Well done, Doc.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What graphic scheme do you end up with? Was the tire chirping truly an accident or has the new ride already begun to exert it's influence? What size tires does it take? How expensive will it be to replace them? How much ground clearance does it have? What is the turning radius?pdedse_imp said:Happy for you! Would like ot see some photos at some point.

Jerry, thanks for your report and keep Ryking with full enjoyment.SportsterDoc_imp said:Peter
Perhaps the photo of Redstone along Lake Mead Northshore Road did not go the first time as I sent it from there and it is a no service area.
Very pleasant purchase experience (third purchase from dealer).
Yamaha of Las Vegas highly recommended.
Rode it home yesterday and got very familiar with it.
Under seat tool bag attached with
Compact foot pump
Combo wrenches, stubby, 10, 13, 15
L wrenches, 3, 4, 5
L wrenches, T25, T30, after I find them...no joy at True Value or Ace in Overton, today
and a Dynaplug kit, when it arrives
In Overton (Maverick 91 octane) 33.5 MPG, running ECO mode for run-in, versus Normal or Sport (no traction control). Miles divided by gallons purchased within 0.1 of trip computer. Typical Speed 55-60 MPH, with speed variances for run-in.
Vrod friend and I had a shaded patio lunch at the Inside Scoop in Overton. He went home via Logandale and Interstate 15, due to issues at home.
I doubled back on return trip and did a leisurely solo 45-55 MPH. Trip computer indicated almost 38 MPG. However, when I filled at home, the Costco pump would not let me fill past 1.74 gallons, which would be a much unexpected 47 MPG on a machine not expected to exced 40 MPG.
Getting used to higher RPMs, but acceleration is strong. Even in ECO mode, I unintentionally chirped the tire in the Costco parking lot.
I do not yet feel as comfortable cornering as on a bike, but there must be truth in expecting an upper body workout in the turns. Although not (yet) feeling it, my goal of getting under 180 pounds was reached today!
Fuel gage reading is not proportionate. It has 10 segments, which should be ~0.5 gallon per segment for a 5.25 gallon tank. 9 were illuminated after 80 miles.
Normal read on temperature gauge mid point with is 5 segments illuminated. It reached that 1/2 mile from home on my run to Lowes, this morning. Once up to temp, the reading never changed. Back in the valley, the electric fan came on at signals and in construction traffic.
Glove box holds quantity 4 Water bottles (0.5 liter) reading glasses, sun glasses, etc.
Stock solo seat comfortable. Sport windshield performed very well.
I am not tall, but footpegs farthest forward very comfortable (5 adjustments, every couple inches).
Not impressed with braking, but I adjusted brake pedal forward, to avoid riding it.
Plan to go to Corn Creek Springs, Cold Creek, Lee Canyon, Deer Creek Road to Mt charleston, then return via Kyle Canyon tomorrow to complete run-in.
Correction to post 36: Wheel nut is 65 mm

162 miles todayGuth_imp said:What graphic scheme do you end up with? Was the tire chirping truly an accident or has the new ride already begun to exert it's influence? What size tires does it take? How expensive will it be to replace them? How much ground clearance does it have? What is the turning radius?pdedse_imp said:Happy for you! Would like ot see some photos at some point.
I could go on, but seeing that someone finally asked the obvious question, I'd settle for a photo.![]()
I stopped at the Desert View Overlook on Deer Creek Road. Man and woman on a Sypder were looking my way. When I next looked up, she had a camera pointing my way....90 degrees from the view.max_imp said:Very pleased for you doc, had a chat with another guy on a spyder and followed him for a bit, definately much more visible on the road and an optional coffecup holder would be a laugh, well done on the new fun-mobile
Wind in the face is the same.The ferret_imp said:Yea congrats. Give us a description of the feeling of riding it vs riding a motorcycle.
Thanks, LabLabrador12_imp said:Glad to hear it Doc, from a fellow sportster sport lover!