My CB750 headed to London

use2b_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
yep sold my 1976 CB750 today and hated to see it go but it paid for my K10 in full .
crazy part is i handed over the title and the man took it but said no need for it or even to sign it as it was no good in the UK [ have no idea how that works ] but paid me cash and just like that my bike will be loaded into a container with a sports car and "off they go" ! seems to be a big market over their for vintage bikes. Goodbye pretty bike , gonna miss you
 
What a beauty :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It would break my heart to let that go, but I guess you can't keep everything forever.
Seems as if it's going to a good home.
 
How did you advertise it to find an overseas buyer? I have several I plan on selling n the spring, a 69, a 72 and a 76 plus a CBX.
 
I’m with Rocky: it would break my heart to lose that bike.
 
Thread starter
lash_imp said:
How did you advertise it to find an overseas buyer? I have several I plan on selling n the spring, a 69, a 72 and a 76 plus a CBX.
had a big block party last week and talked about selling it as some of the guys discussed its value and one buys and exports cars.
soon he called me on behalf of a London buyer and then came by to inspect it with him on the phone and paid cash on the spot after i would not budge on price . He had a car leaving and would put the bike in the container also saving shipping money .
 
Crazy isn't it.

My BSA 750 triple went to a buyer in Saudi Arabia ... 45 years ago.
 
lash_imp said:
How did you advertise it to find an overseas buyer? I have several I plan on selling n the spring, a 69, a 72 and a 76 plus a CBX.
One of my CBX's went to Australia after putting it on eBay.
There were no problems at all with that transaction
 
I've never been an Ebay seller so I am not sure how it works or if I would be confident of not getting scammed on a deal by selling these that way. Have to check it out I guess.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Crazy isn't it.

My BSA 750 triple went to a buyer in Saudi Arabia ... 45 years ago.
Cycle Trader has a 1970 Rocket III like yours for a mere US$22,500.


A couple of years ago the later version with the beige frame, round tank and metallic orange paint sold for US$32,000 at a Los Vegas Auction.
 
lash_imp said:
I've never been an Ebay seller so I am not sure how it works or if I would be confident of not getting scammed on a deal by selling these that way. Have to check it out I guess.
Cash or Postal money orders are the safest way.
Certifies bankers cheques are not always safe.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Crazy isn't it.

My BSA 750 triple went to a buyer in Saudi Arabia ... 45 years ago.
Cycle Trader has a 1970 Rocket III like yours for a mere US$22,500.


A couple of years ago the later version with the beige frame, round tank and metallic orange paint sold for US$32,000 at a Los Vegas Auction.
Cycle Trader has a 1970 Rocket III like yours for a mere US$22,500.

Looked just like that only no crash bar.

So since I sold it for $ 675 not too smart. I probably should have held on to it lol
Who knew leaky old British iron would be worth something some day?
 
After overhauling my 1971 BSA Lightning, and driving it a few Sundays for two summers, I sold it for $1,000 in 1980.

I hate to think what it would be worth now.
 
decarmine_imp said:
It's not just bikes. We used to junk '55 Chevies for $10 back in the early '60s...
My dad had his black 57 Bel Air coupe towed away by a kid working at a local gas station. About three months later the kid brought it back to show it to us. He completely restored it and had it painted it red. Gorgeous.

But my dad was happy with his 1958 Biscayne 4 door sedan, as we were a large family.
 
Yea I sold a 56 Chevy for $30 out of my dads front yard. I seem to have a habit of getting rid of stuff cheap that would have been worth something someday if I had just held on to it long enough. lol
 
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo​oooooooo!!!!!!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Yea I sold a 56 Chevy for $30 out of my dads front yard. I seem to have a habit of getting rid of stuff cheap that would have been worth something someday if I had just held on to it long enough. lol
Wow , now i want my bike back !!!!!!!!!!!

Did worse than you Ferret , sold my 57 Chevy for a $150 promise and he drove it away never paying me a dime .... stupid 16YO I was

Nortoon I had a thunderbolt , same bike but with 1 carb instead of the lightnings two
sold a running HD Scat 175 for $20 to a friend
 
Beautiful machine. But, wooden brakes. Carbs (USA ethanol) :-( Tires that are rather old school in this modern age. Suspension that is far outmatched these days and well, the roads in New England are like dirt roads in many places. But yeah, wonderful looking bike for sure. The place where it all began.
 
Back
Top