Mrs Ferret's new ride

Congrats on the new wheels, great to have your wife along for the odd day, lucky guy. Do you not get the Honda ADV350/Forza over there? It is a bit like the 400cc BMW Scooter I had out recently. Easily mixed it up with the fast traffic on the motorway.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Congrats on the new wheels, great to have your wife along for the odd day, lucky guy. Do you not get the Honda ADV350/Forza over there? It is a bit like the 400cc BMW Scooter I had out recently. Easily mixed it up with the fast traffic on the motorway.
North America used to get the older but reliable Honda Forza 300. I think that stopped being available some years ago, especially in Canada.

Europe tends to get the scooter innovations earlier or more exclusively compared to North America. It might have something to do with the vast spaces highways/freeways transverse and the more powerful alternatives to travel them.
 
Thread starter
Tev no we didn't that I know of.

We get the ADV 150, the PCX 150, the Ruckus and the Metropolitan

https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/scooter

Would have loved to get her a 300cc+ scooter. The T Max 500 was at the top of my list, only we don't get it here either. Only one sold here I know of is the Suzuki Burgman 400.
 
Thread starter
Ive read thats a body kit you can buy
 
That looks sweet! Bigger tires, longer wheelbase. If those were about 500cc with a DCT, I'd seriously think about one! I would still keep the CB, tho.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
That looks sweet! Bigger tires, longer wheelbase. If those were about 500cc with a DCT, I'd seriously think about one! I would still keep the CB, tho.
The talk is getting dirtier CB. Like it!
 
Thread starter
Mrs Ferret rode behind me for another 44 miler today. She's getting better, Still needs work on 90 degree right hand turns, but she's keeping up better.

16a4f287d64a3743e192e0d77ef7274f.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
Mrs Ferret rode behind me for another 44 miler today. She's getting better, Still needs work on 90 degree right hand turns, but she's keeping up better.

16a4f287d64a3743e192e0d77ef7274f.jpg
Must feel great to rediscover the freedom.
 
Thread starter
Yes I believe she is enjoying it, but she's wanting more power lol. She's wanting to go look at a Vespa 300
 
Thread starter
Well, the PCX 150 is gone. Replaced today with a 2023 XMax 300. The desire for more power seduced her lol. So, she got double the displacement and a top speed of over 90. Freeway legal. Has TC and ABS, disc brakes front and rear, a better windshield. The XMax is crazy techie.. remote key fob, links to phone for Nav, Music etc. Way too complicated for me. Seems pretty fast for a 300. I'd guess she won't have any trouble keeping up now lol

8b3c301fba526b5715f037d197c4d20a.jpg
 
That is great. I think 300 to 400 is a sweet spot for modern scooters. Anything more and fuel economy and urban parking agility starts to suffer.

Looks like no shortage of onboard storage. The Japanese sure know how to make good use of space.

So swell to have your partner re-join you at will on daily rides.
 
Great Ferret. I love it how often you guys turn over bikes.
 
That was a quick upgrade. Lucky for you to have your wife ride with you....never happen with mine. Will be a sad day if I ever have to swap the CB for a scooter. Looking further at 300 or 400 cc scooters still, however, weigh in at over 500 lbs!
 
Back
Top