Motul oil

Maturecheese_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Sorry to bore ya'll with 'oil' But Honda recommend their own 10w30 oil and I just wondered if Motul 5000 10w40 4t is ok to use here in the UK in summer. it's cheaper that the extortionate recommended Honda oil.
 
Thread starter
spechg_imp said:
I'm using Motul 7100 4T 10W30 without any problems.
That's good but it's still 10w30 and about the same price as Honda's oil but it is fully synthetic. An option i suppose. Thanks
 
Maturecheese

Everybody here knows the best oil possible to use is . (fill in the blank) :D
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Maturecheese

Everybody here knows the best oil possible to use is . (fill in the blank) :D
That is absolutely correct :rofl:
Motul is very high quality oil and I use it in all my modern bikes
 
Thread starter
In answer to my own question, well sort of, I now know that I can use Castrol Power 1 4t 10w30 fully synthetic as they sell it at the local dealer (it's cheaper :) ). I asked the guy there, and he asked me what bike I had and then said you can use that oil. So when I do a full oil change with filter next, i will be using that. This time I had to stick to the Honda oil as i wasn't changing the filter and that is what is already in it.

Slightly different topic, anybody else get a valve ticking noise when the bike is warming up. it seems to be coming from the left hand side, (the side stand side). Seems a bit odd for a 3500 mile bike. I might post this as a topic.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Maturecheese

Everybody here knows the best oil possible to use is . (fill in the blank) :D
That is absolutely correct :rofl:
Motul is very high quality oil and I use it in all my modern bikes
That is absolutely correct :rofl:
Motul is very high quality oil and I use it in all my modern bikes
.+1 got full synthetic 7100/10W40,
 
Motul 5100/7100 10W30/10W40 are both okay to use for sure.

A better value is Rotella T6 5W40, especially in hot and cold riding seasons. The CB1100 and other Honda lumps seem to enjoy it.
 
Back
Top