Name that part

R748_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Ok you quiz masters, i'd appreciate a little help.

First person to correctly tell me what this item is wins the winner-of-the-day award.

It's the small black box with dial on it connected to black cables (haven't traced them yet to find out where they go).

My bike came with a 4-4 system already fitted and retains the o2 sensors (eg they haven't been bypassed).

I suspect it's something to do with fuelling but not sure what. Doesn't look like any sort of tuner (EJK/PC etc) I've seen in the past.

Any ideas?
Forgot to say... the dial turns about 270 degrees and there are no markings on it (not even a manufacturer or serial number).
 
It's the volume knob for the sound system. You just have to find the 3.5mm plug to connect to your phone.

It's OK. Don't thank me. :cool:
 
Phase angle adjust for the dilithium crystal chamber. You didn't turn it did you?
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the useful replies team.

As unlikely as it seems we still don't have a winner however, i have since been informed (thanks to an anonymous board member) that it is in fact linked to the flux-capacitor and needs careful tuning to avoid damage to the pitot tube.

Great to share the collective wisdom of the forum.

:thanks: :worship:
 
That's the battery rheostat I believe.
 
The ferret_imp said:
That's the battery rheostat I believe.
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's the battery rheostat I believe.
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
:rofl: I think you are missing the point of this thread. If you don"t KNOW what it is... make up something ridiculous

Wait... I see you aready played ...seat vibrator/coin slot? Bwahhahha I remember those beds when I was a kid on vacation with my parents
 
The ferret_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's the battery rheostat I believe.
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
:rofl: I think you are missing the point of this thread. If you don"t KNOW what it is... make up something ridiculous

Wait... I see you aready played ...seat vibrator/coin slot? Bwahhahha I remember those beds when I was a kid on vacation with my parents
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
:rofl: I think you are missing the point of this thread. If you don"t KNOW what it is... make up something ridiculous

Wait... I see you aready played ...seat vibrator/coin slot? Bwahhahha I remember those beds when I was a kid on vacation with my parents Sorry, thought you were being serious. Not all that many know what a rheostat is.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's the battery rheostat I believe.
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
:rofl: I think you are missing the point of this thread. If you don"t KNOW what it is... make up something ridiculous

Wait... I see you aready played ...seat vibrator/coin slot? Bwahhahha I remember those beds when I was a kid on vacation with my parents
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
:rofl: I think you are missing the point of this thread. If you don"t KNOW what it is... make up something ridiculous

Wait... I see you aready played ...seat vibrator/coin slot? Bwahhahha I remember those beds when I was a kid on vacation with my parents Sorry, thought you were being serious. Not all that many know what a rheostat is.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Ferret, why would you need a rheostat on the battery? Maybe some accessory requires less that 12 class volts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
:rofl: I think you are missing the point of this thread. If you don"t KNOW what it is... make up something ridiculous

Wait... I see you aready played ...seat vibrator/coin slot? Bwahhahha I remember those beds when I was a kid on vacation with my parents Sorry, thought you were being serious. Not all that many know what a rheostat is.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk Turn up the temperature....oh wait...that's a thermostat. :rofl:
 
That's an 'IdiotCommanderV5' ... just turn the knob in a clockwise direction when you require more 'idiots' on the road. You could also purchase the optional 'AutoIdiot' which scans your immediate surrounds and automatically adjusts the number of 'idiots' to maintain a near perfect ratio for every throttle position.
 
Thread starter
While everyone is googling what on earth a rheostat is I thought i'd pop off the side panel and find out where it is attached....



You can see the white coloured connectors - 2 of them - this is where it connects.

It seems it's not related to the flux capacitor or ejector seat after all.

Can someone tell me (and show a pic) what is normally connected to these white bits?

:clap:
 
curlyjoe, does that mean the precious owner removed something? Why two plugs?
 
Back
Top