My mod ideas spreadsheet, welcome input

justinlself_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I'm gathering some items in case I end up choosing the CB in spring. It may also help others.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Q-cY90tIYIr3ZB9RHgnqeuZVh-0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Green = high priority, yellow medium, orange intermediate, red last priority

Click an item for the link.

If you have more affordable alternatives, please share! Also any links for the unlinked/blank items. Thanks!

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
 
Help me understand. You live in Appleton Wisconsin and give a rear fender eliminator kit a higher priority than handwarmers? Global warming must have had quite the effect on your state. Also, I'm having trouble differentiating medium from intermediate priority. What's the difference? The Dart is a great choice. As far as the black rack goes look into the one from Endurance. Good looking piece of kit that is. I believe Web Bike sells it
 
Thread starter
I have them on my KLR and the biggest issue is wind from the front even with brush guards. Marginal comfort difference for me.

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
 
for me no question
the cb, its a full size bike and the other 2 are just on the small size for me, unless your taking the new bonne
but for me the starting point is always suspension and you may need nothing there but that would be where I start
and a screen
everything else is after that
and the cb is half the cost if you can get a leftover
 
justinlself_imp said:
I'm gathering some items in case I end up choosing the CB in spring. It may also help others.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Q-cY90tIYIr3ZB9RHgnqeuZVh-0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Green = high priority, yellow medium, orange intermediate, red last priority

Click an item for the link.

If you have more affordable alternatives, please share! Also any links for the unlinked/blank items. Thanks!

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
I have a dart screen here for you .... i have put another screen on
 
Thread starter
silenthedges_imp said:
justinlself_imp said:
I'm gathering some items in case I end up choosing the CB in spring. It may also help others.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Q-cY90tIYIr3ZB9RHgnqeuZVh-0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Green = high priority, yellow medium, orange intermediate, red last priority

Click an item for the link.

If you have more affordable alternatives, please share! Also any links for the unlinked/blank items. Thanks!

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
I have a dart screen here for you .... i have put another screen on
I have a dart screen here for you .... i have put another screen on What were your pros cons, and your height?

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
 
I had a few of your items on my bike. I really liked the fender eliminator, especially on clean dry roads. :)

19ef1265d2666dd2563de35f3148656c.jpg


The CB1100 community has a ton of Japanese accessories available to it since it's available for the domestic Japanese market. On the other hand I'm finding very limited Japanese accessories for the CB500F which is not offered in Japan. This saddens me greatly. I'm sometimes tempted to consider the anemic, over-priced Yamaha SR400 solely due to the accessories availability.
 
I think I would worry more about buying the actual bike, riding it for a bit, then deciding what you might want to do with the bike. Going through all this without knowing if you would even buy the bike is a little much.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
From past experience getting to know the bike first and then accessorizing can save you money. Your not going to know what you really want unless you own it. Some things may be a necessity for you like wind protection and comfortable seat but everything else can wait untill you get to know the bike and then take your time to research it all.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
I've got the dart classic flyscreen and I love it.

Aren't the rear fender eliminator and panniers/racks an odd combination? I'm trying to picture that.
 
curlyjoe_imp said:
I've got the dart classic flyscreen and I love it.

Aren't the rear fender eliminator and panniers/racks an odd combination? I'm trying to picture that.

Yeah, that's like a motorcycle thong...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
:rofl: motorcycle thong. Ow my eye's hurt
 
Capo_imp said:
curlyjoe_imp said:
I've got the dart classic flyscreen and I love it.

Aren't the rear fender eliminator and panniers/racks an odd combination? I'm trying to picture that.

Yeah, that's like a motorcycle thong...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's like a motorcycle thong...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ROTFLOL :D

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
 
CB4ME_imp said:
I had a few of your items on my bike. I really liked the fender eliminator, especially on clean dry roads. :)

19ef1265d2666dd2563de35f3148656c.jpg


The CB1100 community has a ton of Japanese accessories available to it since it's available for the domestic Japanese market. On the other hand I'm finding very limited Japanese accessories for the CB500F which is not offered in Japan. This saddens me greatly. I'm sometimes tempted to consider the anemic, over-priced Yamaha SR400 solely due to the accessories availability.
Aloha, do you have more pic of the rear fender eliminator and type of tail/brake lights you installed?

I fabricated a fender and bought a LED tail/brake light but can't get the running light to work, any suggestions?
 
Back
Top