Missing RLET; Safe To Ride...?

dbarkdoll_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I had the displeasure of dropping my bike in the yard the other week (or rather, gravity dropped it). Parked it on an uneven pitch to lock my shed up and plop, there she went. No biggie, except my front brake lever came out looking like a hook. Tried to bend it back and ended up breaking it into 3 pieces, lol. New lever ordered, installed, no problem. EXCEPT.....

I can’t get the old RLET off of the broken lever. If it was intact, it’d be possible, but it’s just the tip so nothing to grab onto. So my CB is lobsided. Is it safe to ride until my replacement RLET comes in? Am I disrupting the overall balance of the bike by riding 1/2 naked? Have I completely disrupted the chakras to an unsafe level? Will God himself smite me in the middle of the road??? :-/:huh::(
 
For Pete's sake, please be careful if you must ride it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
For Pete's sake, please be careful if you must ride it.

Just put the old rlet in your front pocket opposite the side of the bike that’s missing the new rlet and your weight distribution problem should work itself out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
chync_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
For Pete's sake, please be careful if you must ride it.

Just put the old rlet in your front pocket opposite the side of the bike that’s missing the new rlet and your weight distribution problem should work itself out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put the old rlet in your front pocket opposite the side of the bike that’s missing the new rlet and your weight distribution problem should work itself out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Genius.
 
Thus a new adage was born on the CB1100 Forum:

So, is that an RLET in your pocket, or are you just a tiny bit excited to be riding your CB1100 again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Guth_imp said:
Thus a new adage was born on the CB1100 Forum:

So, is that an RLET in your pocket, or are you just a tiny bit excited to be riding your CB1100 again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boss, is that the sort of double entendre I should moderate?

dbarkdoll, I’m sorry to hear of your mishap. As it’s breakfast time here, I can’t seek the assistance of the potion I usually imbibe to try to make sense of RLET lore, but I can’t help thinking you may have had a very rare, rogue RLET. I mean, why else would the bike fall over like that? So, it may just be that you’ll not only be fine but actually better off without it. Temporarily, of course, because RLETs abhor a naked knob.

Perhaps you should send the offending RLET to popgun so he can wave the Secret Forum Diagnostic Decoder ring over it.

Meanwhile, the wise words of the Ferret probably apply:

The ferret_imp said:
For Pete's sake, please be careful if you must ride it.
 
I think chync's solution is genius!
 
So wait a minute, you're just going to replace one rlet? But then you won't have MATCHING rlets!!

You really do like to tempt fate, don't you?
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think chync's solution is genius!
Definitely great humor points, but are you sure that the detached RLET should be in the opposite pocket for proper balance...rather than in the pocket on the same side?!

That is just challenging my attempt at logical thinking.

But, what do I know, especially since it is not an electrical or carb issue?!

That's all folks (read with Bugs Bunny stutter). Of the grid for a few days.
Safe riding to all!!
 
Hey you handle the mechanical and electrical stuff, and we'll handle the metaphysical stuff
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
So wait a minute, you're just going to replace one rlet? But then you won't have MATCHING rlets!!

You really do like to tempt fate, don't you?
I don’t think RLETs come in singles, so I will prob be forced to order the pair. The question is, do I subject myself the hassle of removing the left one and replacing it with the matching counterpart, or leave it be.........dang that is a moral conundrum if I’ve ever seen one. :huh::huh::huh:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think chync's solution is genius!
Definitely great humor points, but are you sure that the detached RLET should be in the opposite pocket for proper balance...rather than in the pocket on the same side?!

That is just challenging my attempt at logical thinking.

But, what do I know, especially since it is not an electrical or carb issue?!

That's all folks (read with Bugs Bunny stutter). Of the grid for a few days.
Safe riding to all!!
Definitely great humor points, but are you sure that the detached RLET should be in the opposite pocket for proper balance...rather than in the pocket on the same side?!

That is just challenging my attempt at logical thinking.

But, what do I know, especially since it is not an electrical or carb issue?!

That's all folks (read with Bugs Bunny stutter). Of the grid for a few days.
Safe riding to all!!
I wondered the same thing. I’m missing the right RLET, seems like I should put the rogue one in my right pocket. :-/
Guth_imp said:
Thus a new adage was born on the CB1100 Forum:

So, is that an RLET in your pocket, or are you just a tiny bit excited to be riding your CB1100 again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOLOL.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
So wait a minute, you're just going to replace one rlet? But then you won't have MATCHING rlets!!

You really do like to tempt fate, don't you?
dbarkdoll_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
So wait a minute, you're just going to replace one rlet? But then you won't have MATCHING rlets!!

You really do like to tempt fate, don't you?
I don’t think RLETs come in singles, so I will prob be forced to order the pair. The question is, do I subject myself the hassle of removing the left one and replacing it with the matching counterpart, or leave it be.........dang that is a moral conundrum if I’ve ever seen one. :huh::huh::huh:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think chync's solution is genius!
Definitely great humor points, but are you sure that the detached RLET should be in the opposite pocket for proper balance...rather than in the pocket on the same side?!

That is just challenging my attempt at logical thinking.

But, what do I know, especially since it is not an electrical or carb issue?!

That's all folks (read with Bugs Bunny stutter). Of the grid for a few days.
Safe riding to all!!
Definitely great humor points, but are you sure that the detached RLET should be in the opposite pocket for proper balance...rather than in the pocket on the same side?!

That is just challenging my attempt at logical thinking.

But, what do I know, especially since it is not an electrical or carb issue?!

That's all folks (read with Bugs Bunny stutter). Of the grid for a few days.
Safe riding to all!!
I wondered the same thing. I’m missing the right RLET, seems like I should put the rogue one in my right pocket. :-/
Guth_imp said:
Thus a new adage was born on the CB1100 Forum:

So, is that an RLET in your pocket, or are you just a tiny bit excited to be riding your CB1100 again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOLOL.
No, no, no. This is wrong, wrong, wrong. It is curious, but RLETs come in packets of one—part # 95010-16001, qty1 per package. So, strange as it may seem, RLETS NEVER match. You install them and they find a unique symbiosis across the bars as they slip onto the lever knobs. This happens even when one lever is damaged and requires replacing. As the new RLET slides on, there will be a frisson of energy across the bars and harmony will be restored.

SportsterDoc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think chync's solution is genius!
Definitely great humor points, but are you sure that the detached RLET should be in the opposite pocket for proper balance...rather than in the pocket on the same side?!

That is just challenging my attempt at logical thinking.

But, what do I know, especially since it is not an electrical or carb issue?!

That's all folks (read with Bugs Bunny stutter). Of the grid for a few days.
Safe riding to all!!
dbarkdoll_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
So wait a minute, you're just going to replace one rlet? But then you won't have MATCHING rlets!!

You really do like to tempt fate, don't you?
I don’t think RLETs come in singles, so I will prob be forced to order the pair. The question is, do I subject myself the hassle of removing the left one and replacing it with the matching counterpart, or leave it be.........dang that is a moral conundrum if I’ve ever seen one. :huh::huh::huh:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think chync's solution is genius!
Definitely great humor points, but are you sure that the detached RLET should be in the opposite pocket for proper balance...rather than in the pocket on the same side?!

That is just challenging my attempt at logical thinking.

But, what do I know, especially since it is not an electrical or carb issue?!

That's all folks (read with Bugs Bunny stutter). Of the grid for a few days.
Safe riding to all!!
Definitely great humor points, but are you sure that the detached RLET should be in the opposite pocket for proper balance...rather than in the pocket on the same side?!

That is just challenging my attempt at logical thinking.

But, what do I know, especially since it is not an electrical or carb issue?!

That's all folks (read with Bugs Bunny stutter). Of the grid for a few days.
Safe riding to all!!
I wondered the same thing. I’m missing the right RLET, seems like I should put the rogue one in my right pocket. :-/
Guth_imp said:
Thus a new adage was born on the CB1100 Forum:

So, is that an RLET in your pocket, or are you just a tiny bit excited to be riding your CB1100 again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOLOL.
Definitely. Under no circumstances put it in the left pocket.
 
Recalling a post from deeply in cloud storage, RLETS mate FOR LIFE!... Therefore, it only seems to allow only two possibilities: (1) you must continue to ride with the detached right RLET on the lever knob in your right pocket(jacket pocket preferably to alleviate any misunderstandings as to your emotional level) after passing the right RLET closely about the still attached left RLET to allow their monogamous bind, or (2) you must perform a humane demise of both RLETS prior to installing a newly matched/bonded pair!... Please be respectful and swift in execution of the old RLET pair!... mumble the appropriate mantra... someone here surely can instruct you to the sacred final words for your faithfully served pair!
 
silverbub_imp said:
Recalling a post from deeply in cloud storage, RLETS mate FOR LIFE!... Therefore, it only seems to allow only two possibilities: (1) you must continue to ride with the detached right RLET on the lever knob in your right pocket(jacket pocket preferably to alleviate any misunderstandings as to your emotional level) after passing the right RLET closely about the still attached left RLET to allow their monogamous bind, or (2) you must perform a humane demise of both RLETS prior to installing a newly matched/bonded pair!... Please be respectful and swift in execution of the old RLET pair!... mumble the appropriate mantra... someone here surely can instruct you to the sacred final words for your faithfully served pair!
....and they said I was crazy! (I am but that's beside the point)
 
Back
Top