Motorcycle shippers

Griso Guy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Anyone have a positive experience with motorcycle shipping companies? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a bike in Sacramento and ship it to Arizona. Thanks in advance.
 
888 Haul Bikes (Daily Direct) has never let me down. Always professional and reliable. Takes a while based on logistics, but I've done 5 bikes with them and all good experiences.
 
I had an excellent job done by Keyboard Motorcycle Shippers.
I also had a good job done by U-Ship, but a buyer of one of my motorcycles a few years ago had a nightmare courtesy of U-Ship.
The dimwit driver never secured the bike properly and it fell over in the semi trailer causing $5,000 in damage. Keyboard uses its own wheeled mini pallet and it cant fall over.

Whoever you use, check their online feedback and ratings, and insure the bike on your end prior to pickup. My buyers insurance co. paid him, and then went after the U-Ship driver.
 
I had a Harley shipped from FLA to Cape Cod and i found a local guy who did nothing but haul bikes. It was a good experience and he was the only one that handled the bike, no employees. The palleted way was my second choice. It gets tied down on a special pallet and then gets loaded on the truck.
 
Griso Guy_imp said:
Anyone have a positive experience with motorcycle shipping companies? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a bike in Sacramento and ship it to Arizona. Thanks in advance.
Do like I did. Ride her home! I also got my bike from Sacramento and rode it home to L.A.
 
Ran it in on the ride home. Nice.
 
Thread starter
I ended up choosing a company called Motorcycle Shippers AKA JS Shippers. They picked up my Ducati ST3 in Sacramento on the 19th. Its due in Arizona between May 29th and June 1st. Rebel73, I contemplated flying to Sacramento and riding it back to AZ but the freeways in CA freak me out, they are really crowded and in lousy condition especially heading South to San Diego. Conversely the route through Reno and then South is no fun either. I have done both years ago and swore I would never ride CA again. Anyway I am in no hurry, I have two bikes in the garage now and one has to go for the Ducati to fit.
 
Is it the one from A&S? The one with only 4,100 miles on it?

I bought my 2003 Nighthawk from there, and I buy a lot of my accessories there.

 
How can someone buy a motorcycle like that and put 4100 miles on it in 8 years? Crazy. If I bought that today it would have another 4100 miles on it in June..July at the latest lol
 
Yes, Ferret, but you're a riding legend.
 
Probably the best bike Ducati ever made. I just wish they would start making STs again and not just the Multistradas for touring...
 
That appears to be an amazingly well-preserved specimen. It looks like it was just rolled out of the factory doors. You, sir, have a fleet of beautiful bikes.
 
I used UShip once. The bike was secured to the front of a car carrier, with one wheel on each car wheel ramp at the front end, sideways across the trailer, right behind the truck cab behind the mud flaps LOL. He pulled up and I thought "get what you paid for". Don't ask how we secured it with a strap all whatever like. More LOL. Bike made it to FL fine from Mass. No chips in the paint or nuthin. I used a local guy with a closed trailer next time. Heart rate was much lower when he pulled up. :-)
 
When you post your request on UShip, there's a place where you can specify that you only want a quote for an enclosed truck or enclosed trailer. Then again, with UShip, you never know what some redneck is going to arrive with.
 
Back
Top