My new heated gear

Thread starter
Today, after heated gear final test, I have to say that my money was well and wise spent.
Thanks Ferret and GO for suggestions >> :beerchug:
 
:thumbsup: like riding wrapped in an electric blanket. Cold? What's that?
 
Good news, Peter. What a pity they don’t make cooled gear. :D
 
:rofl:

When its in the 30s you'll know in about 2 mins if your heated gear accidentally becomes unplugged
 
peterbaron_imp said:
They do...heated = switch on, not heated/cool - switch off :)
Thanks Peter. I'd not thought of that. Next time I'm off riding when the temperature is likely to be north of 35ºC, I'll kit myself out with heated gear and crank the temperature. When the ambient temperature reaches 37.87ºC, I'll switch it off and feel cooler. :thumbsup:
 
:rofl: let us know how that works Cormanus
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
They do...heated = switch on, not heated/cool - switch off :)
Thanks Peter. I'd not thought of that. Next time I'm off riding when the temperature is likely to be north of 35ºC, I'll kit myself out with heated gear and crank the temperature. When the ambient temperature reaches 37.87ºC, I'll switch it off and feel cooler. :thumbsup:
Thanks Peter. I'd not thought of that. Next time I'm off riding when the temperature is likely to be north of 35ºC, I'll kit myself out with heated gear and crank the temperature. When the ambient temperature reaches 37.87ºC, I'll switch it off and feel cooler. :thumbsup:
... and drink lots of hot tea under that summer sun - then don't. (at least you will be hydrated).
 
So PB as we enter into spring, do you feel your electric gear was a good purchase?
 
Thread starter
Not good but EXCELLENT.
If I didn’t purchase it, I would have ZERO miles until April/May.
NO regrets at all.
 
Thread starter
Just thinking loud, and if I buy heated chaps, these already have built in extension for heated insoles.... and as you mentioned, it would be easier to maintain than heated socks :thumbsup:
No additional pants, have 2 sets, and chaps would be great.
Must visit this store on Tuesday.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Just thinking loud, and if I buy heated chaps, these already have built in extension for heated insoles.... and as you mentioned, it would be easier to maintain than heated socks :thumbsup:
No additional pants, have 2 sets, and chaps would be great.
Must visit this store on Tuesday.
... then chaps it is fer ya.
 
Thread starter
Cold days are still here, especially AM and also can make looonger rides to catch up with our leader who rides EVERY day :)
 
Back
Top