Moriwaki Micron Oil Filter

Henrik_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I just came across this newly released product from Moriwaki. I have never actually heard of such a micron oil filter, and have always used throw-away filters in the past. I was wondering if anybody here is familiar with this, and if indeed it would really add all the benefits that Moriwaki says:

Quote:■ Main features
・ High-performance oil filtration performance
・ Oil flow up to 7 times that of fiber filters ・
Significantly reduces the time required for the bypass to open and circulate, constantly filtering
・ Ideal in a short time immediately after starting the engine Provides
oilpressure・ Reduces the burden on the oil pump, contributes to power and torque increase in the entire area, enables excellent oil flow, improves oil pressure and oil temperature
・ Adsorbs metal even at high temperatures with neodium magnets
・ Filtered impurities Can be easily visually confirmed and the condition of the engine can be grasped.
-High strength with a machined monoblock aluminum body. Cooling performance is improved with a heat sink.
Quality that is trusted by the aircraft industry with FAA / PMA certification
. Can be cleaned with a commercially available parts cleaner and can be used repeatedly. Economical and eco-friendly
It certainly looks great though:

361e8ac5eeccdfb4a084e848f5d9ea6f.jpg


You can find out more here, but you wold need to translate to Englis (unless you are fluent in Japanese that is...) https://shop.moriwaki.co.jp/ec/detail/?product_id=3328
 
I have zero desire to clean an oil filter. Especially in a parts cleaner where I would probably end up with more debris in the clean side of the filter than it started with.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I have zero desire to clean an oil filter. Especially in a parts cleaner where I would probably end up with more debris in the clean side of the filter than it started with.
Ditto
4673010530e0ce1b23bcae1b03144a1b.png


Unless the increased flow and cleanliness gives me 50hp and 50Nm, then I'd make an effort
5406f6ff4688452ac395afd26939bb87.png




'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I used one back in 2019 on an Aprilia. Cost was reasonable, about $80 US. Build quality was very good. Convenience: Just wash, blow dry and reinstall.

Was it better than paper? Functionally I could not tell the difference. Did I break-even on filter cost? I don't think so, but that has nothing to do with the filter itself.
 
tod.branko_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
I have zero desire to clean an oil filter. Especially in a parts cleaner where I would probably end up with more debris in the clean side of the filter than it started with.
Ditto
4673010530e0ce1b23bcae1b03144a1b.png


Unless the increased flow and cleanliness gives me 50hp and 50Nm, then I'd make an effort
5406f6ff4688452ac395afd26939bb87.png




'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Ditto
37cdbe4a2d5a71ad3fd978ba68213b23.png

Unless the increased flow and cleanliness gives me 50hp and 50Nm, then I'd make an effort
bdbdfeb299d9cd7208045519125f82a4.png

^^+1^^
 
peterbaron_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
I have zero desire to clean an oil filter. Especially in a parts cleaner where I would probably end up with more debris in the clean side of the filter than it started with.
Ditto
4673010530e0ce1b23bcae1b03144a1b.png


Unless the increased flow and cleanliness gives me 50hp and 50Nm, then I'd make an effort
5406f6ff4688452ac395afd26939bb87.png




'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Ditto
37cdbe4a2d5a71ad3fd978ba68213b23.png

Unless the increased flow and cleanliness gives me 50hp and 50Nm, then I'd make an effort
bdbdfeb299d9cd7208045519125f82a4.png

^^+1^^
Ditto
aab43414222f75af6fccadec24f4ca46.png

Unless the increased flow and cleanliness gives me 50hp and 50Nm, then I'd make an effort
613bac8f2f1dbed26c9823e888188be0.png

^^+1^^
Less waste to the landfill.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the feedback. Even if it does not do anything for power gain, and I really feel that our Honda does not really need more power, I like the idea that it may improve the cooling. Also, in this world where we need to move away from unnecessary waste, it does seem like a pretty good idea. Most of all, I think it would look great on the bike! It would compliment my oil filler cap:

50e743c35811647ea98d70780727d1ee.jpg


If this stupid Corona situation ever evolves so that I can finally make it back to Japan, I think I would pick one of these up while visiting Moriwaki in Suzuka.
 
Seem like so extra effort and money for absolutely no benefit. Get a magnetic drain plug if your engine is shedding metal for some unexplained reason, I guess
 
Back
Top