Moto- friendly Cafes

Of those listed, I've been to The Old Spanish Trail in Bandera, TX many times. A great place for breakfast before heading into some scenic Hill Country riding.

Another favorite of mine in Medina, TX and near Bandera is The Apple Store.
http://www.lovecreekorchards.com/apple-store/

My favorite near home is Steffen's Restaurant in Kingsland, GA. Home cooking and a low price to make it even better.

774f53dc05eabb00785eb6c96b11d953.jpg
 
Dog Pile Platter sounds appetizing at Woody's lol
 
Thanks for the post, Capo. I had thought about starting a thread on this topic, but never got around to it. I will put together a post with some local moto-friendly places in my area.
 
The Hideout Saloon is tucked away in a small town called Santa Ysabel, just off of Highway 76 in our local mountains. The day I visited, there was a collection of custom choppers and Harleys parked in a row. Black, weathered skid lids hung from the bars or rested on seats. I had arrived with five other riders on a motley collection of bikes, only one of which seemed to fit the theme. My red, white and blue VFR was not that one.

We found a table inside and put in our orders. It was a cold day and although The Hideout has a nice fireplace, a group of about 6 to 8 of the biggest guys I've ever seen had already taken up positions around it. At least two of the guys had foot-long knives in sheaths strapped to their thighs. Several of their jackets had patches with the number 951. I wasn't sure what the number signified but decided I didn't want to become 952 so I decided to let them enjoy the fireplace and we would stay huddled around the table, shivering in peace.

Our waitress was quite attractive and despite the feeling that a sidewise glance held a second too long could have a disastrous effect in a place like this, I relaxed and decided to just soak it all in and let whatever was going to happen, happen. Two large dogs roamed freely from table to table. The roughnecks around the fireplace seemed to be having a good time. At the first bite of my half-pound Angus burger, I knew I'd be coming back. Fantastic. Our own group settled in nicely and soon, stories of past misadventures, bad jokes, and motorcycles flowed.

I sure could go for a ride and a burger!
 
I was at the Hideout Saloon last September: no cell phone connection, no creditcards, only cash driven and show your guns at the bar.

Very beautiful waitress and huge men with large knifes at their side. A guy in the background was playing old rock'n'roll songs.

I'm not sure, but I think, the big guys there are regular customers from the next by indian reservation.

d01628663c507e4598eb3e8433dfd327.jpg


c4cda1950b817ebc473b0c2a2917f244.jpg


20ab3dddab65e3efacf6d97ed03b676e.jpg


I really enjoyed that place and definetly will give it a visit again, whenever I'm in that area again.
 
Cafe Veloce in Kirland, Washington is a great Italian place filled with vintage single cylinder bikes. If you arrive on a motorcycle you get a discount on your food!
 
Oh man..I don't care for Italian food but I'd eat there just to look at the bikes. Very cool.
 
I've been to the Old Spanish Trail in Bandera...and got food poisoning. To be fair, nobody else in my group got sick. Also, my 11 year old stomach maybe wasn't up to the task, but I'm pretty sure it was a bad batch of fried catfish.

A popular spot in Central Texas is Bluebonnet Cafe, known for their pies. They serve a solid breakfast, too.
MG, isn't 951 an area code in So-Cal? I bet that guy was in some sort of biker club or "club" and that signifies their home area or turf. In any case, he had a huge knife which would make him someone not to cross.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
I've been to the Old Spanish Trail in Bandera...and got food poisoning. To be fair, nobody else in my group got sick. Also, my 11 year old stomach maybe wasn't up to the task, but I'm pretty sure it was a bad batch of fried catfish.

A popular spot in Central Texas is Bluebonnet Cafe, known for their pies. They serve a solid breakfast, too.
MG, isn't 951 an area code in So-Cal? I bet that guy was in some sort of biker club or "club" and that signifies their home area or turf. In any case, he had a huge knife which would make him someone not to cross.
It is. I suspected as much when I first saw it but didn't recognize it. My friend Google informed me that 951 is the area code for Temecula. When I think Temecula, I don't think big bad biker guys. I think wineries. I don't remember ever seeing these guys at any of the tastings I've attended.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
I've been to the Old Spanish Trail in Bandera...and got food poisoning. To be fair, nobody else in my group got sick. Also, my 11 year old stomach maybe wasn't up to the task, but I'm pretty sure it was a bad batch of fried catfish.

A popular spot in Central Texas is Bluebonnet Cafe, known for their pies. They serve a solid breakfast, too.
MG, isn't 951 an area code in So-Cal? I bet that guy was in some sort of biker club or "club" and that signifies their home area or turf. In any case, he had a huge knife which would make him someone not to cross.
Not sure just how moto-friendly it would be, but you could set up a Central Texas "tour of pies". After Marble Falls you could head southeast to Round Top for pie at the Round Top Cafe, and then if that isn't enough head southwest to San Antonio for more pie at Earl Abel's. I'm sure there are plenty of other options, but those are the places I remember having pie.
 
Guth_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I've been to the Old Spanish Trail in Bandera...and got food poisoning. To be fair, nobody else in my group got sick. Also, my 11 year old stomach maybe wasn't up to the task, but I'm pretty sure it was a bad batch of fried catfish.

A popular spot in Central Texas is Bluebonnet Cafe, known for their pies. They serve a solid breakfast, too.
MG, isn't 951 an area code in So-Cal? I bet that guy was in some sort of biker club or "club" and that signifies their home area or turf. In any case, he had a huge knife which would make him someone not to cross.
Not sure just how moto-friendly it would be, but you could set up a Central Texas "tour of pies". After Marble Falls you could head southeast to Round Top for pie at the Round Top Cafe, and then if that isn't enough head southwest to San Antonio for more pie at Earl Abel's. I'm sure there are plenty of other options, but those are the places I remember having pie.
Not sure just how moto-friendly it would be, but you could set up a Central Texas "tour of pies". After Marble Falls you could head southeast to Round Top for pie at the Round Top Cafe, and then if that isn't enough head southwest to San Antonio for more pie at Earl Abel's. I'm sure there are plenty of other options, but those are the places I remember having pie.
Bluebonnet Cafe is very moto friendly. I haven't run into too many places that aren't around here.

I still haven't made it to Royer's in Round Top. I'm trying to get my dad to go for a ride down that way. A few miles away is the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory. Grab pie to go in Round Top and head down the road for the a la mode.

I haven't been to Earl Abel's since they moved. I loved their fried chicken.
 
While I was out running an errand today I stopped by See See Motor Coffee company here in Portland where I enjoyed a cup of coffee and snapped a few photos with this thread in mind.

I wasn't on my bike today, but I'll start things off with an image I shot not long after I got my CB1100.

3ee9d3aa89872b405888970f4195fa0b.jpg


It's a fun place with good coffee and they always seem to be changing things up so you never what they'll have on display there. They usually have a few of their custom bike builds out on the floor. They also have an accessories shop (closed today) and I believe they still have an actual garage workshop in the back. I own way too many vinyl albums myself so I really get a kick out of their albums on display. Today they had a couple of Yamahas out for show. Here are a few images from my visit. (My apologies for the less-than-steller smartphone camera photos.)

899f60ed1b151204edb76affa00f0bcc.jpg


db004fd84a2683485d0180ef7396f385.jpg


09f316eee57f51c92e863c7a765083e2.jpg


26009bd9dedba5a360d0c59828db97cf.jpg


4a8e3a515f4fa8b2a07a33dfbaf493f0.jpg


87e858860d82141bc68c98f7baf1a7a5.jpg


cfa0f7eced3954ef22547d70d9c0408b.jpg


4b32faed9bb8cc2d2305f93f58e218e7.jpg
 
That looks good, Guth. Reminds me of Deux ex Machina in Sydney (and in the US here and there too), although yours is a bit less trendy and more my style.

This picture didn't display in your post, which is a pity because your bike is looking good!

38c04d5afb98b0bc6a726ba86663d240.jpg
 
Love the DT 400 in the window. Would love to have a 75 DT 250 to ride in bad weather.
 
Back
Top