dbarkdoll_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Purchased a new pair. Holy crap, these are actually supposed to fit on the levers? “Fat guy in a little coat” comes to mind.....
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Or....you might consider this to be a sign that it's time to wean yourself off of the RLET drug. I'm fortunate that I never partook. Seems to me that RLETs are the gateway drug. Nosirry Bob. I'm not even taking a puff of RLET. I'm not getting hooked on that stuff.dbarkdoll_imp said:I had the displeasure of dropping my bike in the yard the other week (or rather, gravity dropped it). Parked it on an uneven pitch to lock my shed up and plop, there she went. No biggie, except my front brake lever came out looking like a hook. Tried to bend it back and ended up breaking it into 3 pieces, lol. New lever ordered, installed, no problem. EXCEPT.....
I can’t get the old RLET off of the broken lever. If it was intact, it’d be possible, but it’s just the tip so nothing to grab onto. So my CB is lobsided. Is it safe to ride until my replacement RLET comes in? Am I disrupting the overall balance of the bike by riding 1/2 naked? Have I completely disrupted the chakras to an unsafe level? Will God himself smite me in the middle of the road??? :-/:huh:![]()
I just read this ... not so sure how to act 'cos my STD has RLETs and DLX doesn't..???redbirds_imp said:RLETs are dangerous enough when both are present. For safety's sake, cut the other one off and eliminate the aerodynamic drag imposed.
OMG...even more confused...tommymck_imp said:Or....you might consider this to be a sign that it's time to wean yourself off of the RLET drug. I'm fortunate that I never partook. Seems to me that RLETs are the gateway drug. Nosirry Bob. I'm not even taking a puff of RLET. I'm not getting hooked on that stuff.dbarkdoll_imp said:I had the displeasure of dropping my bike in the yard the other week (or rather, gravity dropped it). Parked it on an uneven pitch to lock my shed up and plop, there she went. No biggie, except my front brake lever came out looking like a hook. Tried to bend it back and ended up breaking it into 3 pieces, lol. New lever ordered, installed, no problem. EXCEPT.....
I can’t get the old RLET off of the broken lever. If it was intact, it’d be possible, but it’s just the tip so nothing to grab onto. So my CB is lobsided. Is it safe to ride until my replacement RLET comes in? Am I disrupting the overall balance of the bike by riding 1/2 naked? Have I completely disrupted the chakras to an unsafe level? Will God himself smite me in the middle of the road??? :-/:huh:![]()
We are lost, don't come looking for usLord Popgun_imp said:Strong is the Dark side. Sith Lord Redbirds has many weak minded acolytes. Many Padawans are lost.
Heresy. Blashphemy. Pride. The dark side are they.redbirds_imp said:RLETs are dangerous enough when both are present. For safety's sake, cut the other one off and eliminate the aerodynamic drag imposed.

Peter, I beg to differ. RLETs work well in the pits, while being transported, and in the the very last seconds of an accident, just before the lever would have contacted the ground. Back in Hailwood's day, they were Racing Lever End Things.peterbaron_imp said:Sorry Joe but RLETs protect at lower and normal speed not during racing 'cos RLETs are safety/angel items .... and at THAT time, these were not even called RLETs yet![]()
P.S. Next week, I will have 6/six RLETs in my household :excited:

And if you believe that, let me tell you what my dog told me this morning.......Cormanus_imp said:Pay attention all ye! Pekingduck knows what he's talking about. He will also tell you Honda was fitting RLETs to motorcycles well before making the magnificent specimens he showed us.