My New CB1100 DLX has arrived!

Bighonda14_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So after a 4+ week wait, my new-to-me DLX has made it safe and sound from the Fay Myers Motorcycle Dealership in Colorado to my home in NJ. I spent the last few days taking a few accessories off to get it closer to stock, and was finally able to get a nice photo today.

I can't say enough about Haulbikes who transported the bike for me.

I again want to thank LongRanger for checking out the bike for me in person and assuring me that it was pristine. His objective assessment and encouragement made all the difference in my decision to buy this bike and not wait for another one closer to home. This is the first time I have bought a bike sight unseen and it has been a superb experience.

The bike has 1,100 miles on it and so far appears as close to perfect as any bike could be. There have been no surprises regarding damage, condition, etc. Zero. I am taking it to my long-time dealer in about 10 days for an end-to-end check and to tend to some normal maintenance items.

This thing just glows. From every angle and in any light, it glows.

Many thanks to others on the forum who have answered countless questions and extended a fantastic welcome. Feels like coming home!

 
Ok yes I am biased, but aren't those DLXs drop dead gorgeous?

Congrats
 
Ferret, of course its beautiful. It has RLETS! :)

Congrats Bighonda!
 
BH, that looks more like it! Beautiful bike. I took my DLX to Fay Myers today for some service work and thought about you. It's weird to think our bikes are one VIN number apart. Anyway, you got a good one. Enjoy and ride safe!
 
Congrats on finding your DLX! I've had mine for only 6 months now, and love her more with each ride I take. A classic beauty !
 
Good on you, BigHonda. Glad it was worth the wait.
 
use2b: Where's yours coming from?

I waited 9 days making the trip from New Hyde Park, NY --> San Francisco Bay Area, CA! It's like preparing for a new 'child' in the house! (I had to sell my older 2002 CB750-Nighthawk).
 
Congrats BH, it's refreshing to see someone wanting to take it back to stock. In my eyes the DLX is among the most beutiful machines Honda has ever produced... so why mess with perfection!! Don't be surprised when even diehard Harley riders approach you to admire it!!
 
BayAreaRick_imp said:
use2b: Where's yours coming from?

I waited 9 days making the trip from New Hyde Park, NY --> San Francisco Bay Area, CA! It's like preparing for a new 'child' in the house! (I had to sell my older 2002 CB750-Nighthawk).
I really like my driver from UShip , he picked it up Friday in PA and will have in in Florida Tuesday. Not bad , right now I am tracking him in Ashland Va. . = $400
yes the waiting is terrible but Glad the OP has his new Baby !
 
Nice, congrats. I would find out how much your dealer is charging you to look over the bike before you pay him. The bike is practically new. I would just give it a visual inspection. Check the fluids and tire pressure and give a slow easy test ride. Check the chain tension and call it a day. Nothing should be out of normal with only 1100 miles. I don't think you need to overly worry at all. Unless the bike was in an accident which I highly doubt if you got it from a reputable dealer.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top