MotoGP - Le Mans ***SPOILER ALERT***

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
MotoGP live Sunday morning starting at oh-dark-thirty on Be in Sports.

Le Mans features a lot of low gear hairpins. Grip under hard acceleration is key. This is something the factory Yamahas excel in doing. Meanwhile the Honda's continue to suffer lack of grip out of slow corners due to the aggressive engine and being slower to adapt to the new unified software.

Will Marquez over heat his tires trying to make up time in the braking zone? It could be a repeat of Jerez?

Could Rossi make it two in a row?
 
Yea baby, can't wait. Need to go program it in. Thanks CB4ME
 
It appears they are showing qualifying at 5:30 pm on Saturday and then the race at 7:30 am and again at 1:30 pm? On Sunday
 
Thread starter
FP2

LORENZO 1'32.830
IANNONE 1'33.169
MARQUEZ 1'33.313
P ESPARGARO 1'33.406
DOVIZIOSO 1'33.574
A ESPARGARO 1'33.595
VIÑALES 1'33.613
PEDROSA 1'33.748
BARBERA 1'33.951
ROSSI 1'33.974
 
Gentlemen,

One of my rides is in a shipping container headed to LeMans as I type this. Actually going to England where I'll pick it up and 7 of us will go through the Chunnel and do a lap around Europe on our way to LeMans for the 24 Hours next month.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

One of my rides is in a shipping container headed to LeMans as I type this. Actually going to England where I'll pick it up and 7 of us will go through the Chunnel and do a lap around Europe on our way to LeMans for the 24 Hours next month.

Chip
That will be a splendid trip I'm sure. Enjoy Chip.
 
Front row for tomorrow's race, Lorenzo, Marquez and Iannone.

Second row is P. Espargaro, Dovizioso and Smith.

Lorenzo set a new lap record of 1:31'.975 almost a half second faster than Marquez.
 
wow Lorenzo may indeed be the fastest rider in MotoGP as he has asserted many times lol
 
I have tried to add Spoiler Alert to the title, but so far it hasn't worked. Readers beware there may be stuff posted about the outcome of the race here.
 
Well, its working now!
 
yea I see that popgun. Don't know what happened. I tried 1/2 doz times. Normally it works first time?????

anyhow what a crash fest eh?
 
Rossi showed what he is made of. So did Lorenzo. Two kids crashed trying to keep up. Bad tire choice, trying to make up time on the brakes. Maybe Marquez and Dovizioso should install ABS.
 
redbirds_imp said:
I've never seen a double crash done with such panache. It almost seemed surreal.
Unbelievable but logical as it is a trailbraking zone. Also kudos to Vinales, Suzuki's first podium in 8 years, only second year of resuming MotoGP. Kid rode his heart out, and rode smart. Trying to catch Rossi is always hazardous; he may just have a little something in reserve.

I thought maybe someone dropped some oil or coolant but apparently not as everyone else (who was left and had not already crashed out) got through the turn OK.

Marquez on that wrecked bike dumping gravel everywhere was weird. Good slomo of that. Even a track day would not allow it. Weird, weird, weird.

I was watching on Videopass so not everyone may have seen that, don't know what is actually shown in a broadcast.
The ferret_imp said:
wow Lorenzo may indeed be the fastest rider in MotoGP as he has asserted many times lol
Rossi had the fastest lap of the race, 1:33.293

Qualifying tires are one thing. Race conditions something else.

Had Rossi qualified better he might have won the race.

One thing about Rossi, he is cautious and wiley. Rather than try to qualify on the front row he rode his bike within its limits, made a better tire choice than Marquez or Dovizioso, and exploited that. Many times race conditions allow things to get changed up. Rossi finished 10 seconds behind Lorenzo (in 28 laps) but lost far more than that at the start and having to pass several riders.

Best race I have seen in a long time.
 
Riding behind Marquez after that crash must have been like following an overloaded gravel truck. Amazing he wasn't black flagged.
 
What was the difference in tire choice between Marquez, Dovizioso, and Rossi? I thought I heard they all went with a harder front tire, but maybe I misheard.
 
Dovi, medium/soft
Marquez, hard/soft
Lorenzo, medium/soft

couldn't find Rossi's choice did not want to watch the whole video again! I thought it was medium/soft.
 
Back
Top