My new Italian girlfriend

EGAlvarez_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I've sold three bikes including my CB in the past few months. I have decided keep my trusty BMW GS; especially since I have her exactly the way I want her and she does anything I need. This left me with a huge piece of vacant concrete in the garage. Just for fun, I went snooping around online and in a local showroom during my lunch break last Tuesday and saw this gorgeous bike during my lunch break! I went home and watched every YouTube video I could find regarding this bike. The next morning, I placed a deposit on her. I pick her up tomorrow after work!

She's enormous weighing in at 750 pounds, she has gorgeous art deco styling, huge radial ABS brakes, longitudinal crank shaft, three traction control modes (rain, touring, sport), heated grips, security system, a bunch of LED lights, and shaft drive! Looks like a comfy place to spend a day!

My Moto Guzzi California Tourer:



 
That's quite a beast, EGA. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll enjoy her and we'll look forward to reading a ride report.
 
No way I'm giving up my CB for that barge


J/k Eddie. MG's are cool. MY brother had a 73 850 Eldorado we loved, and he recently test rode a 2015 Eldorado and liked it a lot too.I'd love to ride a Norge but am afraid I would like it too much lol. We recently got a new Guzzi dealer about 35 miles from here. We hadn't had a dealer since the mid 70s. Since then the closest dealer has been 250 miles away.
 
What a beaut EG. Not really very heavy for it's class as the ST1300 weighs nearly as much. Bet you'll be on this one a lot.:thumbsup:
 
I prefer the white ones. A buddy has a black one and says it is the best long distance touring bike he has ever had and he's been riding since the 1960's.

The only some what common failure mode, screws on the exhaust cover fall out. Something to keep an eye on.

I've been eyeing one (as well as an Indian) but unsure I want to go heavier. sigh You may want to check out the wildguzzi forum.
 
Sweet! I was parked up for a snack the other day and an identical one pulled in and I had a nice chat with the owner...he was very enthusiastic about it's touring capabilities, and it sounded great with the accessory exhaust. And a stunning, voluptuous Italian beauty she is! Congrats.
 
Good for you for bringing her home. I can wholeheartedly say that those are the best-looking baggers on the road. :cool::celebrate:

I've "read" that taller riders (I'm 6'2") wish for a little more roominess. Don't know if that is true, and I can't afford to find out. My garage is full, and I'm still in the GS part of my riding. Did a great loop around Mt St Helens on Sunday.

There are very few bikes that I just can't demo because I already know it would be coming home with me. Yours is one.

ENJOY!!
 
Just rode over to my local Guzzi dealers for a look around. They didn't have any of that model but they had 3 Eldorados, a slew of V7's and 2 Roamers.
 
Thread starter
The Italian cruise ship has moored in Chester, VA. Sweet Jesus this thing is HUGE and HEAVY! It feels like you are pushing a GS around the driveway with a rider still in the saddle...with flat tires! I now understand the anxiety that small women feel about dropping their GS's. Unloading it out of my truck was very stressful! Not something I ever hope to do again!
I took it for a quick spin and am very pleased with the power, riding position, the lights and the transmission. It's very smooth once underway and zero turbulence. I could easily see a dawn to dusk ride on this bike. This bike has some seriously long legs. It didn't want to be shifted into third until around 45 mph. I imagine 70 mph in 6th must be a great place to spend the day! Can't wait!



 
Lol congrats Eddie. Your first paragraph cracked me up.

I hope you get many many safe and happy miles on your Italian beauty.
 
Make sure you stay on top with this one, Eddie. :D
 
This Guzzi is far more handsome in person than photos can show. This one was outside Mud Cat Charlie's restaurant in Darien, GA last July. It looked gorgeous in the midday sun and everyone in our riding group took a long look.

 
Back
Top