Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Didn't you use your CB regulary?Wisedrum_imp said:Didn't you use your CB regulary?Flynrider_imp said:Well, it's time for another annual update. The MMG battery has been on my bike for over three years and is still working great. I checked resting voltage last weekend and it's the same as when it was new.
Typical lead/acid batteries (both flooded and AGM) tend to last less than 3 years in our desert heat. The OEM AGM unit lasted exactly two years. I think this lithium technology is exactly what us desert dwellers need. It doesn't seem to be affected by the heat at all. The only issue I had (see above) was starting in mid 20 degree temps, where I had to use the warm up procedure before it would crank.
So far, this is the best battery I can remember owning. Over the last ~30 years, I can't remember the last time I had a battery that made it a full 3 years. If this battery should die in the near future, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
3 years isn't so long.
My CB still has its original battery and after more than 5 years it still works great. Also the W800's first battery being more than 7 years old is in use without any signs of weakness and hopefully some more years to come. To not give a motorbike longer periods of rest but ride it every once in while or more often is the best way of taking care for a battery's life and all other parts of the bike. The CB very good knows how to keep its battery alive, better than any other charging system.
Wisedrum
Didn't you use your CB regulary?Wisedrum_imp said:Didn't you use your CB regulary?Flynrider_imp said:Well, it's time for another annual update. The MMG battery has been on my bike for over three years and is still working great. I checked resting voltage last weekend and it's the same as when it was new.
Typical lead/acid batteries (both flooded and AGM) tend to last less than 3 years in our desert heat. The OEM AGM unit lasted exactly two years. I think this lithium technology is exactly what us desert dwellers need. It doesn't seem to be affected by the heat at all. The only issue I had (see above) was starting in mid 20 degree temps, where I had to use the warm up procedure before it would crank.
So far, this is the best battery I can remember owning. Over the last ~30 years, I can't remember the last time I had a battery that made it a full 3 years. If this battery should die in the near future, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
3 years isn't so long.
My CB still has its original battery and after more than 5 years it still works great. Also the W800's first battery being more than 7 years old is in use without any signs of weakness and hopefully some more years to come. To not give a motorbike longer periods of rest but ride it every once in while or more often is the best way of taking care for a battery's life and all other parts of the bike. The CB very good knows how to keep its battery alive, better than any other charging system.
Wisedrum
$99 sounds like a really good price for LiON.Flynrider_imp said:Well it's that time of year again. The MMG battery will celebrate its 4th birthday in a few days. That's twice as long as the OEM battery (AGM) lived and a year longer than any lead acid motorcycle battery has ever made it on one of my bikes.
I'm convinced that the lithium ion chemistry is the solution for premature battery death for us desert dwellers. I tested the battery this morning and the resting voltage is within .1V what it was when new. It still cranks the bike up without a hitch. I have not had any issues at all since I installed it.
Best $99 I ever spent on a motorcycle battery.

Very good to hear! My climate is Oregon, so very mild overall. My Odyssey battery on my KLR is now at 10 years; it was pricey at $140 at the time, now I think it's around $180. But it has lasted way beyond what I expected.Flynrider_imp said:Well, I never thought I'd be updating this thread after five years, but here I am.
The MMG Lithium Ion battery is celebrating its 5th year in my CB1100. It still cranks like the day it was new. The load meter still shows the cranking power well into the green and the voltmeter shows a resting voltage just about where it was when it was new.
All of my fellow desert dwelling motorcyclists are very impressed with this kind of longevity. By contrast, my CB750 has been through two lead/acid batteries during this same period.
To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. I've always been envious of you guys in cooler climates that would get 5-7 years out of a standard AGM battery. Now I know how that feels![]()
:worship:Man, that's great FlynriderFlynrider_imp said:Looks like I forgot to add an update last month. I guess the best thing you can say about a battery is that you don't ever think about it.
The MMG has now been performing flawlessly in the CB for 6 years. Easily double the life of any lead/acid battery I've ever owned. It still cranks like it did when it was new. Needless to say, I'll definitely be getting another one when this one finally dies.