My Honda Shop

Nice window display Henrik. My local dealer works out of a strip mall and the only thing on display are four-wheelers on the sidewalk.
 
Wow cool display. My dealer usually has a few quads, scooters out front, but the bikes inside are lined up like so many bananas in a bunch.
 
Thread starter
Actually, it is not a Chic design. It is a very nice seat cowl that attaches over the normal seat so you can remove it to take a pillion. If you are interested I will check with them which one it is, and I am sure Samurider can get it for you. You certainly wouldn't want to buy it here in Switzerland. That gold CB11 as it is in the window is for sale at $18'000. This shop is also the one that made a limited series of 40 of the black one to celebrate Honda's 40 years in Switzerland.
 
Henrik_imp said:
Actually, it is not a Chic design. It is a very nice seat cowl that attaches over the normal seat so you can remove it to take a pillion. If you are interested I will check with them which one it is, and I am sure Samurider can get it for you. You certainly wouldn't want to buy it here in Switzerland. That gold CB11 as it is in the window is for sale at $18'000. This shop is also the one that made a limited series of 40 of the black one to celebrate Honda's 40 years in Switzerland.
Yeah, I've never seen that one, if you could inquire about who made it I'd love to know!

I'm not a huge fan of the Chic one, just doesn't quite look right to my eyes, plus it looks lower than stock, which is not what I want. I must be one of the very few that's fine with the stock seat. Maybe I just don't know better, or maybe other people haven't put enough miles on theirs to break it in... 500 mile days are ok, but it's still narrow enough to hang off bit in the turns when you're having fun. It looks good enough, thought the the DLX looks great to my eyes. I'd definitely be curious about that cowl to keep the stock seat.
 
Too bad about the reflections. Does the dealer ever display them in his showroom? It would be nice to have some pictures of those without the window getting in the way. I'd love to be able to see some of the other mods he's done.
 
A dealer with taste, Henrik. Thanks.
 
Thread starter
Setchman, there are quite a lot of photos available of the black one online. Try searching pictures on Google of the Honda CB1100 Dark Racer and you will see quite a lot. The bike has been talked about on here before.

As for the gold one, it is a recent build they did in the shop. Since they do change their window display on a fairly regular basis, there is a good chance I will be able to get some pictures of it in the showroom a bit later, unless it is sold obviously!

Kevbroce, I will follow up on the seat cowl. I am also one who thinks the stock seat is excellent, especially on my EX.
 
Thread starter
I was back at the store today for some more info. So, the seat cowl is one that they have custom made to fit over the standard seat. However, they would be able to produce more of them if somebody is interested. I will be writing to them to get more info on pricing and so on just in case.

Here are some more pictures:



[url=http://s122.photobucket.com/user/henmyr/media/IMG_20150414_141630_zpsl4oe0u5a.jpg.html]

[url=http://s122.photobucket.com/user/henmyr/media/IMG_20150414_142834_zps3esdjbeu.jpg.html]

[url=http://s122.photobucket.com/user/henmyr/media/IMG_20150414_142845_zpsnykqo3hc.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
So, turns out the seat cowl was a custom job. They can have new ones made upon request as the mold is still available. However, the price would be something like $650!
 
Back
Top