My Red Heads

You are indeed a lucky man... a forgiving wife and not 1, but 2 redheads on the side. Lucky Lucky Lucky
 
Lovely redheads. The CBX is a fine looking machine. Love that rear-end symmetry!
 
Incredible view from the rear of the CBX.

In reading about the development of the CB1100, it was said that engineers designed the tank to allow the rider to see the engine from the seating position.

Not a problem on the CBX.

Yeah, I'd mortgage the house if Honda reintroduced the CBX.
 
I've thought I'd like to own a CBX for years, but have never ridden one. Six-cylinder engines make a beautiful sound don't they? Spin them up and they sound like a Ferrari or some other automotive exotica. In addion to my CB1100, I have a BMW K1600 & the 6-banger engine is just a tremendous performer. Wish I could see more of it like your lovely CBX - a mechanical work of art.

~ The Bee
 
Elipten_imp said:
I never realized how much the tank on the CB1100 loos like the CBX


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I remember thinking that when I first saw the CB1100 and now seeing them together confirms it. Beautiful machines all! :thumbsup:
 
Awesome, I have a couple of good friends that had CBX's back when they were new. I had the privilege of riding a red one just like yours. I still remember to this day that was an awesome ride. I would love to have one now.

You sir, are indeed a lucky man. :thumbsup:
 
1979 Honda CBX and 2013 CB1100 are both painted that beautiful Candy Glory Red. I owned a CBX and it was a sexy machine. Scary handling made me sell it. But it sure did wail on a straight line like nothing else!
 
736cc_imp said:
1979 Honda CBX and 2013 CB1100 are both painted that beautiful Candy Glory Red. I owned a CBX and it was a sexy machine. Scary handling made me sell it. But it sure did wail on a straight line like nothing else!
As I recall, replacing the swing arm bearings or the entire swing arm with an aftermarket item was a popular fix for the poor handling of the early CBX.

~ The Bee
 
The shape of the tank and side covers absolutely share some DNA with the CBX. Side covers on the CBX have some vents, but they have the same shape.
 
davidsargee_imp said:
The shape of the tank and side covers absolutely share some DNA with the CBX. Side covers on the CBX have some vents, but they have the same shape.

Front fender, wheels, piece of aluminum that the foot pegs are mounted on, air filter box, no fork boots, rear shocks....what else??
 
Back
Top