Mods & accessories done so far

dsinned_imp

Been there
Thread starter
In no particular order my growing list of accessory additions and/or mods to my standard model (all black), 2014 CB1100:

1. Eazy On Black Gaiters
2. Kijima Chrome Grab Bar
3. Puig mini opaque black deflector
4. Shorty black front fender
5. Trail Tech Temp meter (monitors EOC temp)
6. Spal 5.2" pusher fan (attached to front of EOC)
7. On/Off manual fan rocker switch (handlebar mounted)
8. Battery Tender battery charger & hookup wired to bike
9. Emgo reverse megaphone chrome muffler with Delkevic intermediate pipe
A. SW-Motech black power coated crash bars

These all worked out well and didn't cost an arm and a leg. All parts of high quality, tasteful and integrated so as not to radically alter the appearance of the bike or affect the Honda warranty. I tried to keep the all black color scheme (Front) and chrome (rear) as much as possible and believe I have succeeded.

Christmas came early this year for me, but just wanted to share on Thanksgiving Day.

Wishing everyone a joyous Happy Thanksgiving and holiday season!
 
Good on you, dsinned. I hope you're feeling better and better after the treatment.
 
dsinned_imp said:
In no particular order my growing list of accessory additions and/or mods to my standard model (all black), 2014 CB1100:

1. Eazy On Black Gaiters
2. Kijima Chrome Grab Bar
3. Puig mini opaque black deflector
4. Shorty black front fender
5. Trail Tech Temp meter (monitors EOC temp)
6. Spal 5.2" pusher fan (attached to front of EOC)
7. On/Off manual fan rocker switch (handlebar mounted)
8. Battery Tender battery charger & hookup wired to bike
9. Emgo reverse megaphone chrome muffler with Delkevic intermediate pipe
A. SW-Motech black power coated crash bars

These all worked out well and didn't cost an arm and a leg. All parts of high quality, tasteful and integrated so as not to radically alter the appearance of the bike or affect the Honda warranty. I tried to keep the all black color scheme (Front) and chrome (rear) as much as possible and believe I have succeeded.

Christmas came early this year for me, but just wanted to share on Thanksgiving Day.

Wishing everyone a joyous Happy Thanksgiving and holiday season!
Did you get a battery tender that will fully charge an AGM battery?
 
White Dog_imp said:
dsinned_imp said:
In no particular order my growing list of accessory additions and/or mods to my standard model (all black), 2014 CB1100:

1. Eazy On Black Gaiters
2. Kijima Chrome Grab Bar
3. Puig mini opaque black deflector
4. Shorty black front fender
5. Trail Tech Temp meter (monitors EOC temp)
6. Spal 5.2" pusher fan (attached to front of EOC)
7. On/Off manual fan rocker switch (handlebar mounted)
8. Battery Tender battery charger & hookup wired to bike
9. Emgo reverse megaphone chrome muffler with Delkevic intermediate pipe
A. SW-Motech black power coated crash bars

These all worked out well and didn't cost an arm and a leg. All parts of high quality, tasteful and integrated so as not to radically alter the appearance of the bike or affect the Honda warranty. I tried to keep the all black color scheme (Front) and chrome (rear) as much as possible and believe I have succeeded.

Christmas came early this year for me, but just wanted to share on Thanksgiving Day.

Wishing everyone a joyous Happy Thanksgiving and holiday season!
Did you get a battery tender that will fully charge an AGM battery?
Did you get a battery tender that will fully charge an AGM battery?

Source for the gaiters you have?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
dsinned_imp said:
Thanks guys! Picture will be forthcoming . . . Still have yet to install my SW-Motech crash bars and gaitors, but all the other mods are already done.


RDTWOHIG, Revzilla sells the Eazy On Gaitors made by Kijima of Japan: $76.49 w/free shipping

Motorcycle Parts | Your Online Motorcycle Parts Store! - RevZilla
These look to be the same gaiters I bought last year and returned, as they did not snap together but zip ties hold them in place. They also were huge, quite unlike the ones The Ferret has. Maybe the person who showed the pic of the snap-together gaiters can furnish manufacturer and part no.
 
Thread starter
I cannot confirm yet White Dog. I'm still waiting to receive them from Revzilla, but . . . for the HIGH PRICE, my expectation is that they will be the "new" Kijima design (with zip up seam). The photo of them on Revzilla's website looks to be the real deal! I should receive them sometime next week and will give more feedback after I can verify how they were made. Stay tuned . . .
 
dsinned_imp said:
I cannot confirm yet White Dog. I'm still waiting to receive them from Revzilla, but . . . for the HIGH PRICE, my expectation is that they will be the "new" Kijima design (with zip up seam). The photo of them on Revzilla's website looks to be the real deal! I should receive them sometime next week and will give more feedback after I can verify how they were made. Stay tuned . . .
If not to your liking, Revzilla is good about returns/refunds.
 
Thread starter
Well, as I posted elsewhere the Kijima Gaitors did not meet my expectations. I agree with White Dog, they are HUGE and bulky, way too big in size relative the bike. Way too pricey too.

I decided instead to add some other accessories not listed in my first post; chromed bar ends and chain guard. These should enhance the appearance of the bike while blending in to what otherwise would be considered a stock looking, OEM-like appearance.

 
Back
Top