emptysea
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Cheryl's rehab is coming along nicely. She's walking 3-4 miles 4 days/week and plans on getting back on the bike in May. Thanks for asking. Fran was nice enough to ask about her as well. She rode with us to MLR in 2015.Cormanus_imp said:Great write up as usual, MTC. There's nothing quite like being on your own on a bike hurrying to get somewhere.
The USB outlet is not drawing power when the ignition is off, is it?
I'm reminded that it's been a while since I enquired about the state of Mrs MTC's leg.
Well...I understand and probably share a bit of your dislike for large crowds, but I could envision a scenario in which you and I could meet up, ride in together, and we could manage our way through the crowd together. Check the weather about a week before the event next year and let me know. Alternatively, we could meet there some other weekend, eliminating the crowd entirely.The ferret_imp said:Cool report and pics Sea. 489 miles is a good day, and many here will tell you it can't be done on a stock seat lol. Glad you made it to MLR, at this point I will probably never go. Have meant to for years, but never got it done. It has gotten too big for me. Not a big crowd guy. Some on the ST forum have quit going too for the same reason.
I wonder too if your USB is drawing current with ignition off, but into a 5 th year on the original battery sounds about right for longevity. The headlight going out is what makes me suspect though as I have had stock headlights last for decades. One of my ST 's 2 headlights went out last year after 11 years and 70,000 miles.

Great news. May the recovery continue apace!EmptySea_imp said:Cheryl's rehab is coming along nicely. She's walking 3-4 miles 4 days/week and plans on getting back on the bike in May. Thanks for asking. Fran was nice enough to ask about her as well. She rode with us to MLR in 2015.Cormanus_imp said:Great write up as usual, MTC. There's nothing quite like being on your own on a bike hurrying to get somewhere.
The USB outlet is not drawing power when the ignition is off, is it?
I'm reminded that it's been a while since I enquired about the state of Mrs MTC's leg.
Well...I understand and probably share a bit of your dislike for large crowds, but I could envision a scenario in which you and I could meet up, ride in together, and we could manage our way through the crowd together. Check the weather about a week before the event next year and let me know. Alternatively, we could meet there some other weekend, eliminating the crowd entirely.The ferret_imp said:Cool report and pics Sea. 489 miles is a good day, and many here will tell you it can't be done on a stock seat lol. Glad you made it to MLR, at this point I will probably never go. Have meant to for years, but never got it done. It has gotten too big for me. Not a big crowd guy. Some on the ST forum have quit going too for the same reason.
I wonder too if your USB is drawing current with ignition off, but into a 5 th year on the original battery sounds about right for longevity. The headlight going out is what makes me suspect though as I have had stock headlights last for decades. One of my ST 's 2 headlights went out last year after 11 years and 70,000 miles.
We're going to find out if the USB draws power. They were supposed to wire it to be a switched circuit, but they did not do so. It's their first mistake on my bike, though, so I'm not too irritated. I am giving serious consideration to an adaptive headlight (I think that's what they're called) as a replacement, but they run $200+ so I may just replace the bulb.
Probably going to replace the battery regardless of whether the USB caused the power drain. Better safe than sorry, but I will have them check out the battery anyway.
EmptySea_imp said:The ferret: This is from Moonshine Store's Facebook Page:
Open Monday through Saturday
6:00am - 1:00pm
GRILL SHUTS OFF AT 12:30pm
Cash or check only
I bet they're closed on Memorial Day or I might be inclined to suggest we meet there on the way to Eureka Springs. I don't really think that will work, though, so all you have to do is pick a Saturday (You might be able to persuade me to take off a Friday, if that works better) and let's meet there. If we wait until June sometime, Cheryl might join us (and maybe a few other folks from our group). Let me know if this interests you. And don't worry, I won't judge you TOO harshly if you ride your ST instead of your CB.![]()
A happy retirement is a blessing earned from working every day for a half century. Being prepared mentally and financially is the key. It also takes a bit of luck. It helps to be married to the same woman for 45 years that has the same ideas and goals that you do, and that participates in the saving plan. Guys with divorces/second families I know, have a real hard go of it. I have been blessed.Elipten_imp said:This retirement thing is looking good. I can't wait.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
