MotoGP

Certainly going to be interesting. The mfgs have spent the last few years perfecting their 1000cc bikes, hp, geometry, aero, ride height, launch control, etc, now everyone has to start basically all over again. Back in 07? when they mandated 800cc there were a lot of complaints, particularly from larger riders and fans, because they made the bikes physically smaller. Will be interesting to see how they proceed this time.
 
Thread starter
Yeah. I'll watch with considerable interest. How link did the 800cc limit last? Only a couple of years wasn't it?
 
Yea just a couple of years. Failed experiment.
 
Thread starter
Be interesting to see whether history repeats.
 
Found out recently that an industry friend now works for the AMA MotoAmerica series. He's going to set me up with passes to the Laguna Seca event in July. Looking forward to it, and wonder if there might be a career change opportunity in there somewhere. Not as a rider, of course, but you never know.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Found out recently that an industry friend now works for the AMA MotoAmerica series. He's going to set me up with passes to the Laguna Seca event in July. Looking forward to it, and wonder if there might be a career change opportunity in there somewhere. Not as a rider, of course, but you never know.
In the early sixties I was stationed at Travis Air Force Base and a friend and I drove my 1957 Plymouth Fury to a race at Laguna Seca. It was an epic day. In those days we found a place to sit in the grass not far from the track and watch the cars race by. When we went back to my car, it was covered in, I kid you not, three inches of dust from the road we parked on. I remember Stirling Moss and Dan Gurney were a couple of the drivers, but it was a long time ago. Maybe Phil Hill, but I'm not sure now. One of the greatest days of my life.
 
Laguna Seca is just off of either the 1 or the 101 between Salinas and Monterey.

If I’m riding up or down the coast, I tend to swing by the track especially if I see car transporters on the highway. If whatever event taking place isn’t super formal, a guy on a motorcycle riding with a “Thank you, I know where I’m going” attitude can usually go through the place and into the pits without being stopped. Fun to check out what’s going on.

Last time I did that, I caught the wine and caviar crowd for the Monterey Historic race.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Laguna Seca is just off of either the 1 or the 101 between Salinas and Monterey.

If I’m riding up or down the coast, I tend to swing by the track especially if I see car transporters on the highway. If whatever event taking place isn’t super formal, a guy on a motorcycle riding with a “Thank you, I know where I’m going” attitude can usually go through the place and into the pits without being stopped. Fun to check out what’s going on.

Last time I did that, I caught the wine and caviar crowd for the Monterey Historic race.
In 1969 I flew out of Travis AFB to South East Asia. There was no wine or caviar on the flight.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Laguna Seca is just off of either the 1 or the 101 between Salinas and Monterey.

If I’m riding up or down the coast, I tend to swing by the track especially if I see car transporters on the highway. If whatever event taking place isn’t super formal, a guy on a motorcycle riding with a “Thank you, I know where I’m going” attitude can usually go through the place and into the pits without being stopped. Fun to check out what’s going on.

Last time I did that, I caught the wine and caviar crowd for the Monterey Historic race.
In 1969 I flew out of Travis AFB to South East Asia. There was no wine or caviar on the flight.
Right! I think they stopped that in about 1963, Charlie Bravo. :D
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Laguna Seca is just off of either the 1 or the 101 between Salinas and Monterey.

If I’m riding up or down the coast, I tend to swing by the track especially if I see car transporters on the highway. If whatever event taking place isn’t super formal, a guy on a motorcycle riding with a “Thank you, I know where I’m going” attitude can usually go through the place and into the pits without being stopped. Fun to check out what’s going on.

Last time I did that, I caught the wine and caviar crowd for the Monterey Historic race.
In 1969 I flew out of Travis AFB to South East Asia. There was no wine or caviar on the flight.
If you were on a C141, good chance my Dad was in the cockpit. If the plane went in a straight line, good chance he was sober.

And criminitly, I forgot about the AMA race at Laguna Seca! Ended up fixing a ton of stuff at Mom's, including a tragic water leak, so I guess that was time better spent all in all.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Laguna Seca is just off of either the 1 or the 101 between Salinas and Monterey.

If I’m riding up or down the coast, I tend to swing by the track especially if I see car transporters on the highway. If whatever event taking place isn’t super formal, a guy on a motorcycle riding with a “Thank you, I know where I’m going” attitude can usually go through the place and into the pits without being stopped. Fun to check out what’s going on.

Last time I did that, I caught the wine and caviar crowd for the Monterey Historic race.
In 1969 I flew out of Travis AFB to South East Asia. There was no wine or caviar on the flight.
If you were on a C141, good chance my Dad was in the cockpit. If the plane went in a straight line, good chance he was sober.

And criminitly, I forgot about the AMA race at Laguna Seca! Ended up fixing a ton of stuff at Mom's, including a tragic water leak, so I guess that was time better spent all in all.
If you were on a C141, good chance my Dad was in the cockpit. If the plane went in a straight line, good chance he was sober.

And criminitly, I forgot about the AMA race at Laguna Seca! Ended up fixing a ton of stuff at Mom's, including a tragic water leak, so I guess that was time better spent all in all.
No, it was a chartered commercial flight. The stews were all middle-aged and looked like they could use a drink.
 
Back
Top