Motorcycle Pictures. WARNING: LOTS OF THEM

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
These are some pictures from the Queensland Vintage Motor Cycle Club meet yesterday. Thanks for the invite Tezza.






















































































































































































 
Fantastic! Very diverse array of rare hardware there. What's impressive is that most look to have been ridden to the event.

It's hard to beat the Henderson for sheer rarity and unique appearance, although there were others that I don't recognize at all.
 
That is an amazing collection of classic metal! I could've spent all day drooling at that event.
 
The historical club here ride their bikes regularly. i remember following a black shadow Vincent out on to the highway one time. He saw me and gave it the beans. It was pretty quick but no match for my Z1 Kawasaki.
 
Fantastic. Even a few I didn't recognize.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Very nice . Lov the CBX and the 350 FOUR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love them all, but have to agree with Ridem - CBX and 350 Four always fascinate me. Like those old Indians, too!
 
Thread starter
The CB350 Four was in really good condition. The guy also restored the little pink Yamaha next to it. His partner was riding that.
 
Loved the pictures! I hope what I am posting here is appropriate for this thread:
When I scrolled down the pictures, I came to the Indian Chiefs. At this time, that is very sentimental to me. When my Dad came home from World War II, he bought an Indian Chief. He loved that bike, even more than his HD he rode before the war. He often said he regretted selling the Indian when he married my mother. Fast forward, when I was 16 years old, my Dad was instrumental convincing my Mom allowing me to get my first bike, a used 1965 Honda CA95.
I lost my Dad 25 September 2016. A couple of days before he died, we talked about his HD and Indian. After I came home and things settled down, my inner yearning for an in-line 4 cylinder Honda came back strong. This time, I acted on it and went and ordered my new CB1100! Thanks Dad!

BTW: Did you notice some of the Honda CBs had RLETs!
 
Superb as always, Cormanus. I saw an old Indian single in the window at the mall the other day. Some little clothing store. That's marketing for ya!
 
Thread starter
suhawk, yes, what you posted is fine. It's a great story. Condolences on the loss of your father.

I hadn't noticed the RLETs, but when I went back and looked I saw that some of them are original—they had a longer shaft than the new fangled ones.
 
Thread starter
Way too young.
 
Back
Top