MY NEW GIVI V47 MAXIMA 4

Alfgaxatico_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
when you use the motorcycle every day, with cold, heat or rain ... it forces to put a suitcase; apart from that my family serves as a fearless person. I liked this Givi model; - today I put the backrest -; and with 56 liters it does not look excessive. The CB1100 ex 2015 europe; It is bigger and wider than it seems. very good and steel colored ..
72a45f67ef3ec2d8233abd636f408c3d.jpg



Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
 
I have a 53L Givi on the ST1300 and put it on the CB once to see what it looked like. Whoa, way too big! So I (and Peterbaron—we think alike ;) ) have the Givi Blade 46L. Seems much better.

Having said that, I like your new case! Does it come with lighting or do you have to buy the kit? I had to buy the kit for the Blade. The 53L one had the lighting installed from the factory.
 
Thread starter
Hi friend. the lighting kit is separate. I put the 46 liters and it seemed small, since the CB1100 deceives in size. I saw that the v56 does not exceed the width of the bike (handlebars and mirrors) and I liked ... the steel details.
 
The practicality of a large top box can't be overlooked. I love my V47, and the simplicity of arriving at the office, clicking a button, and carrying it in with me. Then, transferring it to my other bike for the next day's ride.

The only styling point that really bothered me was the "Givi V47 Monokey" text that ran down the sides of the silver trim. I didn't think that the box needed to advertise itself. I eventually removed the trim band and repainted it in plain silver.

For the brake light, rather than wiring the box, I attached an LED strip to the bottom rear edge of the Givi mounting plate. That way, I have a supplemental brake light whether or not the box is mounted, and I inserted reflective material under the clear red "lenses" so that they at least function as reflectors.

Enjoy the added practicality of your CB, sir!
 
Agreed Gin60.

I recall one of the first responses I got when I joined the CB1100 Forum was something along the lines of enjoy the looks of the awkward top box - we have it too! Very warm and welcoming.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
The practicality of a large top box can't be overlooked. I love my V47, and the simplicity of arriving at the office, clicking a button, and carrying it in with me. Then, transferring it to my other bike for the next day's ride.

The only styling point that really bothered me was the "Givi V47 Monokey" text that ran down the sides of the silver trim. I didn't think that the box needed to advertise itself. I eventually removed the trim band and repainted it in plain silver.

For the brake light, rather than wiring the box, I attached an LED strip to the bottom rear edge of the Givi mounting plate. That way, I have a supplemental brake light whether or not the box is mounted, and I inserted reflective material under the clear red "lenses" so that they at least function as reflectors.

Enjoy the added practicality of your CB, sir!
This is the least dorkiest top box I've ever seen on CB11, wow. Congrats
 
I don't think there is a non-dorky top box on any bike, but I'll take the compliment. It looked positively sleek on my black and silver BMW, but it's not really that bad on the CB. Thanks!
By the way, Alfgaxatico, your V47 looks like it has the same aluminum trim panel on the top that mine has. If you are concerned about keeping your new, expensive top box looking perfect, be careful not to drop anything on that aluminum trim. It dents rather easily...
 
Thread starter
Hi !!! Sorry ; my case is v56 ... (sorry at the title).
The v47 is small ...
One case that be the same weight.. that bike is like good ..
 
Ahh, the 56. If you have the aluminum trim on top, it's pretty until you drop something on it. :)
 
Thread starter
Jajajaja .. Nothing ever falls ... the birds in Spain do not release anything. and if it breaks ... we can givi lump rack ..
 
[/QUOTE]
This is the least dorkiest top box I've ever seen on CB11, wow. Congrats
[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! Least dorkiest is quite a compliment here!!
 
This is the least dorkiest top box I've ever seen on CB11, wow. Congrats
[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! Least dorkiest is quite a compliment here!!
[/QUOTE]
Hahahaha! Least dorkiest is quite a compliment here!!
It is warm, and welcoming. Take what we can get. :)
 
A 56 L is like an aquarium, read : fish :P
This is why Lord Popgun and myself have smaller box.
 
There is no cool hard top box for the CB1100. It is a compromise, sadly in the context of the CB1100. We must carry our stash in order to enjoy the CB for all it can be.
 
I have a project rolling around in the back of my noggin that I will take on someday. Adapting a stylish, vintage briefcase like a Haliburton to attach to a Monokey rack. It wouldn't be that difficult. It would be great for the days that my lunch is the biggest thing I haul to work.
 
Back
Top