motorcycle magazines refund

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Today I received a refund for unsend copies of English motor cycle magazines from Motorsport Publications based in Wisconsin . The letter said that they no longer will deal in magazines from the UK. At least they send me a refund for subscriptions paid , better than Consumer Motor Cycle , they never send the money back I paid them for a 3 year subscription . In the spring of 2020 I took out a 3 year subscription for a USA based MINI magazine and I NEVER got the first issue as they went out of business as well. Covid must have played havoc with the magazine business .
 
Yea it did, a magazine has rarely hit mu mailbox in the last 6 months. Road Runner still makes it here.
 
Huh. Oh yeah, I never got a refund for my MCN subscription either. But, if a publisher goes belly up, not likely that they'd have funds to repay anyone, no matter what they promise.

Also made me think - I've received Hemmings Classic Car in my mailbox every month for as long as I can remember, but I haven't renewed my subscription for at least a few years now.

Such is the publishing industry. Or what's left of it.
 
Rider Magazine seems to be back on track with a new editor and less Clement Salvadori (retired). Print issues have started coming again and my subscription was extended. Motorcycle Classics and Roadrunner never missed a beat.
 
Indypikes_imp said:
Rider Magazine seems to be back on track with a new editor and less Clement Salvadori (retired). Print issues have started coming again and my subscription was extended. Motorcycle Classics and Roadrunner never missed a beat.
Encouraging and congratulations.

Clement is now retired, or part-time working for the magazine?
 
Rider has ben coming to me in digital form for several months - even though I subscribe to a print copy. Now that Clement has retired I'm less interested in keeping it even if it comes back to a print version. We'll see.
I also subscribe to two British magazines that are shipped from England. The issues are getting here, but are at least a couple of months behind. I think it's Canada Post that's not giving magazines much priority and not the magazine company.
 
Thread starter
I have the same problems , my bike magazines from England are very slow coming but my Performance MINI magazine comes very quickly and my wife's UK version of Country Living also comes on time . What gives ?
 
Houtman_imp said:
I have the same problems , my bike magazines from England are very slow coming but my Performance MINI magazine comes very quickly and my wife's UK version of Country Living also comes on time . What gives ?
(*sigh*) No demand for motorcycles and associated farkles. Riding is too dangerous.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I have the same problems , my bike magazines from England are very slow coming but my Performance MINI magazine comes very quickly and my wife's UK version of Country Living also comes on time . What gives ?
(*sigh*) No demand for motorcycles and associated farkles. Riding is too dangerous.
I don't think that is it, I think YouTube and the internet has killed print magazines. There is so much free content from all sorts of creative people a lot of people just gave up paying for print.
 
Tev62_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I have the same problems , my bike magazines from England are very slow coming but my Performance MINI magazine comes very quickly and my wife's UK version of Country Living also comes on time . What gives ?
(*sigh*) No demand for motorcycles and associated farkles. Riding is too dangerous.
I don't think that is it, I think YouTube and the internet has killed print magazines. There is so much free content from all sorts of creative people a lot of people just gave up paying for print.
Well, yeah. Besides, why have that when you can have magazine, "Homes & Gardens"? ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
I agree with Tev62. The magazine market the world over has taken a battering in recent years.
 
Back
Top