Motorcycle Cover

zippooriginal_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I need to buy a new cover for my CB. I cheaped out and got one from Walmart. In recent high winds (40mph) I had the cover more than tied down sufficiently. It didn't go anywhere but was ripped to shreds.
This time around I'd like to get a quality cover that will stand up to the elements.
Any advice on covers would be much appreciated. Thanks.
 
When we had our store we sold COVERMAX covers. It was a Dist. house brand .
Made well but a little less money then some of the name brands.
We made good profit from them also.
 
8d9a52cb2e43c67df39062ea50531146.jpg


I got this on eBay.
Oxford Umbratex.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
MMC_imp said:
8d9a52cb2e43c67df39062ea50531146.jpg


I got this on eBay.
Oxford Umbratex.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that more of a sun cover?
 
One word; Covercraft.
I've used Covercraft covers for decades (yes, I'm a really old fart)
Before I retired, back in the day when I rode to "work" daily, a Covercraft cover was always on my bike during the day.
People are always commenting on how "clean" my bikes look... that's in part thanks to Covercraft.

DISCLAIMER: No, I do not work for Covercraft, I just really like their products.
 
I live on the California coast and have had California Car Covers on my Valkyrie and my Porsche. They have protected both from the salt air. I highly recommend them.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I have to pass on info on something I found.
I was looking for a cycle cover for my CB that was going to have to be left outside. I have no covered shelter. After looking into covers, I found something that more than fits the bill. It's called "Shelter in a box" Doesn't sound very glamorous, however it fits the bill better than any cover. It is a completely enclosed shelter which is waterproof, and treated to resist UV. Made of a few layers of ??
It also hides my CB from prying eyes who don't know what is inside, unlike a cycle cover. Also it's a hell of a lot more convenient. I can ride into and roll out of it in a few seconds using the zippered door, instead of covering and uncovering it every time. It also keeps the dust out. I love this thing.
Cost was $175. Also because I live in a high wind area, cost me another $50 to add weighted filled concrete buckets to insure the empty enclosure would not be swept away in the wind if my CB wasn't in it. Man this has been such a good deal.
 
Thread starter
About the gloves, the best pair of gloves I ever owned were summer
unlined heavy duty horse lined gloves. I would LOVE to get another pair.
 
It seems like there was a thread that talked about a system similar to Shelter in a Box early on (maybe the first year of this forum?) I thought it was someone who was located near the ocean and was using it to try and help prevent corrosion. Does that ring a bell with any of you other old-timers here on the forum?

FYI zippooriginal, I tried to fix your last post by removing the repeated content from your original post, leaving just the glove stuff. I also merged your two related threads into one
 
Guth, there certainly are other posts about a similar system where you rode the bike into a kind of tent. I can’t do it now, but I’ll have a look when I can.
 
Back
Top