Motegi. Japanese Moto GP *** SPOILER ALERT***

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Qualifying on 620 Bein sports at 8 am Saurday morning

Race on 620 Bein sports at 10 pm to 2 am Sat night/ Sunday morning (uggg)
Actual MotoGp probably from 1 am-2 am
 
FP2:

top 7 inside 0.4 seconds:

1 LORENZO 1'45.151
2 DOVIZIOSO 1'45.204
3 VIÑALES 1'45.248
4 MARQUEZ 1'45.303
5 CRUTCHLOW 1'45.501
6 A ESPARGARO 1'45.513
7 ROSSI I 1'45.532

Pedrosa out with broken collarbone during high side accident
 
Got the DVR set to record all the bike racing this weekend. My church's chapter of Faith Riders will have a biker's rest stop set up in Folkston, GA for riders returning home from Biketoberfest at Daytona. Free water, coffee, donuts and cookies.
 
Thread starter
Watching qualifying now

Dang, poor Dani.
 
Thread starter
OMG.......

I hear a fat lady singing
 
Thread starter
Not a great race, but a spectacular outcome
 
I am race deprived but looked up the the race and championship results. As a huge MM fan, I am overjoyed.

Is it too early to do a race recap? What happened to Rossi and Lorenzo? I'm dying to know.
 
They both crashed out pushing themselves. Rossi first then Lorenzo. I have no doubt Rossi's cold and Lorenzo's injuries fatigued them with those speeds and breaking demands.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Marquez was flying and ran off a string of quick laps within hundredths of a second of each lap..like 15 of them. The slow mo video was unbelievably cool. That is one on the edge-talented motorcycle rider.

I'm not such a fan of the excessive celebrations these days..Just don't remember/can't imagine Giacomo Agostini or Mike Hailwood or Kenny Roberts or Lawson or Rainey acting like that. Guess that's just the way it is these days. It's the kids 5th Championship and was pretty much a forgone conclusion for months now as long as he didn't wad it up, so no need for the circus act.

Rossi and Lorenzo ran a great race right up until their front ends washed out. Also the two Suzuki riders looked excellent in this race.

I hope you get to se it CB4ME.
 
I think it was his first MotoGP win at that course, it is Honda's home court, a win he wanted really bad a couple years ago. And he's young. Didn't see it, so I'm making a wild *ss guess. :D
 
Rboe_imp said:
I think it was his first MotoGP win at that course, it is Honda's home court, a win he wanted really bad a couple years ago. And he's young. Didn't see it, so I'm making a wild *ss guess. :D
Yep. First win at Motegi, Honda's home race track and in front of a lot of HRC brass and employees.

The only thing better would been if Dani had avoided that high side, had raced, and done well.
 
I had the same thought about Dani - it's a shame he wasn't there. Would have been great to see a Honda 1-2 finish on the Honda track. A very good race and the first lap or two were tense. After that, Rossi and Lorenzo just couldn't hold it together trying to keep up. As Bill Belichick would say - on to Phillip Island.
 
Back
Top