My perfect day

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
Yesterday, I heard the purr of my white CB so I took her out for a 521kms/323 mile ride to Tobermory, ON.
I love this route/region, and been there multiple times, by bike and car.

https://www.google.ca/search?source=univ...66&bih=657

[url=https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Brampton,+ON/Tobermory,+ON/@44.4846407,-81.8334288,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x882b15eaa5d05abf:0x352d31667cc38677!2m2!1d-79.7624177!2d43.7315479!1m5!1m1!1s0x4d2d0ba9fb4f9461:0x3b2e70b0e46a3526!2m2!1d-81.6645411!2d45.2533625]https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Brampton,+ON/Tobermory,+ON/@44.4846407,-81.8334288,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x882b15eaa5d05abf:0x352d31667cc38677!2m2!1d-79.7624177!2d43.7315479!1m5!1m1!1s0x4d2d0ba9fb4f9461:0x3b2e70b0e46a3526!2m2!1d-81.6645411!2d45.2533625


d95113726d025bec70cae14874a6bd0a.jpg


Weather was so perfect; warm, sunny, minimal wind/traffic and new pavement for almost half a distance.

Gassed her up on a side stand and I rode cruising 80-100 kms/h, just under 2900rpm/min, mostly in 6th, so fuel consumption was minimal.
I just couldn't believe, I made my round trip/521 kms with one tank ( I have DLX/Japanese EX size of about 17-18 L). My previous record was 495 kms.
If I did fill up while on centre stand, I would assume, I could hit 550 kms under these circumstances....and this is my new challenge possible this Friday.
Normally, freeway rides at a higher speed will let me make slightly over 300 kms.

7e3f5efec4a8e47748c7dbdb73f92fcd.jpg


aed345bf7951fb7e4f78b7e665914e8e.jpg


When I came back home, there were two surprises at the door step, both for my DLX, front fender extender and side stand enlarger, professionally made for CB1100.

8c6687c64b1787dc5b5b3a63386d7899.jpg

:biker:
 
That is a good day!

Just a note on the fender extender - I attached mine with 3M grey mounting tape, and didn't drill my fender for additional screws or whatever they recommended. Has held just fine ever since.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
That is a good day!

Just a note on the fender extender - I attached mine with 3M grey mounting tape, and didn't drill my fender for additional screws or whatever they recommended. Has held just fine ever since.
No drilling at all.
For my '13 & '14, I used epoxy, so will repet it again for my DLX.
:beerchug:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
That is a good day!

Just a note on the fender extender - I attached mine with 3M grey mounting tape, and didn't drill my fender for additional screws or whatever they recommended. Has held just fine ever since.
No drilling at all.
For my '13 & '14, I used epoxy, so will repet it again for my DLX.
:beerchug:
No drilling at all.
For my '13 & '14, I used epoxy, so will repet it again for my DLX.
:beerchug:
I used marine grade JB Weld. I did the same on my '02 900F and it has never moved in nearly 20 years. This is a great mod to help keep crap off the engine.
That "foot" looks interesting. Tell us more about it.
Nice ride too.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That is a good day!

Just a note on the fender extender - I attached mine with 3M grey mounting tape, and didn't drill my fender for additional screws or whatever they recommended. Has held just fine ever since.
I put one of these babies on the 2018 Honda NC750X. Meh, ... it helped maybe by reducing the chaos by half. But 3M grey VHB is the best choice.
 
That's awesome PB

Wow... 323 miles on 4.55 gals of gas is over 70 mpg, that's awesome.

I once got 78 mpg (164 mi on 2.1 gals) while riding in the Rockies with Longranger and Offroad
 
Thread starter
Honda online parts catalog lists side stands as follows:

2013 AC & A-AC - s/stand P/N 50530-MGC-000

4f695af228e8ad9c5af8ce57b6f4a7a0.jpg

2014 AC & SA AC - s/stand P/N 50530-MGC-315 - ^^this is - DI-SSE-HO-08-T^^ the one I bought and it did not fit my '13 modal, as the s/stand platform is larger than '14 .
The last letter stands for colour: T-titanium, B-black, G-gold.
Also I believe that '13 s/stand is 1/2-3/4" longer.

2017 CA AC & NA AC s/stand P/N 50530-MGC-JB1

Make your own decision prior ordering.
 
Back
Top