Motorcycle Show - Dallas, Texas

Thanks for the heads up Jedd, probably be some members that can take advantage of that
 
I'm actually thinking about going bow that I've seen this. Should be useful for someone about to jump back into the industry. If I go alone and the weather permits, might be cool to ride (staying off the interstate). Otherwise, I'll jump in the truck and try to drag dear ol' dad with me.
 
My dad and I jumped in the truck and drove up to Dallas to check out the show. I failed to get any photos. There were too many people crawling all over the bikes to really do much photography. My skills are lacking anyway, so Google will be a better source of images.

Thanks to Jedd for the tip on the promo code.

They had a 2014 Standard on display. The big star of the Honda booth was the new Africa Twin. The tube tires and 21 inch front wheel are big turn-off for me as a mostly pavement rider. Another big problem I had was the grab handles for the rear cargo rack are huge and stick wayyyyy out. It caught my left knee and OUCH!

The VFR1200X is much more my speed with tubeless spoke wheels, shaft drive, and lots of wind protection. I'm gonna be test riding one ares soon as my new employer gets one that isn't sold.

Lots of wild custom Harley stuff, some vintage rides, and tons of vendors. The Victory Project 156 Pikes Peak bike was on display as we're the Victory Ignition and Combustion concepts.

I was also happy to throw a leg over the new Yamaha XSR900. The Kenny Roberts livery looks great. Sorry, too lazy to post stock photos for reference.

Good show and I can't wait to get my hands on more of these bikes in the coming months.
 
Im anxious to see the VFR1200x.
 
:hello:
jedd_imp said:
Undecided, did you sit on the Africa Twin? If you did , is seat height about the same as your Vstrom?
Yes, it felt similar to the stock seat height of a DL650. Honda is narrower, so the actual measurement might be slightly taller. The spec sheet says it's a few ticks over 500 lbs where the Strom is supposed to be about 480, but it sure didn't feel any heavier.

Take all this with a grain of salt if you're under 6 feet tall. I'm long legged and cam flat foot on just about anything. Still, I was struck by how manageable it felt.

Just watch that rear rack if you ever swing a leg over. It caught my knee and hurt like a son of gun.
 
We went yesterday afternoon. I loved the red, white & black Africa Twin but I love my CB more. After my KLR650 I'm just not comfortable on a tall heavy bike so I didn't sit on it.

I was pleased to see a CB1100; I think Honda is still trying to keep interest in it. I "rode" a NCX700 on a wheeled stand with the DCT (dual clutch transmission) to understand the concept. Neat idea but alot of switches and buttons to move from auto to manual. The Montesa/Honda trials bike with the added seat was cool.

Some beautiful customs, and restorations from VJMC (vintage japanese motorcycle club). The Yamahas In the yellow and black 60th Anniversary trim were beautiful. I looked at electric jacket and glove liners 'cause I enjoy riding my CB in all weather but tired of frozen fingertips.

Overall a really good show.

4fdaafc0c0e162f16b82c4ea6d3d517a.jpg


8d4c6741105074ea694de255af7b7f6d.jpg
 
Back
Top