Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
A 100% agreement with your statement.The ferret_imp said:Heated gear is the cats meow as you are finding out PB. If it comes to spending money on riding, I value heated gear above seats, exhaust or suspension mods.
It was 44 and raining today on my ride, heated grips were on 30% heated jacket liner cranked about 1/2 way up, snug as a bug I was.
Need more images of the gear plugged in and baking.peterbaron_imp said:A 100% agreement with your statement.The ferret_imp said:Heated gear is the cats meow as you are finding out PB. If it comes to spending money on riding, I value heated gear above seats, exhaust or suspension mods.
It was 44 and raining today on my ride, heated grips were on 30% heated jacket liner cranked about 1/2 way up, snug as a bug I was.
I am getting more "heated" miscellaneous after tomorrow's store visit.

(+1) on the Milwaukee heated vest under a jacket. Long lasting garment, tear resistant and looks great. In addition, I can take it with me on hikes, outdoor social events, or outdoor winter season work. Heat is adjustable with three on settings and a single small 12V 24 Wh battery that lasts up to 8 hours on low. The garment is 12V, hence, compatible with vehicle available voltage.mvk24_imp said:Very cool I have still never rode with heated gear but I suppose I should try it sooner or later.
A few of my buddies will throw on their Milwaukee heated jackets under a riding jacket and seem to like it. They have alot of money invested in that contraction type heated gear already tho as most of them are in Union labor jobs here in NY. Electric, HVAC, elevator, etc.
I have thought about getting the heated grips to install though, but I routed my auxilary lights to that accessory plug in the headlight housing that was for the factory heated grips so I would need to move a few things around.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I have spent lots of time and money getting bikes outfitted for trips short and long. Two things keep me from riding more on the cold, foggy winter days of Oregon: frozen toes and fingers. I don't know why I keep avoiding investing a bit of time and money on these two areas. About 10 years back, I did have a pair of Frist Gear heated gloves that wired up through the sleeves, down the interior of the coat with connectors to battery. They worked well, but frequently I would forget I was still tethered to the bike as I would dismount and try to walk away.mvk24_imp said:Very cool I have still never rode with heated gear but I suppose I should try it sooner or later.
A few of my buddies will throw on their Milwaukee heated jackets under a riding jacket and seem to like it. They have alot of money invested in that contraction type heated gear already tho as most of them are in Union labor jobs here in NY. Electric, HVAC, elevator, etc.
I have thought about getting the heated grips to install though, but I routed my auxilary lights to that accessory plug in the headlight housing that was for the factory heated grips so I would need to move a few things around.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
:rofl:pdedse_imp said:I have spent lots of time and money getting bikes outfitted for trips short and long. Two things keep me from riding more on the cold, foggy winter days of Oregon: frozen toes and fingers. I don't know why I keep avoiding investing a bit of time and money on these two areas. About 10 years back, I did have a pair of Frist Gear heated gloves that wired up through the sleeves, down the interior of the coat with connectors to battery. They worked well, but frequently I would forget I was still tethered to the bike as I would dismount and try to walk away.mvk24_imp said:Very cool I have still never rode with heated gear but I suppose I should try it sooner or later.
A few of my buddies will throw on their Milwaukee heated jackets under a riding jacket and seem to like it. They have alot of money invested in that contraction type heated gear already tho as most of them are in Union labor jobs here in NY. Electric, HVAC, elevator, etc.
I have thought about getting the heated grips to install though, but I routed my auxilary lights to that accessory plug in the headlight housing that was for the factory heated grips so I would need to move a few things around.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
They were in my KLR tank bag which was stolen one day, gloves and all.
:rofl:Nachodaddy_imp said::rofl:pdedse_imp said:I have spent lots of time and money getting bikes outfitted for trips short and long. Two things keep me from riding more on the cold, foggy winter days of Oregon: frozen toes and fingers. I don't know why I keep avoiding investing a bit of time and money on these two areas. About 10 years back, I did have a pair of Frist Gear heated gloves that wired up through the sleeves, down the interior of the coat with connectors to battery. They worked well, but frequently I would forget I was still tethered to the bike as I would dismount and try to walk away.mvk24_imp said:Very cool I have still never rode with heated gear but I suppose I should try it sooner or later.
A few of my buddies will throw on their Milwaukee heated jackets under a riding jacket and seem to like it. They have alot of money invested in that contraction type heated gear already tho as most of them are in Union labor jobs here in NY. Electric, HVAC, elevator, etc.
I have thought about getting the heated grips to install though, but I routed my auxilary lights to that accessory plug in the headlight housing that was for the factory heated grips so I would need to move a few things around.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
They were in my KLR tank bag which was stolen one day, gloves and all.
pdedse, we may be related . . . I can see myself trying to drag my bike across the parking lot like that. . .
:rofl:pdedse_imp said::rofl:Nachodaddy_imp said::rofl:pdedse_imp said:I have spent lots of time and money getting bikes outfitted for trips short and long. Two things keep me from riding more on the cold, foggy winter days of Oregon: frozen toes and fingers. I don't know why I keep avoiding investing a bit of time and money on these two areas. About 10 years back, I did have a pair of Frist Gear heated gloves that wired up through the sleeves, down the interior of the coat with connectors to battery. They worked well, but frequently I would forget I was still tethered to the bike as I would dismount and try to walk away.mvk24_imp said:Very cool I have still never rode with heated gear but I suppose I should try it sooner or later.
A few of my buddies will throw on their Milwaukee heated jackets under a riding jacket and seem to like it. They have alot of money invested in that contraction type heated gear already tho as most of them are in Union labor jobs here in NY. Electric, HVAC, elevator, etc.
I have thought about getting the heated grips to install though, but I routed my auxilary lights to that accessory plug in the headlight housing that was for the factory heated grips so I would need to move a few things around.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
They were in my KLR tank bag which was stolen one day, gloves and all.
pdedse, we may be related . . . I can see myself trying to drag my bike across the parking lot like that. . .
pdedse, we may be related . . . I can see myself trying to drag my bike across the parking lot like that. . .
People would stare...children would hide behind their mothers' skirts.
GoldOxide_imp said::rofl:pdedse_imp said::rofl:Nachodaddy_imp said::rofl:pdedse_imp said:I have spent lots of time and money getting bikes outfitted for trips short and long. Two things keep me from riding more on the cold, foggy winter days of Oregon: frozen toes and fingers. I don't know why I keep avoiding investing a bit of time and money on these two areas. About 10 years back, I did have a pair of Frist Gear heated gloves that wired up through the sleeves, down the interior of the coat with connectors to battery. They worked well, but frequently I would forget I was still tethered to the bike as I would dismount and try to walk away.mvk24_imp said:Very cool I have still never rode with heated gear but I suppose I should try it sooner or later.
A few of my buddies will throw on their Milwaukee heated jackets under a riding jacket and seem to like it. They have alot of money invested in that contraction type heated gear already tho as most of them are in Union labor jobs here in NY. Electric, HVAC, elevator, etc.
I have thought about getting the heated grips to install though, but I routed my auxilary lights to that accessory plug in the headlight housing that was for the factory heated grips so I would need to move a few things around.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
They were in my KLR tank bag which was stolen one day, gloves and all.
pdedse, we may be related . . . I can see myself trying to drag my bike across the parking lot like that. . .
pdedse, we may be related . . . I can see myself trying to drag my bike across the parking lot like that. . .
People would stare...children would hide behind their mothers' skirts.
pdedse, we may be related . . . I can see myself trying to drag my bike across the parking lot like that. . .
People would stare...children would hide behind their mothers' skirts.
(click)
I walk away tethered at least once a ride when using heated gear, so much so I created an internal break in the power cable connected to the battery. It was hard to spot and I thought it was my controller failing. Lesson learnt, I'm always going to do it so have a spare cable in the workshop for when I break the next.pdedse_imp said:I have spent lots of time and money getting bikes outfitted for trips short and long. Two things keep me from riding more on the cold, foggy winter days of Oregon: frozen toes and fingers. I don't know why I keep avoiding investing a bit of time and money on these two areas. About 10 years back, I did have a pair of Frist Gear heated gloves that wired up through the sleeves, down the interior of the coat with connectors to battery. They worked well, but frequently I would forget I was still tethered to the bike as I would dismount and try to walk away.mvk24_imp said:Very cool I have still never rode with heated gear but I suppose I should try it sooner or later.
A few of my buddies will throw on their Milwaukee heated jackets under a riding jacket and seem to like it. They have alot of money invested in that contraction type heated gear already tho as most of them are in Union labor jobs here in NY. Electric, HVAC, elevator, etc.
I have thought about getting the heated grips to install though, but I routed my auxilary lights to that accessory plug in the headlight housing that was for the factory heated grips so I would need to move a few things around.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
They were in my KLR tank bag which was stolen one day, gloves and all.

I walk away tethered at least once a ride when using heated gear, so much so I created an internal break in the power cable connected to the battery. It was hard to spot and I thought it was my controller failing. Lesson learnt, I'm always going to do it so have a spare cable in the workshop for when I break the next.Tev62_imp said:I walk away tethered at least once a ride when using heated gear, so much so I created an internal break in the power cable connected to the battery. It was hard to spot and I thought it was my controller failing. Lesson learnt, I'm always going to do it so have a spare cable in the workshop for when I break the next.pdedse_imp said:I have spent lots of time and money getting bikes outfitted for trips short and long. Two things keep me from riding more on the cold, foggy winter days of Oregon: frozen toes and fingers. I don't know why I keep avoiding investing a bit of time and money on these two areas. About 10 years back, I did have a pair of Frist Gear heated gloves that wired up through the sleeves, down the interior of the coat with connectors to battery. They worked well, but frequently I would forget I was still tethered to the bike as I would dismount and try to walk away.mvk24_imp said:Very cool I have still never rode with heated gear but I suppose I should try it sooner or later.
A few of my buddies will throw on their Milwaukee heated jackets under a riding jacket and seem to like it. They have alot of money invested in that contraction type heated gear already tho as most of them are in Union labor jobs here in NY. Electric, HVAC, elevator, etc.
I have thought about getting the heated grips to install though, but I routed my auxilary lights to that accessory plug in the headlight housing that was for the factory heated grips so I would need to move a few things around.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
They were in my KLR tank bag which was stolen one day, gloves and all.![]()

Unless you don't remember what you forgot . . .:beerchug:peterbaron_imp said:Well, when I read these posts, it seems like you guys are getting old and forgetting things… at least I'm not forgetting...![]()
I know for sure I would forget most of the time.peterbaron_imp said:Well, when I read these posts, it seems like you guys are getting old and forgetting things… at least I'm not forgetting...![]()