motorcycle icon in 2014 instrument panel?

Riko_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Strangely I couldnt find anything in the manual about this icon

715f6edf495090ba6ba994c98a63225e.jpg


What does it mean?

is this another only Japanese function that the rest of the world doesnt get?
Like the Japanese heates grips logo on the dash...
 
Mine doesn't have that US 2014 DLX
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Mine doesn't have that US 2014 DLX
LongRanger_imp said:
I don't have it on my US-spec '14 DLX, nor could I find it in the factory service manual. Hmm.
be aware we dont get the heated grip icon light up when using oir grips....but we do have that icon....

you also should see this bike icon on startup...watch and see very carefully :)
I suspect its an JAPAN only option as well, maybe for the oem alarm system.


if i remember its just next to the heated grip icon

edit: on this Japan spec bike I dont see it either
 
Thread starter
okay, the logo wont lit on startup, unlike the heated grips logo wich will light up, bit is never used, except on Japanese bikes.

so while the bike logo never lits up, the preparation is there
 
I can see it in the back round (doesn't lite up) on my 2014 STD. The heated grip light comes on for a second at the first turn of the key. There does seem to be a lot going on back there becides the normal stuff.
 
Thread starter
My dealer didnt even knew about the totally different working of the OEM grips between Japan and basically the rest of the world.

The operation on their version is so high tech (see vid link above) I wished they wouldn't differentiate and gave us the basic low tech operation.

But hey low tech is also tech and at least they do a perfect job at heating up!
 
Back
Top