
How close is that to the engine in the 2014 R1200RT which I think gets 125HP?
Oh yeah....and kinda funny you sent in the wrong computer :-)
The 14's are liquid cooled now, this is the same as the 13 RT's 110 hp.

High-pipe
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
What's a UCU? Untervasser Controllen MitgeUniten?
It's internet slang for 'You cow, you'. Used in vulgar parlance when a part refuses to come off a bike easily.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
What's a UCU? Untervasser Controllen MitgeUniten?
It's internet slang for 'You cow, you'. Used in vulgar parlance when a part refuses to come off a bike easily.
It's internet slang for 'You cow, you'. Used in vulgar parlance when a part refuses to come off a bike easily. No, just a typo. Please put ECU ipo UCU. ipo=in place of :D

Those crazy Germans just had to get a Bosch unit on the bike somewhere. That's a mini-bosch alternator with a belt under the front cover to the crank. It's all changed this year, they have somewhat moderized this motor for the other models. That round thing up top is the ABS controller.
 
The ferret_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Just got caught in the rain AGAIN!! Tried to get an early ride in :huh:
I think the knobbies are catching most peoples eyes, I've yet to find 1 person who's seen the TV ad.
Is that the one where the studly guy rides his ArrrrghNinety through town and pulls up in front of the bar? Then he and the super-hot bartendress make goo-goo eyes at his bike?

I'm pretty sure the bartender boinks him because he has an AreNineTee. It's the only plausible outcome of the scenario presented. Unless he has a few drinks, starts to ride home, gets pulled over in a DUI roadblock, goes to jail and has to bail out, gets his bike confiscated, then hires an attorney, spends $10,000 on fees and fines, and pays 10X the standard insurance rates for the next 5 years...
:rofl: that made me laugh. In my county that is the most plausible scenario. They give out yellow and red license plates for dui offenders here.. The Scarlet A. They are everywhere!
I think that's a great idea. Along with the DUI interlock ignition where you have to blow into it to start the car.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Just got caught in the rain AGAIN!! Tried to get an early ride in :huh:
I think the knobbies are catching most peoples eyes, I've yet to find 1 person who's seen the TV ad.
Is that the one where the studly guy rides his ArrrrghNinety through town and pulls up in front of the bar? Then he and the super-hot bartendress make goo-goo eyes at his bike?

I'm pretty sure the bartender boinks him because he has an AreNineTee. It's the only plausible outcome of the scenario presented. Unless he has a few drinks, starts to ride home, gets pulled over in a DUI roadblock, goes to jail and has to bail out, gets his bike confiscated, then hires an attorney, spends $10,000 on fees and fines, and pays 10X the standard insurance rates for the next 5 years...
:rofl: that made me laugh. In my county that is the most plausible scenario. They give out yellow and red license plates for dui offenders here.. The Scarlet A. They are everywhere!
I think that's a great idea. Along with the DUI interlock ignition where you have to blow into it to start the car.
I think that's a great idea. Along with the DUI interlock ignition where you have to blow into it to start the car.
An interesting comment given your sig line.
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
What's a UCU? Untervasser Controllen MitgeUniten?
It's internet slang for 'You cow, you'. Used in vulgar parlance when a part refuses to come off a bike easily.
It's internet slang for 'You cow, you'. Used in vulgar parlance when a part refuses to come off a bike easily. No, just a typo. Please put ECU ipo UCU. ipo=in place of :D

Those crazy Germans just had to get a Bosch unit on the bike somewhere. That's a mini-bosch alternator with a belt under the front cover to the crank. It's all changed this year, they have somewhat moderized this motor for the other models. That round thing up top is the ABS controller.

It's internet slang for 'You cow, you'. Used in vulgar parlance when a part refuses to come off a bike easily. No, just a typo. Please put ECU ipo UCU. ipo=in place of :D

Those crazy Germans just had to get a Bosch unit on the bike somewhere. That's a mini-bosch alternator with a belt under the front cover to the crank. It's all changed this year, they have somewhat moderized this motor for the other models. That round thing up top is the ABS controller.
[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/R9T001-1.jpg.html]
Where's the a/c compressor mounted?
 
Back
Top