Moriwaki Ti duals

Ack-CB11_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I canceled the Two-tails, caution: some exhaust are made to order from Takashi. This one was and usually can't be canceled.
I'm going for true duals and I like how this pipe tucks up under the bike really well. I was going to remove the center stand anyway, so I'm going for the real thing. To me they sound like the Staintune muffler, throaty. I havn't found a duals sound clip yet.
Info links:
MFG : http://translate.google.com/transla...%3DHONDA%26model%3DCB1100%230&biw=930&bih=580

Samu Listing: http://www.samurider.com/?p=6541/#itemImage

Nice picture of pipe on a classified ad:
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=k159801905#enlargeimg

That last link was a great help showing all the pieces and it having an H pipe connection, I love that.
Pictures to follow.
 
Really like the duals. Is yours going to have all those blue gold heat marks in it?

Is there enough room to remove the oil filter?

Does the Y block the oil drain?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Really like the duals. Is yours going to have all those blue gold heat marks in it?

Is there enough room to remove the oil filter?

Does the Y block the oil drain?
Me too, Yes, Yes and No.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I canceled the Two-tails, caution: some exhaust are made to order from Takashi. This one was and usually can't be canceled.
I'm going for true duals and I like how this pipe tucks up under the bike really well. I was going to remove the center stand anyway, so I'm going for the real thing. To me they sound like the Staintune muffler, throaty. I havn't found a duals sound clip yet.
Info links:
MFG : http://translate.google.com/transla...%3DHONDA%26model%3DCB1100%230&biw=930&bih=580

Samu Listing: http://www.samurider.com/?p=6541/#itemImage

Nice picture of pipe on a classified ad:
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=k159801905#enlargeimg

That last link was a great help showing all the pieces and it having an H pipe connection, I love that.
Pictures to follow.
Here you go ACK. this is the pipe which i wanted to get first, but bit my lip & thought of settling with the slip/on till the bike runs a couple grand miles as this is a full exhaust and we have to mess with the headers... this is a good sounding exhaust, Please use headphones to hear the bass..

 
I would love to get a full dual exhaust but new regulations in California have made just about all exhaust mods available illegal. If I were to get a fix-it ticket for such a mod, a slip on exhaust would be so much easier to deal with than a full exhaust.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these cans once you get them.
 
Thread starter
wildezt, Thanks that's awesome :). I like the slightly deeper sound you get with a dual set-up, the cross-over connection helps with that. The exhaust looks great in the video. I've never had or seen in person a Moriwaki exhaust before, looks like it's well made in the video? Takashi said it was in stock at the factory so it shouldn't be to long.
Thx again for the research wildezt.
Joola that really stinks, with all the HiPo stuff made in Cal too. I'm keeping the stock stuff because Mass isn't usually to far behind you for emisson stuff.
I'm glad to get rid of the cat though, the heat from it goes straight up and bakes your oil after it's parked.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
wildezt, Thanks that's awesome :). I like the slightly deeper sound you get with a dual set-up, the cross-over connection helps with that. The exhaust looks great in the video. I've never had or seen in person a Moriwaki exhaust before, looks like it's well made in the video? Takashi said it was in stock at the factory so it shouldn't be to long.
Thx again for the research wildezt.
Joola that really stinks, with all the HiPo stuff made in Cal too. I'm keeping the stock stuff because Mass isn't usually to far behind you for emisson stuff.
I'm glad to get rid of the cat though, the heat from it goes straight up and bakes your oil after it's parked.
NP at all. Any time ACK..!
 
Thread starter
Exhaust came today, very very nice. I found out way this set up sounds so throaty, It has 1 tiny little converter in each y-pipe. Japan must have strict emmisions also? Oh well, at least it doesn't have to be remapped now.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Exhaust came today, very very nice. I found out way this set up sounds so throaty, It has 1 tiny little converter in each y-pipe. Japan must have strict emmisions also? Oh well, at least it doesn't have to be remapped now.
Hey Ack, did you get them installed yet..?:D

08/05/2013:-
installed..?
 
Thread starter
wildezt_imp said:
08/05/2013:-
installed yet..?
Sorry, no the whole things still in the box. I can't stop thinking about a 4X4 set-up. I'm keeping it new untill I decide................
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
wildezt_imp said:
08/05/2013:-
installed yet..?
Sorry, no the whole things still in the box. I can't stop thinking about a 4X4 set-up. I'm keeping it new untill I decide................
Sorry, no the whole things still in the box. I can't stop thinking about a 4X4 set-up. I'm keeping it new untill I decide................
Doing the exhaust now that the swingarm is done.
Got the stock exhaust off, 26.4 lbs. Will have to finish Sunday.
I did notice the acorn nuts that hold it on where all over the place concerning tightness, 2 seemed just over finger tight. Is that part of the 1st check-up I never did?

Everyone should check these...........
 
Thread starter
Exhaust and swingarm in. Both went smooth. The exhaust took a little time, without english instructions I had to do a mock install to make sure I knew what was going on. The exhaust came together perfect on the bike. I was dreading it because I know how fiddley an 8 piece exhaust should be, this one fell into place both times. Fit and finish are over the top amazing. I really like the length of the mufflers.
Swapping out the exhaust and removing the center stand I shaved 15.2 over stock. The new swingarm is 13.2 lbs lighter too.
All together a total of 28.4 lbs lighter, that's a huge number in the bike world.



[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/Exhaust002.jpg.html]

[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/Exhaust003.jpg.html]

[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/Exhaust004.jpg.html]

[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/Exhaust006.jpg.html]

[url=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/ACKCR500/media/Exhaust005.jpg.html]

Now it's install the Power Commander time, since it's pouring rain out. :@
 
That is a very sharp looking set of pipes. Really like the symmetrical look., and 28 pounds is a heck of a savings although I would hate to lse my centerstand.
 
DAMN! That looks sick! Can't wait to hear it and read a full performance report. To be honest though, after buying that new swingarm, I'd HAVE to be able to see it on one side of the bike anyway!
Hell, who am I kidding? You guys make us commoners very envious. :heart:
I'm not to crazy about the Yosh canister I have on mine, but the price was just too good to pass up. I'm thinking a great Christmas present to myself would be a new boxed aluminum swingarm......................and if Kerker or V&H would get off their asses and make a black 4-into-1 megaphone I would pay whatever price they demand.
Nice work man. :beerchug:
And your banking info is?????????? :D :D :D
 
closer and closer to full retro, including weight.

time for a professional photoshoot. (a model in a bikini in the pictures woul be nice).
 
Thread starter
The exhuast tone is what I was hoping for. A bit of a low end growl, like 4x4 has then smooths out to a nice, almost 4 into 1 buzz above 2 grand. You can ride normal w/o hard throttle and it's just about stock quite. I cruised for a 1/4 mile at 60 with a full face on and was no bother at all, the wind niose was louder.
I'm going to try my Kodak Easy Share camera tomorrow for some video drive-by's at different RPM's. We'll see if it works or not...:huh:
Outdoor picture


***Notice the radius on the head pipe, it has a rounder bend to it.
 
Back
Top