MotoGP 2017 in Austin TX just right around the corner...

jedd_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Took the afternoon off, went for a ride to

b0bb66f968382420c1bd48255ecc82f5.jpg


sat in the grand stands watching them all fly on by, screaming the motors down the runway.

c6181c9f04bdd8a636a7c8e6f32db236.jpg


31e33783ef123ac7e5aef28a4257e449.jpg


These two days are test days for the racing teams, so the track's open to the public, and we can walk anywhere, go anywhere...

71ce841866cabdab2e69457bcaa57b75.jpg


a0b427ecb38f3a80c69e67b23999f0cd.jpg


MOTOGP Weekend is just right around the corner. Hope you guys can make it down here, b/c
Austin's gearing up to throw one giant party just for bikers!
 
Me and the daughter are coming down for the race. We got seats in turn 15 Grandstands. Open to any tips on things to do and see. We're​ driving down and staying in Bastrop.
 
Thread starter
Things to do.....There's so much to see and do just INSIDE the COTA, so I'll just point to
the activities around Austin:

AF1 Racing will have a MotoGP Party
9900 N INTERSTATE 35, Austin, TX

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:00 PM (Come early!)
Free BBQ
Free Drinks
Music
Raffles
Aprilia Paddock Girls

And, they haven't posted it up yet, but pretty sure Ducati Austin will
also have their premiere party as well.

Last yr, I only had enough time to go the MotoGP Party at Ducati Austin. Free food, free drinks, free beer, nice give aways (Dianese jackets!)
f2ed0037f3e0ccf4b11fe961cbab1db5.jpg


and I spent Friday afternoon at Cycle Gear's tent parking lot open house. Lots & lots of in-house and tent vendor give aways. Next to Cyclegear on either side are bars & restaurants.
3b08966a9c24e5d6fda5a632d1611e77.jpg


But EVERY local M/C DEALERSHIP & Shop will have open house an/or evening parties of one kind or another.

Come night time, down town Austin is THE PLACE TO BE!
0e3481e7c3d8ddf07f928161b77f7440.jpg


The west side (of I-35) 6th, 5th & 4th St attracts the young, dancing crowd (college students);
8e79746a459abbdd210235de606f0dc9.jpg


the east 4th & 5th st side (gentrified warehouses) attracts the older crowd.
a82e4a2f3cc40a99836435b4dc397b54.jpg


During MotoGP, this custom build shop on E 5th st showcases about 100 custom built bikes from all over the region.
a0b2f7dccbe202e1cbd16ec43d1fd2be.jpg


When I went it was free to the public, and there are 3-4
open bars inside. Free parking all up and down the street for bikers.
Click here: Revival Cycles Austin TX


In their back yard, they had this setup:

wall of death:


Those who didn't get tickets... they're out cruising all day long going to and from the Hill Country, and/or hitting tight technical twisties up and down Lime Creek Rd., or just exploring all the BBQ and way too many ecclectic and int'l food trucks around town. Every weekend, there's usually some freebie to catch in town...like this one here:
[url=http://austin.carpediem.cd/events/2811186-the-austin-free-food-crawl-at-austin-tx-united-states/#m]Free Food tasting

There's a local biker sports bar off end of E. Austin to go watch MOTOGP races on cable. They'll have drink specials throughout extended hrs.

 
Wow. I wish I could see Moto GP and the Austin nightlife. My son rode down a few years ago and loved it. Very nice pics of your DLX; kinda looks like mine. LOL
 
Can you bring coolers and such into COTA? Indy was very liberal. We brought in chairs to sit on the grassy areas, coolers with beverages and food. Don't think that is the norm but I haven't been to a lot of MC race venues. Actually, I've only ever been to Indy.
 
Back
Top