Moto Guzzi v9 bobber

Bheezy27403_imp said:
I like it but, I'm not sure what makes that a "bobber".
Probably initial high-level aspects like:

* Overall flat black finish
* Fat over-sized tires
* Minimalist compared to other bikes in its class.

Minimalist enough? Not likely, but the manufacturer needs to include safety components to meet legal sales requirements.
 
Gremlin, you can read more about the V9 Bobber on Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi. Lots of favorable insights.

As the former owner of two V7's, I found them to be wonderful motorcycles, full of style and soul, and an absolute delight to ride, but the ownership experience completely let me down. You're in the same state as AF1 Racing (Austin), which I understand is a standout Guzzi dealer, and MPH Cycles in Houston is widely known for providing excellent service, but around here, the dealership network is abysmal and I never felt comfortable that I would be able to sustain a long-term relationship with either bike.

c9701ad830f12f7ed6e2cda3fdf5f6cd.jpg
 
RE dealership support: I felt the same about Aprilia products, and was ultimately instrument for my decision of the CB over the Griso.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
It's a pity, because MG's are really capable bikes.
(*sigh*) Agreed.

I have a high respect for Moto Guzzi and at times I feared they would self-extinct due to incompetent business "leaders".

Nevertheless, I do see every few weeks a rider enjoying their Guzzi, typically a V7 or V9, and sometimes the odd California and Griso. Like an ol' '70s Honda or Yamaha that refuses to die, the Guzzi's get the same admiration from me.
 
The wife likes it; what the heck more do you need? :poke:

Dealer situation. Some folks are bothered by this, others, not so much. Other than warranty work. For the most part they are very easy to work on - unless the clutch or rear engine seal needs attention then it's major work to get at things.

QC is much better but still, things happen and you wonder how in the heck they do in todays world. :) Guzzi is also very stingy with grease so many guys pull the swing arm and grease it up (some swear they just pass the parts over the grease jar :D ) and the steering head bearings. Sold my Griso before I decided have a go at it myself.

Some folks over on the Guzzi forum would complain about something on their bike and the old timers would retort "well why don't you get a Honda?!". Last time I heard that on their Facebook page I told them I did.

All in all, they are fun bikes and it may speak to you, it may not. The one thing I found a bit odd (and maybe I shouldn't) but older Guzzi's get as much if not more love than new ones. For the most part folks don't consider them "old", "out of style" or throw away machines like many Japanese bikes are treated. Go to a Guzzi rally and you'll see really old machines being ridden there. They are treated as riders, not garage queens (then again, I see too many that are old with low miles, even though 250,000 is not unheard of). They also attract the worst penny pinchers you are ever to come across - so if you are really thrifty; Guzzi could be your brand! LOL
 
Rboe_imp said:
The wife likes it; what the heck more do you need? :poke:

Dealer situation. Some folks are bothered by this, others, not so much. Other than warranty work. For the most part they are very easy to work on - unless the clutch or rear engine seal needs attention then it's major work to get at things.

QC is much better but still, things happen and you wonder how in the heck they do in todays world. :) Guzzi is also very stingy with grease so many guys pull the swing arm and grease it up (some swear they just pass the parts over the grease jar :D ) and the steering head bearings. Sold my Griso before I decided have a go at it myself.

Some folks over on the Guzzi forum would complain about something on their bike and the old timers would retort "well why don't you get a Honda?!". Last time I heard that on their Facebook page I told them I did.

All in all, they are fun bikes and it may speak to you, it may not. The one thing I found a bit odd (and maybe I shouldn't) but older Guzzi's get as much if not more love than new ones. For the most part folks don't consider them "old", "out of style" or throw away machines like many Japanese bikes are treated. Go to a Guzzi rally and you'll see really old machines being ridden there. They are treated as riders, not garage queens (then again, I see too many that are old with low miles, even though 250,000 is not unheard of). They also attract the worst penny pinchers you are ever to come across - so if you are really thrifty; Guzzi could be your brand! LOL
AS the Guzzi is made in Italy you think they use the grease in their hair ? Just a thought.....
 
Thread starter
Well
We went and looked at them today
A orange colored v9 bobber sport

Very balanced bike for the wife. She sat on it an
Immediately liked the seat height

So in all it was a good experience. We might be adding
It to the stable
 
I met a guy in Oakville, ON who had nine bikes, five were Guzzi's - and older models too. He would be out on the freeway in late December while snow flurries were fallin'. He was retired. Italian, cool as a cucumber personality. His other bikes were HDs, an '85 Honda Interceptor 500, and a Hayabusa.
 
After a string of BMWs and their expensive parts cost and particular idiosyncrasies, I perused the selection at the recently opened OC Motorcycle, a Triumph/Vespa/Guzzi dealer near John Wayne airport. I saw a Griso 8V and thought it was the most beautiful machine in their showroom. The salesman said they hadn't been selling well, an he could make me a heck of a deal.

But, something told me that going from German to Italian wouldn't be making the right move in terms of seeking a machine that was more reliable and cheaper to maintain. A week later, I was looking at my soon-to-be-mine CB.
 
Back
Top