Ack-CB11_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Took an afternoon spin today, I was behind a couple cars for a mile or so when a newer 1200 Sportster w/straight pipes caught me. A long, tightly curved 30 and 35 mph road. The 2 cars pulled off at the same road and we are off to the races. He roared off first, until then I didn’t know if he wanted to go or not. I was on him like glue, sticking my wheel up next to him on the few short straights. He was really on it too through the corners, using both lanes to stay on the road. It was funny to watch following. We could hit 90 or so, on the straight he was about 65 through the turns. We slowed up for a second and I took off, all turns for a mile and a half until a stop sign at the next village. I was having too much fun to think clearly and lost him. Hardest I pushed it yet, those hard skinny tires make me nervous to say the least. The new shocks worked great it was planted and in control through it all, some turns are a little dippy. I was running the turns about 75+ and lost him in the mirrors after the first few.
I slowed with the stop coming and he caught up. At the stop sign he shuts his bike off and says “I had one just like that, is it an early 80’s one?” I said, no its brand new 1100 fuel injected. “Oh, thank God” he said “my old one never went like that” He liked the bike but said it was way to quiet.
This was the most fun I’ve had on the bike to date, bike handled well as did the shocks. I was able to push it enough to use the whole chicken strips on the back tire. It was a blast……


:angel:
Not much on Nantucket as far as tar goes, here's the road. I only have about 50 sq miles to ride.
Google Maps
I slowed with the stop coming and he caught up. At the stop sign he shuts his bike off and says “I had one just like that, is it an early 80’s one?” I said, no its brand new 1100 fuel injected. “Oh, thank God” he said “my old one never went like that” He liked the bike but said it was way to quiet.
This was the most fun I’ve had on the bike to date, bike handled well as did the shocks. I was able to push it enough to use the whole chicken strips on the back tire. It was a blast……



:angel:Not much on Nantucket as far as tar goes, here's the road. I only have about 50 sq miles to ride.
Google Maps