Moto "camping"

I guess that's good.
 
Little too nippy at nights to camp here,(we had a frost warning last night) hope it's warmer down there.

Have fun, ride safe,
 
The ferret_imp said:
Little too nippy at nights to camp here,(we had a frost warning last night) hope it's warmer down there.

Have fun, ride safe,
Thats what the Army sleep system is for!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
These are from a few of my previous moto camping locations.
6f42f4ae5473d61e402da112c7ebc737.jpg
46bba58ead6ff642d7126a9609a27f31.jpg
bd5b46e598ca7788a25d4d54a2f161b4.jpg
35c201d1764997e625053ee958ae91ef.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
We did 500 miles but unfortunately my buddy is a newish rider on a Road King and wasn't comfortable doing the roads I like to do so we did a lot of the Parkway. Still fun. I will go again. The people at the Roost were very inviting and accommodating. THEY LIKE TO PARTY!
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
We did 500 miles but unfortunately my buddy is a newish rider on a Road King and wasn't comfortable doing the roads I like to do so we did a lot of the Parkway. Still fun. I will go again. The people at the Roost were very inviting and accommodating. THEY LIKE TO PARTY!
Good for him to ride his own ride.
 
Thread starter
Stichill_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
We did 500 miles but unfortunately my buddy is a newish rider on a Road King and wasn't comfortable doing the roads I like to do so we did a lot of the Parkway. Still fun. I will go again. The people at the Roost were very inviting and accommodating. THEY LIKE TO PARTY!
Good for him to ride his own ride.
Good for him to ride his own ride.
Yeah I don't ever want to push anyone beyond what they are comfortable with. It does get a little annoying when he's not doing the speed limit but I suppose it just makes me enjoy another facet of riding I don't normally do. Just sitting back and enjoying the scenery.
 
Yes, very pretty scenery.

If you go riding with an inexperienced rider you have to expect you are going to have to slow down, or he is either going to get lost behind you or crash. Especially if he is riding a Harley.

The trick, and it's hard, is to find a riding buddy that rides at your pace and likes the kind of roads you do.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yes, very pretty scenery.

If you go riding with an inexperienced rider you have to expect you are going to have to slow down, or he is either going to get lost behind you or crash. Especially if he is riding a Harley.

The trick, and it's hard, is to find a riding buddy that rides at your pace and likes the kind of roads you do.
True. I've been "that other rider"...did a TX to Guatemala to Oregon trip on my KLR650 a few years back. I'm more of the "stop to smell the roses" type--particularly on the out-bound part of a long distance trip, and my friend was more itinerary driven, wanting to get to point B each day.

It was fine while driving hiways in MX...we found a balance after a few days, but once we hit the off-road riding in Belice and Guatemala, I was made aware of just how good he was off-road, and how cautious I am on unknown dirt-mud-rock roads in the middle of nowhere.

At one point I simply encouraged him to take off and have fun and if he got to unmarked forks in the road...to wait for me...or take them. Don't know how we ended up finding each other on a few occasions (no working cell service), but we always agreed to meet at an end-of-the-day-destination town if we missed each other.

Later in the trip, he did recognize that my slower pace may have saved our lives...we stopped for a photo I wanted and just minutes after continuing we came across a mudslide that took out several vehicles that passed us while we were stopped.
 
Back
Top