Motorcycles

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
I have ridden many...many motorcycles. Worked in the industry from 1972 to 1989 and rode about everything produced during that time period from Japan, England and Italy. I test ride a lot of bikes even now since I live near a shop that lets me test drive anything on the lot or in the building, any time I want. A new model comes out, I go test ride it (Honda or Yamaha). They get something in used I haven't ridden, where's my helmet? be back shortly. I go to Demo days and ride everything they have, from R-1s to Strykers, from Piaggio 3 wheeled scooters to Can Am Spyders. I will ride anything.

Additionally we have 13 members in our family who ride. I get to ride all their bikes as well. My sons Ducati 696, my nephews NC 700X, my daughter in laws Ninja 300, another nephews SV 650, and another nephews KTM 690 duke, my brothers Triumph 790 (which used to be mine)

If a friend offers me a ride on his bike, chances are I will be back in 15 minutes. I've ridden Versys, and Vstroms, and R1150 and R1200R Beemers, and and Guzzi Brevas

I like ALL motorcycles!

But....the bike I find MOST satisfying to ride is a big torquey inline 4 cylinder liter plus bike. I like bikes that pull like a train, in any gear, at any time, that have a little bit of size to them, and a little bit of weight. When I roll the throttle on, I want the scenery to go blurring by..now. Don't want to wait for the revs to pick up. I don't want the power band of a 2 stroke in a 4 stroke. I want the power to be linear, building like a long low slope. When I'm rolling down the road at 55 in high gear and hit a little Burg with a 35 mph speed limit I just want to slow down to 35 cruise thru and then roll it back up to 55 when coming out the other side, without downshifting. Liter bike torque baby!

There used to be lots of them..GS Suzukis, XS Yamahas, KZ Kawasakis and CB Hondas. I was afraid the manufacturers would quit making them. Instead there seems to be a resurgence of this type of bike. Yamaha and Suzuki have both announce big " road burners" and of course thank goodness we have the CB 1100. Figure Kaw will be bringing their big Zrex back soon too. Great bike. They won't want to be left out of the market.

Thank goodness they are making a comeback!
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have ridden many...many motorcycles. Worked in the industry from 1972 to 1989 and rode about everything produced during that time period from Japan, England and Italy. I test ride a lot of bikes even now since I live near a shop that lets me test drive anything on the lot or in the building, any time I want. A new model comes out, I go test ride it (Honda or Yamaha). They get something in used I haven't ridden, where's my helmet? be back shortly. I go to Demo days and ride everything they have, from R-1s to Strykers, from Piaggio 3 wheeled scooters to Can Am Spyders. I will ride anything.

Additionally we have 13 members in our family who ride. I get to ride all their bikes as well. My sons Ducati 696, my nephews NC 700X, my daughter in laws Ninja 300, another nephews SV 650, and another nephews KTM 690 duke, my brothers Triumph 790 (which used to be mine)

If a friend offers me a ride on his bike, chances are I will be back in 15 minutes. I've ridden Versys, and Vstroms, and R1150 and R1200R Beemers, and and Guzzi Brevas

I like ALL motorcycles!

But....the bike I find MOST satisfying to ride is a big torquey inline 4 cylinder liter plus bike. I like bikes that pull like a train, in any gear, at any time, that have a little bit of size to them, and a little bit of weight. When I roll the throttle on, I want the scenery to go blurring by..now. Don't want to wait for the revs to pick up. I don't want the power band of a 2 stroke in a 4 stroke. I want the power to be linear, building like a long low slope. When I'm rolling down the road at 55 in high gear and hit a little Burg with a 35 mph speed limit I just want to slow down to 35 cruise thru and then roll it back up to 55 when coming out the other side, without downshifting. Liter bike torque baby!

There used to be lots of them..GS Suzukis, XS Yamahas, KZ Kawasakis and CB Hondas. I was afraid the manufacturers would quit making them. Instead there seems to be a resurgence of this type of bike. Yamaha and Suzuki have both announce big " road burners" and of course thank goodness we have the CB 1100. Figure Kaw will be bringing their big Zrex back soon too. Great bike. They won't want to be left out of the market.

Thank goodness they are making a comeback!
Ferret - where does the 2014 CB1100 DLX rank among the many, many bikes you've had the remarkable opportunity to ride?

And to your last point, this is what Kawasaki is bringing to Europe in 2015, a 1300cc inline 4:

908639e628433b086479d6a6ec31b2a8.jpg


Rip off that ugly oval side plate and it looks pretty darn good. And I bet there's no speed limiter or purposeful detuning on that one. (
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I have ridden many...many motorcycles. Worked in the industry from 1972 to 1989 and rode about everything produced during that time period from Japan, England and Italy. I test ride a lot of bikes even now since I live near a shop that lets me test drive anything on the lot or in the building, any time I want. A new model comes out, I go test ride it (Honda or Yamaha). They get something in used I haven't ridden, where's my helmet? be back shortly. I go to Demo days and ride everything they have, from R-1s to Strykers, from Piaggio 3 wheeled scooters to Can Am Spyders. I will ride anything.

Additionally we have 13 members in our family who ride. I get to ride all their bikes as well. My sons Ducati 696, my nephews NC 700X, my daughter in laws Ninja 300, another nephews SV 650, and another nephews KTM 690 duke, my brothers Triumph 790 (which used to be mine)

If a friend offers me a ride on his bike, chances are I will be back in 15 minutes. I've ridden Versys, and Vstroms, and R1150 and R1200R Beemers, and and Guzzi Brevas

I like ALL motorcycles!

But....the bike I find MOST satisfying to ride is a big torquey inline 4 cylinder liter plus bike. I like bikes that pull like a train, in any gear, at any time, that have a little bit of size to them, and a little bit of weight. When I roll the throttle on, I want the scenery to go blurring by..now. Don't want to wait for the revs to pick up. I don't want the power band of a 2 stroke in a 4 stroke. I want the power to be linear, building like a long low slope. When I'm rolling down the road at 55 in high gear and hit a little Burg with a 35 mph speed limit I just want to slow down to 35 cruise thru and then roll it back up to 55 when coming out the other side, without downshifting. Liter bike torque baby!

There used to be lots of them..GS Suzukis, XS Yamahas, KZ Kawasakis and CB Hondas. I was afraid the manufacturers would quit making them. Instead there seems to be a resurgence of this type of bike. Yamaha and Suzuki have both announce big " road burners" and of course thank goodness we have the CB 1100. Figure Kaw will be bringing their big Zrex back soon too. Great bike. They won't want to be left out of the market.

Thank goodness they are making a comeback!
Ferret - where does the 2014 CB1100 DLX rank among the many, many bikes you've had the remarkable opportunity to ride?

And to your last point, this is what Kawasaki is bringing to Europe in 2015, a 1300cc inline 4:

908639e628433b086479d6a6ec31b2a8.jpg


Rip off that ugly oval side plate and it looks pretty darn good. And I bet there's no speed limiter or purposeful detuning on that one. (
Ferret - where does the 2014 CB1100 DLX rank among the many, many bikes you've had the remarkable opportunity to ride?

And to your last point, this is what Kawasaki is bringing to Europe in 2015, a 1300cc inline 4:

e21a92443ffbe950a87b5d13e2e1e327.jpg


Rip off that ugly oval side plate and it looks pretty darn good. And I bet there's no speed limiter or purposeful detuning on that one. (

OK so I'm going to state the obvious here.....

That is a Yamaha. :hello:
 
Thread starter
Honestly the CB 1100 is the best all around motorcycle I can remember riding. Its got the best fueling, probably the second best brakes (the BMW R1200R ranked 1st for me) , handling that is above average but not stellar, the second most linear power band (GS1100E ranked first for me...what a tractor) the second best ergos,( behind my 77 KZ1000), the best clutch and transmission, the smoothest motor, and stunning good looks.( esp the DLX but I am biased on that point). Total the points and it's the best overall IMO. Others may rank bikes differently.

I have not ridden the Euro 1300 Yamaha. I have ridden the 1250 Suzuki. I'll be riding a ZRX 1200 next week. I have ridden the XS 1100 Yamaha, and the VMax, and the CBX ( which is way cool and sounds awesome but for a daily rider I'd rather have a CB 1100) and all iterations of the Honda CB 750/900/1000/1100 series.
 
Randy B_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I have ridden many...many motorcycles. Worked in the industry from 1972 to 1989 and rode about everything produced during that time period from Japan, England and Italy. I test ride a lot of bikes even now since I live near a shop that lets me test drive anything on the lot or in the building, any time I want. A new model comes out, I go test ride it (Honda or Yamaha). They get something in used I haven't ridden, where's my helmet? be back shortly. I go to Demo days and ride everything they have, from R-1s to Strykers, from Piaggio 3 wheeled scooters to Can Am Spyders. I will ride anything.

Additionally we have 13 members in our family who ride. I get to ride all their bikes as well. My sons Ducati 696, my nephews NC 700X, my daughter in laws Ninja 300, another nephews SV 650, and another nephews KTM 690 duke, my brothers Triumph 790 (which used to be mine)

If a friend offers me a ride on his bike, chances are I will be back in 15 minutes. I've ridden Versys, and Vstroms, and R1150 and R1200R Beemers, and and Guzzi Brevas

I like ALL motorcycles!

But....the bike I find MOST satisfying to ride is a big torquey inline 4 cylinder liter plus bike. I like bikes that pull like a train, in any gear, at any time, that have a little bit of size to them, and a little bit of weight. When I roll the throttle on, I want the scenery to go blurring by..now. Don't want to wait for the revs to pick up. I don't want the power band of a 2 stroke in a 4 stroke. I want the power to be linear, building like a long low slope. When I'm rolling down the road at 55 in high gear and hit a little Burg with a 35 mph speed limit I just want to slow down to 35 cruise thru and then roll it back up to 55 when coming out the other side, without downshifting. Liter bike torque baby!

There used to be lots of them..GS Suzukis, XS Yamahas, KZ Kawasakis and CB Hondas. I was afraid the manufacturers would quit making them. Instead there seems to be a resurgence of this type of bike. Yamaha and Suzuki have both announce big " road burners" and of course thank goodness we have the CB 1100. Figure Kaw will be bringing their big Zrex back soon too. Great bike. They won't want to be left out of the market.

Thank goodness they are making a comeback!
Ferret - where does the 2014 CB1100 DLX rank among the many, many bikes you've had the remarkable opportunity to ride?

And to your last point, this is what Kawasaki is bringing to Europe in 2015, a 1300cc inline 4:

908639e628433b086479d6a6ec31b2a8.jpg


Rip off that ugly oval side plate and it looks pretty darn good. And I bet there's no speed limiter or purposeful detuning on that one. (
Ferret - where does the 2014 CB1100 DLX rank among the many, many bikes you've had the remarkable opportunity to ride?

And to your last point, this is what Kawasaki is bringing to Europe in 2015, a 1300cc inline 4:

e21a92443ffbe950a87b5d13e2e1e327.jpg


Rip off that ugly oval side plate and it looks pretty darn good. And I bet there's no speed limiter or purposeful detuning on that one. (

OK so I'm going to state the obvious here.....

That is a Yamaha. :hello:
Randy, I was just checking to see if you were paying attention. :dodgy:
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I have ridden many...many motorcycles. Worked in the industry from 1972 to 1989 and rode about everything produced during that time period from Japan, England and Italy. I test ride a lot of bikes even now since I live near a shop that lets me test drive anything on the lot or in the building, any time I want. A new model comes out, I go test ride it (Honda or Yamaha). They get something in used I haven't ridden, where's my helmet? be back shortly. I go to Demo days and ride everything they have, from R-1s to Strykers, from Piaggio 3 wheeled scooters to Can Am Spyders. I will ride anything.

Additionally we have 13 members in our family who ride. I get to ride all their bikes as well. My sons Ducati 696, my nephews NC 700X, my daughter in laws Ninja 300, another nephews SV 650, and another nephews KTM 690 duke, my brothers Triumph 790 (which used to be mine)

If a friend offers me a ride on his bike, chances are I will be back in 15 minutes. I've ridden Versys, and Vstroms, and R1150 and R1200R Beemers, and and Guzzi Brevas

I like ALL motorcycles!

But....the bike I find MOST satisfying to ride is a big torquey inline 4 cylinder liter plus bike. I like bikes that pull like a train, in any gear, at any time, that have a little bit of size to them, and a little bit of weight. When I roll the throttle on, I want the scenery to go blurring by..now. Don't want to wait for the revs to pick up. I don't want the power band of a 2 stroke in a 4 stroke. I want the power to be linear, building like a long low slope. When I'm rolling down the road at 55 in high gear and hit a little Burg with a 35 mph speed limit I just want to slow down to 35 cruise thru and then roll it back up to 55 when coming out the other side, without downshifting. Liter bike torque baby!

There used to be lots of them..GS Suzukis, XS Yamahas, KZ Kawasakis and CB Hondas. I was afraid the manufacturers would quit making them. Instead there seems to be a resurgence of this type of bike. Yamaha and Suzuki have both announce big " road burners" and of course thank goodness we have the CB 1100. Figure Kaw will be bringing their big Zrex back soon too. Great bike. They won't want to be left out of the market.

Thank goodness they are making a comeback!
Ferret - where does the 2014 CB1100 DLX rank among the many, many bikes you've had the remarkable opportunity to ride?

And to your last point, this is what Kawasaki is bringing to Europe in 2015, a 1300cc inline 4:

908639e628433b086479d6a6ec31b2a8.jpg


Rip off that ugly oval side plate and it looks pretty darn good. And I bet there's no speed limiter or purposeful detuning on that one. (
Ferret - where does the 2014 CB1100 DLX rank among the many, many bikes you've had the remarkable opportunity to ride?

And to your last point, this is what Kawasaki is bringing to Europe in 2015, a 1300cc inline 4:

e21a92443ffbe950a87b5d13e2e1e327.jpg


Rip off that ugly oval side plate and it looks pretty darn good. And I bet there's no speed limiter or purposeful detuning on that one. (

OK so I'm going to state the obvious here.....

That is a Yamaha. :hello:
Randy, I was just checking to see if you were paying attention. :dodgy:
Randy, I was just checking to see if you were paying attention. :dodgy:
:D
 
I actually much prefer the 2014 (and before...) Yamaha XJR1300 we have had here in Euroland:

0e7415c5da4db9c360843fc1619032da.jpg


Although I am sure I have not tried as many bikes as Ferret, I also a bit of a serial tester, and I love to ride just about any bike. However, unlike Ferret, my favourite type of bike has always been torquey twins like what Ducati have specialized in. The Japanese twins were not bad either with the obvious Honda RC51, VTRs etc. I also really liked the Yamaha TRX, although not so much the TDM.

The CB11 is the first in-line four that I have bought, and before trying it I really didn't think I would like it. Well, I guess I am at that stage in my life where smoothness becomes more important to brute force....
 
Thread starter
You know Henrik most of the V twins (not transverse) I have ridden have been American HD's, and although lots of people obviously love them, I find them quite lacking. Vibration make them un pleasurable for me. Still I owned 6 of them, always thinking the next would be better. they never got better. Finally gave up on them.

I sold Ducatis for a number of years, (also Moto Guzzis) and rode many but they just never endeared themselves to me. Too quirky. My son always wanted a Ducati, so in 2009 he finally got one. I have ridden his 696 Monster numerous times. Maybe it's just the motor is too too small but you have to rev it above 6000 to get anything out of it. It's like riding his wifes Ninja 300. let the revs drop below 6k and you'd better be downshifting or it will start bucking. Same with my buddies V Strom 1000 that I've ridden. Hardly the torque monster V twins people keep talking about. The Guzzi 850 transverse V I've ridden was torquey. But again, too quirky for me.
 
If you ever get the chance to try one of the modern Moto Morinis, like the Corsaro or the Scrambler (all based on the same engine but with different mapping), you should. In my opinion, one of the best twins ever produced. For sure, below 2000rpm it is no good, but from there on it is simply amazing. The more recent Ducatis I agree need to be revved too high, and this is also why I preferred the ST2 over the more powerful ST4 and ST4s. I would ride it between 3 and 5k revs and it was just full of power.

I agree about HD's though. Never liked them, but it is more because I just don't like to ride cruisers. My dad had a Heritage Softail which looked good, but I hated to ride it. Tried all the others, even the V-Rod, and it is just no for me.

Oh yeah, the R9T is also a sweet twin. Previous BMW airheads never really did it for me like the R1100S which I really wanted to like.

But I suppose that after 30 years of riding twins, I know can look forward to another 30 years of riding four in lines! :)
 
Thread starter
If someone ever offers me a ride on ANY Moto Morini 3 1/2 on up, You bet I'm riding it! Lol
 
I do likes me the inline 4's. But overall, the Triumph Triple, in every form, is my favorite, and by a good margin. I prefer a wide torque band, smoothness across the range, little vibration, and less of the bucking 'character' that Ducati v-twins provide. The triple has it all, and I've got them in 800, 885, and 1050 sizes.

I sold my ZRX1200, which was a fantastic retro, to buy a 2012 Speed Triple. I can't rave enough about the overall engine and handling package, the perfect feulling and rheostat- like throttle, and with the Arrow cans, the sound. I know there are more sophisticated roadsters out there now, but on the road, for most riders, like me, who aren't scraping knees, it's pretty ideal.

I really want to try a KTM V-twin, to see if it is as good as the write ups, the BMW S1000R, and the new VFR. Ferret, I envy your access, perhaps you can start a thread section just about your tests!
 
Ferret,

Have you ridden the Yamaha FJR 1300? How does it compare to the ST1300?
 
Thread starter
Capo..one series of bikes I have not ridden are the new Triumph triples ( had a BSA 750 triple years ago but doubt there is any comparison). Part of the problem for me is they are so tall, but I have a friend with the 800 and will try and get a ride someday.

I have ridden the Yamaha FZ-09 triple, but didn't like it very much. Also rode the old Yamaha XS750 Triple. I liked the Europeanish 77 model, but not as much as the XS1100 I4

Funny story..when I rode my nephews KTM 690 Duke it was so tall, he held it up, I climbed on put it in gear and took off, and when I came back, they caught me and held it still while I climbed off. If I were 6' tall that would open up a whole new world of motorcycles I could own.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ferret,

Have you ridden the Yamaha FJR 1300? How does it compare to the ST1300?

Popgun, I've ridden several FJR's. a bike that on paper sounds perfect for me. Especially since I loved my G en 1 FZ-1 enough to buy 2 of them. I thought the FJR would be a better FZ-1. In 06 I test rode one for 60 miles, with the intention of buying one. My wife loved it. Me not so much. It was tall, and top heavy, and I didn't feel confident cornering with it. It had a strong throttle spring and a moderately strong clutch pull. It wore me out. I brought it back and ordered an ST 1300 without a test ride. The ST has been a great touring bike.

Earlier this year I rode one of the new FJR1300ES. The clutch and throttle were better, but it still felt tall and top heavy. I had ridden my ST 1300 to the test ride, and when riding it home I still felt it was the better bike for me for touring long distance. The CB 1100 is better than both for everyday riding.

My buddy with the 800 Triumph had sold his Goldwing and bought an FJR. Got a text a couple days ago that he never bonded with the FJR and traded it in on a BMW R1200RT.
 
I too like the Triumph triples. I spent a lot of time on a Sprint RS which I thought was a great bike, and the engine was very nice. Still, at the time I more enjoyed the Italian twins.

As to the KTMs, I have tried pretty much all their big twins and I am not a fan. When I first tried the Super Duke I was actually really disappointed because all the magazines had made it out to be this incredible beast, and I thought it was only so-so. Then I tried the Corsaro, and I found out what a twin should really be like! Also, I really wanted an RC8. I had been reading about it, loved the looks, and figured as a sports bike it should be perfect for a tall person like me. Well, I suppose the early models lacked refining, but there again it was just no. I had the money ready, but left the shop without the bike.
 
I had a Triumph Tiger 1050 for 5 years and it was a fine bike with an engine that made generous torque throughout the rev range. The sound it made was the best part however. A triple at full song is hard to match for sound, fabulous. My only problem with my Tiger was it's height. I'm 5'6" and with my arthritis getting worse I needed a bike with a lower seat. Next bike was a Guzzi 1100 Breva which I mistakenly thought would have a good torque spread but no. Below 4K it was gutless and the engine was smooth as long as you kept the revs up, 4K or better. The CB1100 has proved perfect for me. Outstanding torque spread, good handling at any sane speed and a seat height that allows me to get my feet down comfortably. It's a keeper.
 
Thanks for the info Ferret.

I looked at the FJR this spring, but it was so tall I wasn't really wanting it. Was going to consider dealing on it though when Ridem's ST came along and I got a good deal on it. Never could get my Honda dealer interested in getting an ST so they didn't get to sell me one.

I agree with you that on the road I want the ST, but around town and the local area, I want the CB!
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have ridden many...many motorcycles. Worked in the industry from 1972 to 1989 and rode about everything produced during that time period from Japan, England and Italy. I test ride a lot of bikes even now since I live near a shop that lets me test drive anything on the lot or in the building, any time I want. A new model comes out, I go test ride it (Honda or Yamaha). They get something in used I haven't ridden, where's my helmet? be back shortly. I go to Demo days and ride everything they have, from R-1s to Strykers, from Piaggio 3 wheeled scooters to Can Am Spyders. I will ride anything.

Additionally we have 13 members in our family who ride. I get to ride all their bikes as well. My sons Ducati 696, my nephews NC 700X, my daughter in laws Ninja 300, another nephews SV 650, and another nephews KTM 690 duke, my brothers Triumph 790 (which used to be mine)

If a friend offers me a ride on his bike, chances are I will be back in 15 minutes. I've ridden Versys, and Vstroms, and R1150 and R1200R Beemers, and and Guzzi Brevas

I like ALL motorcycles!

But....the bike I find MOST satisfying to ride is a big torquey inline 4 cylinder liter plus bike. I like bikes that pull like a train, in any gear, at any time, that have a little bit of size to them, and a little bit of weight. When I roll the throttle on, I want the scenery to go blurring by..now. Don't want to wait for the revs to pick up. I don't want the power band of a 2 stroke in a 4 stroke. I want the power to be linear, building like a long low slope. When I'm rolling down the road at 55 in high gear and hit a little Burg with a 35 mph speed limit I just want to slow down to 35 cruise thru and then roll it back up to 55 when coming out the other side, without downshifting. Liter bike torque baby!

There used to be lots of them..GS Suzukis, XS Yamahas, KZ Kawasakis and CB Hondas. I was afraid the manufacturers would quit making them. Instead there seems to be a resurgence of this type of bike. Yamaha and Suzuki have both announce big " road burners" and of course thank goodness we have the CB 1100. Figure Kaw will be bringing their big Zrex back soon too. Great bike. They won't want to be left out of the market.

Thank goodness they are making a comeback!
I recall that Yammie announced a facelift for the 20 yr. old XJR (still Euro/Japan only). Did I miss something from Suzuki? They discontinued the Bandit and the GSX1400 (again Euro/Japan only) years ago I hadn't heard that they were getting back into the "big standard" business.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I have ridden many...many motorcycles. Worked in the industry from 1972 to 1989 and rode about everything produced during that time period from Japan, England and Italy. I test ride a lot of bikes even now since I live near a shop that lets me test drive anything on the lot or in the building, any time I want. A new model comes out, I go test ride it (Honda or Yamaha). They get something in used I haven't ridden, where's my helmet? be back shortly. I go to Demo days and ride everything they have, from R-1s to Strykers, from Piaggio 3 wheeled scooters to Can Am Spyders. I will ride anything.

Additionally we have 13 members in our family who ride. I get to ride all their bikes as well. My sons Ducati 696, my nephews NC 700X, my daughter in laws Ninja 300, another nephews SV 650, and another nephews KTM 690 duke, my brothers Triumph 790 (which used to be mine)

If a friend offers me a ride on his bike, chances are I will be back in 15 minutes. I've ridden Versys, and Vstroms, and R1150 and R1200R Beemers, and and Guzzi Brevas

I like ALL motorcycles!

But....the bike I find MOST satisfying to ride is a big torquey inline 4 cylinder liter plus bike. I like bikes that pull like a train, in any gear, at any time, that have a little bit of size to them, and a little bit of weight. When I roll the throttle on, I want the scenery to go blurring by..now. Don't want to wait for the revs to pick up. I don't want the power band of a 2 stroke in a 4 stroke. I want the power to be linear, building like a long low slope. When I'm rolling down the road at 55 in high gear and hit a little Burg with a 35 mph speed limit I just want to slow down to 35 cruise thru and then roll it back up to 55 when coming out the other side, without downshifting. Liter bike torque baby!

There used to be lots of them..GS Suzukis, XS Yamahas, KZ Kawasakis and CB Hondas. I was afraid the manufacturers would quit making them. Instead there seems to be a resurgence of this type of bike. Yamaha and Suzuki have both announce big " road burners" and of course thank goodness we have the CB 1100. Figure Kaw will be bringing their big Zrex back soon too. Great bike. They won't want to be left out of the market.

Thank goodness they are making a comeback!
I recall that Yammie announced a facelift for the 20 yr. old XJR (still Euro/Japan only). Did I miss something from Suzuki? They discontinued the Bandit and the GSX1400 (again Euro/Japan only) years ago I hadn't heard that they were getting back into the "big standard" business.
I recall that Yammie announced a facelift for the 20 yr. old XJR (still Euro/Japan only). Did I miss something from Suzuki? They discontinued the Bandit and the GSX1400 (again Euro/Japan only) years ago I hadn't heard that they were getting back into the "big standard" business.
Yes Suzuki is bringing back the Bandit 1250 shown at Intermot show. Not sure it will make it to the states but I imagine it will.

Intermot 2014: 2015 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS
 
The Bandit is a really great bike that should be in the US line up. I wonder if Honda CB1100 sales have had an influence on other makers.
 
Back
Top