Moriwaki Swingarm Pivot Cap (Frame Plug)

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
These aluminum beauties replace the shiny (cheap looking?) OEM chromed plastic caps. They are in Honda's Japanese accessory catalog and like most motorcycle parts from Japan are precision made and pricy ($60+, including shipping).

cc10818ecccaa3c0c7685ccde615053c.jpg


edc598c003b5f7249fb459fe9024092b.jpg


Some of you may ask why spend that kind of money on a simple pair of plugs? I ask - Have you farkled today? :P
 
Very nice!

You might want to talk to a counselor about you OCJBD ( Obsessive Compulsive Japanese Buying Disorder). :rofl:
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Very nice!

You might want to talk to a counselor about you OCJBD ( Obsessive Compulsive Japanese Buying Disorder). :rofl:
Ferret, I'm already in weekly consultation with my counselor, Dr. Takashi Takase.

We both decided I should get the 2014 Deluxe so we can continue the therapy.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Very nice!

You might want to talk to a counselor about you OCJBD ( Obsessive Compulsive Japanese Buying Disorder). :rofl:
Ferret, I'm already in weekly consultation with my counselor, Dr. Takashi Takase.

We both decided I should get the 2014 Deluxe so we can continue the therapy.
:rofl:

Are you really going to get a Deluxe?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Very nice!

You might want to talk to a counselor about you OCJBD ( Obsessive Compulsive Japanese Buying Disorder). :rofl:
Ferret, I'm already in weekly consultation with my counselor, Dr. Takashi Takase.

We both decided I should get the 2014 Deluxe so we can continue the therapy.
:rofl:

Are you really going to get a Deluxe?
Yup!

I'd like to put a few more miles on the 2013, having done a bunch of mods over the winter that haven't really been tested or enjoyed.

By mid-summer, the 2013 will be returned to nearly stock and put on Craigslist, and some of my 30 plus accessories will be posted on the forum (cheap).

Me thinks the Deluxe will be a big hit in the US of A. I can't wait to see pitures of yours!
 
Wow..I am flabbergasted. You have done a ton of work to your 13 making it yours. I trust quite a few of the pieces will transfer and hope some of the members can get some of the other pieces.

I know you will enjoy the Deluxe and know you will push Takashi to get in a bunch of cool stuff for the Deluxe and EX.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Very nice!

You might want to talk to a counselor about you OCJBD ( Obsessive Compulsive Japanese Buying Disorder). :rofl:
There's quite a bit of discussion in the transmitable disease medical community about a mutation of the Harley Compulsive Chroming Virus (HCCV) that is spreading to other brands. Its alarming, especially in light of the three decades of HCCV running rampant with no cure, or even treatment, in sight.
 
I had a Harley once. Think I had that HCCV :) At least now I know the name for it! Apparently it will mutate into the OCJBD...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I had a Harley once. Think I had that HCCV :) At least now I know the name for it! Apparently it will mutate into the OCJBD...
I wish our Honda's had the accessory catalog Harley-Davison has. It looks like a thick phone book...

~ The Bee
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Wow..I am flabbergasted. You have done a ton of work to your 13 making it yours. I trust quite a few of the pieces will transfer and hope some of the members can get some of the other pieces.

I know you will enjoy the Deluxe and know you will push Takashi to get in a bunch of cool stuff for the Deluxe and EX.
Taksahi says several manufacturers are actively working on slip-on exhausts for the Deluxe. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. A pair of high quality exhausts will shed some weight off the bike, provide an exhaust note worthy of the bike, and combined with improvements on the intake side, will noticably boost performance.

But wait! There's more!

Chic Design is busily modifying their Road Comet I and II to work on the Deluxe. What's more, they will be doing ALL the Japanese colors.

Just think. If you want a unique 2014 CB Deluxe, buy a tank, side covers and cowl in Blue, White, Silver, Grey or Black. Yeah that could set you back a couple grand but let's face it. This is life and death we are talking about here. :D

Mr T will also be offering OEM spoke wheels for the Deluxe as well as everything else in the official Honda Japan CB1100 accessories catalog.

As Ferret might say: "Stay tuned to this forum for further developments." Three weeks until we see some 2014s????
 
CB4ME,
They look great. I like them and I love Moriwaki's pure quality. I'm getting a set, my OE plastic ones don't look so chromey anymore.
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
CB4ME,
They look great. I like them and I love Moriwaki's pure quality. I'm getting a set, my OE plastic ones don't look so chromey anymore.
Awesome!

Removal of the plastic plugs isn't bad, although you can't use a straight edge to pry the off.

I used a pair of channel locks to pull the plastic plug straight out. Not much to grab, so be careful.

The Moriwaki's are more substantial and will be easier to remove and find a home on a 2014 when I sell the 2013.
 
mj,

Those do look good!
 
On a semi-related topic, I was stationed in Okinawa from 1981 through early 1984. At the time the exchange rate hovered between about 250-275 yen to the dollar. In other words, you could hand over 100 bucks in exchange for 27,500 yen. I bought some very nice stuff (cameras, stereo, musical instruments, etc) off base back in the day for GREAT prices. Which was also nice since the Air Force didn't pay much back then either.

I guess the dollar is not exactly in the same ballpark now.:(
 
Back
Top